Sloppiness

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Sloppiness

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:35 pm

It's bad enough that Turcorex is off his meds again... But it seems we are having a rash of misplaced trade advice threads here.

Since mods don't regulate, can forum members make some effort to direct trade advice to where it belongs and FOR bleep SAKE please STOP RESPONDING on the substance.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Sloppiness

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:52 pm

Sloppy, for Chrissake!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:17 pm

Not sure if I should respond to this thread, as it isn't to do with Dynasty.....damn, I just did. For real, though, I agree. Especially about Turkeydix.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:48 pm

1. I think a lot of these trade advice and off-topic threads can be forgiven seeing as we're in a slow part of the year where there isn't much happening with the NFL outside of the playoffs. Also, I think honest mistakes are fine, especially if the threads are created by newer forum members. I know that I myself joined the DLF forums a few years back in Dec/Jan after the fantasy season was over to get more into dynasty to fill the hole in my heart, and there are a lot of threads that can be deemed "general discussion".

2. Seriously though @ mods: I know that this is a free forum and that there are plenty of little scuffles on here, but can anyone explain why turcorox hasn't been banned? The sheer volume of inane threads is distracting even if you have him blocked, and while trolling is hard to definitively prove, much like collusion, it's difficult to make a case that these 873 threads are legitimate and not trolling...
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:37 pm

That and there is about 7 threads about Damien Williams
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:33 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:37 pm That and there is about 7 threads about Damien Williams
Who?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:36 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:48 pm 1. I think a lot of these trade advice and off-topic threads can be forgiven seeing as we're in a slow part of the year where there isn't much happening with the NFL outside of the playoffs. Also, I think honest mistakes are fine, especially if the threads are created by newer forum members. I know that I myself joined the DLF forums a few years back in Dec/Jan after the fantasy season was over to get more into dynasty to fill the hole in my heart, and there are a lot of threads that can be deemed "general discussion".

2. Seriously though @ mods: I know that this is a free forum and that there are plenty of little scuffles on here, but can anyone explain why turcorox hasn't been banned? The sheer volume of inane threads is distracting even if you have him blocked, and while trolling is hard to definitively prove, much like collusion, it's difficult to make a case that these 873 threads are legitimate and not trolling...
No idea. He's wised up to fill the discussion with plausible threads now, since he was called out, but still drops in his nonsense. I just think it's time for people to stop replying to him at all, including the filler threads he uses to try and create credibility.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:47 pm

It's not just Turkishchick, but the fact that there are a good 5-10 team/trade/start-up advice threads in this sub-forum. It gives the impression that this is the place for them, when in fact it is not. The only way to prevent these kinds of threads from taking over is TO MOVE THEM. The mods need to get off there butts and monitor/regulate a little bit. I'm not calling for people to be put on vacation. Just move their threads and give them a gentle reminder that there's an entire sub-forum dedicated to TEAM ADVICE.

As for Tunaryxx, who cares. Most of us are now ignoring him, even his half-assed attempts at non-collusion threads... The less attention he gets, the better it is.

:thumbup:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:38 pm

Just as an FYI, for anyone unaware, or new to the forums, there is a forum where complaints / suggestions can be made.

viewforum.php?f=1

And a direct link to send a comment / suggestion / complaint

memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin

Finally on the previous thread that discussed the other issue being mentioned

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=175791&start=60#p1596725

at least one moderator invited people to contact him directly if they wished to discuss the matter further.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:09 pm

I respect your views, ArryIT, as you are one of the more reasoned, polished posters here.

Curious, what do you think about the rash of misplaced threads and their continued presence in this sub-forum, and my assertion that leaving those kinds of threads lying around will only generate more such threads.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:28 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:09 pm I respect your views, ArryIT, as you are one of the more reasoned, polished posters here.

Curious, what do you think about the rash of misplaced threads and their continued presence in this sub-forum, and my assertion that leaving those kinds of threads lying around will only generate more such threads.
I feel that this specific forum is sort of mis-labelled. It really acts as a general warehouse / potpourri of threads & discussions regardless of the actual title of the sub-forum. Honestly I would say that the majority of threads that are posted here could be diverted to other forums, but this sub-forum seems to be the most highly trafficked forum (except for maybe Trade Advice), and diverting each thread would not that effective or enjoyable for either the moderators, the newer members, or the regulars.

In other words, I feel this sub-forum sort of acts as a welcoming lobby & gives an example of all the different types of dynasty & football related subjects you can get involved in. It allows newer members to get acquainted & hopefully figure out which other forums best serve their interests.

Having said that, I do agree that at times it does seem like plenty of team specific advice threads crop up here, that could get just as much responses from the Team Advice section. Basically if any one type of thread overwhelms this sub-forum it bothers at least a section of the forum users, but it is tough to monitor. I mean I think we could have had 10 separate threads on the KC RBs at one point (including Hunt).

I think that this (the complaint of misposted threads) is a common complaint, that happens on many of the forums I have frequented over the years, and it is a blurry line. If you act too heavy you're going to upset new traffic, but if you act too light you're going to upset the current regulars, who expect a certain rhythm. In other words no one is going to always be happy, but hopefully most of us will at least be tolerant most of the time.

All in all I think the moderators do about as good a job as can be expected - I happen to visit many of the sub-forums - including the Off-Topic forum, that gets hit by a lot of spam & adverts, and they are usually cleared up within a day or so. I do see some of the threads that get posted here, get transferred to other forums, so I think the moderators are trying hard to keep this sub-forum like I have suggested - as a welcoming open general sub-forum within reasonable limits. Like any public space though - there are going to be times when the volume or noise of certain people is going to disturb the more frequent users of that space.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:59 pm

I made a suggestion years ago on the suggestion forum that this forum was a bit too cluttered (and that most threads on the same player should be merged together) and actually most people disagreed with me and said they liked having 5-10 different threads on the same player. So unfortunately this is actually what most people want.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:06 pm

Maybe we could just give Turduckencox his own sub forum, where only people who want to waste their time go, instead of banishing him completely. Then everybody wins, he gets to spew his inane garbage, and those who want to reply can reply, but no one else is affected.

On a more serious note, I think people often post on the dynasty discussion for "by accident", because they realize it's the main page, and will get more replies.

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:12 am

And stop him bumping the inane threads that we've been able to ignore. Just saw he bumped the tanking thread today, after having previously bumped it in Oct but got no response.

I don't tend to post that often, and rarely create threads (but try to do in the right sub-forum where possible) and mostly only browse this sub-forum as I find it the most interesting. It is a hodge-podge of everything, which is good - but I agree that it does need better management. Anything relating to one specific fantasy team has no place here - there's a dedicated sub-forum you can go to. Here, the conversation should be pretty varied but applicable to anyone. I'm not going to search back through pages of old threads (mainly as I check on here multiple times a day), which is my main gripe with Turcocox - all their threads hide the stuff that I actually might care about, and has sucked the entire forum into discussing him/her rather than (fantasy) football. I love reading the contrasting opinions that we all have, and want this forum to continue to thrive - and maybe that does mean a bit more management from everyone. I got (metaphorically) shouted at the day I joined by Coogan for posting in the wrong forum and not replying to others q's - I know all the trouble he caused too, but maybe someone needs to take on that role? Being new, I respected that there was certain etiquette to be followed...
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:14 pm

I agree with Cult.

Main board is too cluttered. Too many threads of the same fantasy player ie D Williams. They can all be in one thread.

And the posts that are made in this forum that are direct team Advice questions should be moved immediately to that forum.

Lets keep it nice and tidy. :)
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff