QBs That Are Underrated And Overrated For Their Accuracy

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Minnkota
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: QBs That Are Underrated And Overrated For Their Accuracy

Postby Minnkota » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:49 pm

Joe Kane’s leadership skills were undeniable.
12 Team, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX (ppr) 30 man
QB-Rivers, Smith
RB-Gurley, Kerryon, DFreeman, CJ Anderson, Burkhead, Ware, Jonathan Williams, Carson, Kelly
WR-Evans, Cooks, Keenan, Diggs, Fuller, Miller, Meredith, J Gordon, JBrown, Hollins, Watson, Chadwill
TE-Gronk, Engram, Hurst, Seals-Jones

12 Team--1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX (ppr) 30 man
QB-Big Ben, Dalton
RB-Freeman, Ingram, Hyde, Gallman, Richard
WR-Evans, Arob, Golladay, CDavis, Marv. Jones, Gordon, Meredith, Gabriel, Richardson, Reynolds, Watson
TE-Kelce, Burton, Butt,

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:20 pm

Overrated Accuracy: Big Ben
Underrated Accuracy: Russ Wilson
Just Turrible: Dak

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:51 am

Friction wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:01 am Bradford was fairly overrated that one year and Josh Allen/ Lamar Jax got a little too much flack as rookies for accuracy issues. Any check down king whom has a high completion percentage.
That's fair. I think Mariota is kind of in the same boat, and same with Cousins.

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:52 am

Vcize wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:13 am Honestly Brady's accuracy is overrated. It is really just average. What makes him so great is his insane ability to read the field.

Thats why the only way people can ever stop him is if they can get pressure with their front 4. Mixing up exotic zones doesn't work because he always finds the hole in it. Blitzing rarely works because he always finds the hot read. Only if you can get fast pressure on him without compromising coverage downfield can you slow him down, and that is a tough ask especially given that the Pats o-line is typically pretty good.

That's probably one of the reasons he's been able to stay elite into his 40's. His arm and accuracy may be getting a little worse every year but his greatest asset is not a declining one.
Depends on who you are talking to I guess. Pats fans overrate it I guess, but I wouldn't say I overrate it myself.

Obviously, his haters underrate it, like they do everything with him.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:17 am

I think people make some big mistakes when trying to evaluate an accurate QB.

Most commonly - people will refer to completion percentage. This may give you a general idea but it does not even come close to painting the entire picture.

What type of offense is being run? Does the quarterback take shots down field? Are they a check down machine? What type of weapons do they have? What is the quality of defense they have played against?

It is great to point out completion percentage, but like any other stat - there is much more to it.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:42 am

Phaded wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:17 am I think people make some big mistakes when trying to evaluate an accurate QB.

Most commonly - people will refer to completion percentage. This may give you a general idea but it does not even come close to painting the entire picture.

What type of offense is being run? Does the quarterback take shots down field? Are they a check down machine? What type of weapons do they have? What is the quality of defense they have played against?

It is great to point out completion percentage, but like any other stat - there is much more to it.
This x2 so much
Horrible example of this as his reason for being so accurate has changed but IMO Drew Brees is the most accurate QB in the league, now adays he has a massive completion percentage by throwing short routes a lot but I just remember him throwing sideline breadbasket dimes over and over again still

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:10 am

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh