Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DynastyDabbler
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Miles Sanders

Postby DynastyDabbler » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:37 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:25 am One of the guys I'm really interested in seeing at the combine, because to the eye, he looks slow, Maybe it's the Big 10, IDK. Really interested to see his athletic profile. He doesn't seem to have that next gear, but he sets up tacklers well and is pretty shifty.
Agreed. That was my only knock. Looked a little slow
10 team half-ppr 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLX 3IDP
QB: J. Burrow, J. Goff
RB: J. Mixon, K. Walker, T. Etienne, A. Ekeler, Z. Charbonet, K. Miller, T. Bigsby, J. Warren,
WR: J. Chase, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, D. Smith, J. Smith-Njigba, P. Nacua, J. Meyers, T. Palmer,
TE: T. Kelce, T. McBride, C. Okonkwo

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:39 pm

Here's a thread with some scouting insight on him:

https://twitter.com/CeeingTheDraft/stat ... 87296?s=19
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

dizzler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dizzler » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:35 pm

I think a lot of it has to do with him only running for a year and being behind the name Saquon Barkley. I see a lot of potential in him and watched all of his tape being a PSU fan. After he tests well at the combine I think this narrative will change and he will be a household name for rookie drafts.
Team 1 - Super Kamario Bros (12 Team - PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -1, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB -Wentz, Newton, Ryan, Haskins (R)
RB -Zeke, Kamara, Drake, Ballage; Thompson, Ajayi
WR - D Hopkins, Julio, A. Miller, Coutee, AJ Brown (R) , Marvin Jones, Mclaurin (R),
Te -Delanie, Ebron, Oliver (R)
2020:3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Kerryon Luggage (12 Team - 2TE PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -2, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB - Jimmy G, Josh Allen, Mariota
RB - Kerryon, Jamaal Will, Drake, Ballage, Miles Sanders (R), Justice Hill (R), Myles Gaskins (R)
Wr - Micheal Thomas, Zay Jones, Curtis Samuel, Crowder, Coutee, Aj Brown (R), Marquise Brown (R), Keesean Johnson (R), Kelvin Harmon (R)
Te- Engram, Oj Howard, Josh Oliver (R)
2020: 3,3,3, 5

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:24 pm

Still question his speed, but like everything else
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:56 pm

Bump. He answered my speed question today. I saw him get tracked down vs Michigan State on a long run, but I know think he was gassed. He never seemed to get caught much, but didn't look like a burner. My only question about him (speed) was answered today. Like I said earlier in this thread, he's not going to be a secret to anyone, might as well talk about him.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:56 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:26 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:25 am One of the guys I'm really interested in seeing at the combine, because to the eye, he looks slow, Maybe it's the Big 10, IDK. Really interested to see his athletic profile. He doesn't seem to have that next gear, but he sets up tacklers well and is pretty shifty.
Same here. 4.5's I'm hoping.
Done! Target hit, and overachieved slightly. Was strong in all drills, including 3 cone. I guess the Bench press knocks his SPARQ down quite a bit, but everything else looks good on the athleticism chart.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/miles-sanders/

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:13 pm

He checked all the boxes today as a legit 3 down back. His 40 was good but his first 10 yards looked fantastic which is more important IMO. I haven't had time to look at that number but on the overlay I saw, his first 10 looked better than Barkley. He is really smooth and extremely agile. I could see a team picking him in late round 1 but regardless, location could move him into the 1.1 conversation in fantasy.

I still Have Jacobs at 1.1 but he closed the gap IMO.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:34 am

I'm looking at the 10-yard splits on the WalterFootball spreadsheet and they are all super low, this is not consistent with all the other years I've been tracking 40 times and 10 yard splits. They must have changed the way they record them or something. Basically, don't believe for a second that Miles Sanders 10 yard split was actually faster than Saquons. Alexander Mattison, a guy who ran in the high 4.6's, supposedly had a 10 yard split faster than Both Saquon and Sanders. There's just no way. As for the overlay, I guess if it looked that way then it looked that way. I feel like those have been deceiving in the past as well though.

DynastyDabbler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDabbler » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:42 am

Loved what I saw from Miles yesterday. Put up a solid performance. Going to make my 1.03 pick difficult. The 1.01 holder is a lifetime bama fan so I'm guessing he takes Jacobs. The 1.02 really needs a receiver. And I'm looking to take best player available. Unfortunately I won't pick again until 5.03... Rookie fever is setting in!
10 team half-ppr 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLX 3IDP
QB: J. Burrow, J. Goff
RB: J. Mixon, K. Walker, T. Etienne, A. Ekeler, Z. Charbonet, K. Miller, T. Bigsby, J. Warren,
WR: J. Chase, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, D. Smith, J. Smith-Njigba, P. Nacua, J. Meyers, T. Palmer,
TE: T. Kelce, T. McBride, C. Okonkwo

ToddFarthouse
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ToddFarthouse » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:03 am

DynastyDabbler wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:42 am Loved what I saw from Miles yesterday. Put up a solid performance. Going to make my 1.03 pick difficult. The 1.01 holder is a lifetime bama fan so I'm guessing he takes Jacobs. The 1.02 really needs a receiver. And I'm looking to take best player available. Unfortunately I won't pick again until 5.03... Rookie fever is setting in!
Trade back to 1.5-1.6(take sanders), gather some more picks in the 2nd and 3rd, let the fever consume you.

Right now it seems like the Sanders hype is relatively confined to this forum. So if your league isn’t all based here you could be able to sneak him in while the big WRs are being taken.
Team 1
12 team Dynasty

Qb- Rodgers, Ryan, Rivers
Rb- Kamara, Chubb, Conner, Ingram, AP, Duke, Gio
Wr- Evans, Hopkins, Golladay, TY, AB, A. Wilson
Te- Olsen, Rudolph, Hollister

Team 2
12 team Dynasty

Qb- L. Jackson, Brady, Carr
Rb- Barkley, Kamara, Chubb, Guice, Breida
Wr- Adams, Evans, JuJu, Jeffery, Metcalf, Campbell
Te- Andrews, Goedert, Fant, Smith jr.

lilpuppy99
Role Player
Role Player

Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby lilpuppy99 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:10 pm

So far I've been seeing a lot of top 5 talk in rookie drafts for Sanders and I don't understand it. He's going to a crowded backfield in Philly where they have the tendency to use all their RBs since Doug Pederson took over in 2016. Since then, Philly has had 3 different RBs finish as the team leader in Fantasy Points based on a PPR scoring.

2016- Sproles finished RB #24 with 162 points.

2017- Blount finished RB #45 with 108 points.

2018- Smallwood finished RB #42 with 117 points.

Also consistency speaking, Philly tends to game script their RBs based on the matchups. The top RB producer one week may disappear for 2 or 3 weeks before reappearing. Almost like a WR who's entire fantasy production is tied to whether he catches a bomb or not.

Here are the number of times each RB for Philly was the leading fantasy point scoring.

2016(Doug Pederson's 1st season with Eagles)

Darren Sproles- 8 games
Ryan Matthews- 7 games
Wendall Smallwood- 1 game

Legarrette Blount- 7 games
Jay Ajayi- 5 games
Corey Clement- 2 games
Darren Sproles- 1 game
Wendall Smallwood- 1 game

Wendall Smallwood- 7 games
Corey Clement- 3 games
Jay Ajayi- 2 games
Darren Sproles- 2 games
Josh Adams- 2 games

As you can see, the top performer at RB for each season was only at best the top weekly performer 50% of the time. Its just how Philly operates, They are always rotating in RBs and Defensive Linemen to keep them fresh. Miles Sanders will be in a time share like no other. Even if Jordan Howard gets injured this year, Miles Sanders will still have to share with the other RBs on the roster. Philly invests less than 3% of their salary cap on RB, they just don't value the position enough as part of their offense to invest more. Neither should YOU!!!
TEAM 1. 12 team PPR/1.5 TE PPR- 20 man roster, 3 IR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, Def, K

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Zeke Elliott, David Johnson, Alvin Kamara, Nick Chubb, Damien Harris, A Mattison, Darwin Thompson
WR: AJ Brown, C Godwin, T Lockett, J Washington, DJ Chark, Antonio Brown, B Perriman
TE: Zach Ertz, D Goedert, Will Dissly
K: Steven Gostkowski
D/ST: Rams Defense

2020 picks 1.10, 2.10, 4.10, 5.10, 6.10, 7. 10

TEAM 2

12 team PPR/1.5 TE PPR- 20 man roster, 3 IR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, Def, K

QB: Baker Mayfield, Mitchell Trubisky
RB: Kareem Hunt, Derrick Henry, Kerryon Johnson, Adrian Peterson, C Hyde
WR: Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, D Parker, AJ Brown, DJ Chark, J Ross, D Funchess
TE: Zach Ertz, Irv Smith Jr, Will Dissly
K: Stephen Gostkowski
D/ST: Broncos Defense

2020 picks 1.02, 2.01, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 5.02, 6.02, 7.02

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby TB3falcons » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:28 pm

Maybe they rotate their RBs because they haven't had a back capable of being on the field for 3 downs? Sanders has that ability and is the biggest investment at the position the Eagles have made in the Pederson era. Plus he is the only RB on the roster that has a contract for the 2020 season...
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

FantasyDumDum
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FantasyDumDum » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:29 pm

Talent over situation. Plus Sanders is the first Back with 3 down skillset to have a bleep at that backfield

Edit: shot not bleep haha
10 team, .5ppr, 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: CMC, D Williams, Drake, Guice, Penny, RoJo, Breida, I Smith, Edmonds
WR: AB, ARob, Ridley, Jeffery, Shepard, Pettis, Miller, Washington, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Andrews

Taxi Squad:

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:32 pm

Playing devils advocate, Could it also be that they didn't have a back capable of being a feature back during that time?

Jay Ajayi flashed but couldn't stay on the field. As good as Sproles has been, he's a gadget player. Clement, Adams, Smallwood, Blount, Adams?

I'd offer the opposing view - Sanders is coming into a a situation that he could win time immediately and has a potential to be tied to very good offense. I'm in a SF league, so he likely won't go top 5... but there's not more than a handful from this draft I would pick above him.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:35 pm

Peterson has never had a well-rounded 3 down back ... he mentioned on multiple times last year about his desire to feature Josh Adams, but Adam proved to be insufficient. Time will tell if Sanders can fulfill a 3 down role, but there’s plenty of evidence that Peterson wants a feature back.