Tom Brady: End of an Era?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: We Have to Watch Tom Brady Again...UGH!

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:15 am

Servo wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:12 am I just responded to the "underthrown" idea in another thread but I'm sorry, I just don't think I can agree with that.

It was placed in an area where only Cooks could get it lol
Then how did the DB get his hand in there to break it up?
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:29 am

Servo wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:12 am I just responded to the "underthrown" idea in another thread but I'm sorry, I just don't think I can agree with that.

It was placed in an area where only Cooks could get it lol
Again I'm taking about the interception haha

The throw into double coverage was good. But well defended, if not borderline interference. I can't blame Cooks for not catching it...

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:24 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:15 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:51 am I know it's in vogue to say size doesn't matter and all of that, which for the most part is true, but watching the superbowl it was kind of shocking how badly the Rams could have used a big playmaking WR in that game. Someone Goff could just throw it up to and just let him make a play. It almost boiled down to one team had one (Gronk) and the other team didn't.

Also, as a Patriots hater it really wasn't a big deal that they won again last night. The Rams just played awful... 5 too many plodding CJA runs up the middle and Goff got exposed for being a complete non-playmaker. They blitzed him up the middle and he was like a deer in headlights. In terms of fantasy, who cares, he's like the next Matt Ryan or something. But in terms of a guy having the "it" factor... blech...
I told my son almost this exact thing during the game - goff needs a plax burress type guy after cooks dropped the 2nd TD ( although it was a PI uncalled ) That is why I do not like small wr as few beyond antonio brown can make contested catches consistently . I did not and will never understand why the boy genius didn't start curling higbee or everett right in behind the blitzing backers and let them run through the secondary ? I thought mcvay was deer in the headlights scared and was bailed out in NO and even worse vs Pats . People are killing goff but the real loser in this deal was mcvay and the rams alleged great Oline as they got their asses kicked for 3 hours sunday night.

I personally loved the game even though I have had a jealously hard off about the pats for the entire time seeing as how my steelers could have 2 or 3 or 4 more lombardis since the rise of the football borg . I just presupposed a pats W and then delighted in all the comments about what a terrible game . You know what was a terrible edition of football that 54-51 rams chiefs wet paper sack defense contest . In a fantasy football madden generation defense is a dirty word metric driven running game is for morons world . Belichick devised a genius game plan and ran the ball down his playoff opponents throats . It is so simple vs chiefs stop hill /kelce vs rams stop gurley /goff .

Football has 2 units (3 really their special teams were special as well) and if you only appreciate the 44-42 type games then in my opinion you are not really a fan of the sport you are a fan of fantasy football with a retarded understanding of the game . He played keep away and rex ryan should get a super bowl ring as belichick borrowed a rex ryan stop Tom Brady game plan from 10 years ago and shut down 3 high powered offenses by suffocating them with massive time of possession advantages .
now get the eff off my lawn !
the end .
Overall this is a very good take and it was nice to see a defensive battle for once. 54-51 in an NFL game is sickening. I agree whole heartedly there. However this game was also sloppy in many aspects and that's what threw me off a bit. Seemed to be a ton of dropped passes (by ever player on both teams not named Edelman), over throws, under throws (by both QBs). I think more would have been excited if it were a 13-3 game that wasn't so sloppy.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:44 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:24 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:51 am I know it's in vogue to say size doesn't matter and all of that, which for the most part is true, but watching the superbowl it was kind of shocking how badly the Rams could have used a big playmaking WR in that game. Someone Goff could just throw it up to and just let him make a play. It almost boiled down to one team had one (Gronk) and the other team didn't.

Also, as a Patriots hater it really wasn't a big deal that they won again last night. The Rams just played awful... 5 too many plodding CJA runs up the middle and Goff got exposed for being a complete non-playmaker. They blitzed him up the middle and he was like a deer in headlights. In terms of fantasy, who cares, he's like the next Matt Ryan or something. But in terms of a guy having the "it" factor... blech...
I told my son almost this exact thing during the game - goff needs a plax burress type guy after cooks dropped the 2nd TD ( although it was a PI uncalled ) That is why I do not like small wr as few beyond antonio brown can make contested catches consistently . I did not and will never understand why the boy genius didn't start curling higbee or everett right in behind the blitzing backers and let them run through the secondary ? I thought mcvay was deer in the headlights scared and was bailed out in NO and even worse vs Pats . People are killing goff but the real loser in this deal was mcvay and the rams alleged great Oline as they got their asses kicked for 3 hours sunday night.

I personally loved the game even though I have had a jealously hard off about the pats for the entire time seeing as how my steelers could have 2 or 3 or 4 more lombardis since the rise of the football borg . I just presupposed a pats W and then delighted in all the comments about what a terrible game . You know what was a terrible edition of football that 54-51 rams chiefs wet paper sack defense contest . In a fantasy football madden generation defense is a dirty word metric driven running game is for morons world . Belichick devised a genius game plan and ran the ball down his playoff opponents throats . It is so simple vs chiefs stop hill /kelce vs rams stop gurley /goff .

Football has 2 units (3 really their special teams were special as well) and if you only appreciate the 44-42 type games then in my opinion you are not really a fan of the sport you are a fan of fantasy football with a retarded understanding of the game . He played keep away and rex ryan should get a super bowl ring as belichick borrowed a rex ryan stop Tom Brady game plan from 10 years ago and shut down 3 high powered offenses by suffocating them with massive time of possession advantages .
the end .
Overall this is a very good take and it was nice to see a defensive battle for once. 54-51 in an NFL game is sickening. I agree whole heartedly there. However this game was also sloppy in many aspects and that's what threw me off a bit. Seemed to be a ton of dropped passes (by ever player on both teams not named Edelman), over throws, under throws (by both QBs). I think more would have been excited if it were a 13-3 game that wasn't so sloppy.
I wholeheartedly agree. :thumbup:

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:18 pm

I would argue that those 54-51 games are a result of sloppy defense though.

To chalk it up as sloppy I think is not giving either of these Ds enough credit for what they accomplished, especially the Pats.

You have to consider what led to a lot of the "sloppiness" which was quality defense in the majority of the situations.

Good article imo: https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/06/super ... goff-mcvay

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:07 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:18 pm I would argue that those 54-51 games are a result of sloppy defense though.

To chalk it up as sloppy I think is not giving either of these Ds enough credit for what they accomplished, especially the Pats.

You have to consider what led to a lot of the "sloppiness" which was quality defense in the majority of the situations.

Good article imo: https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/06/super ... goff-mcvay
Great read.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:37 pm

the end .
I don't always agree with CC, but when I do...I can admit it. Well said.

:clap:
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:06 pm

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/11/super ... riots-rams

It may sound crazy, but the Patriots might not have lifted their sixth Lombardi Trophy in 18 years without Brian Hoyer.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:24 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:06 pm https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/11/super ... riots-rams

It may sound crazy, but the Patriots might not have lifted their sixth Lombardi Trophy in 18 years without Brian Hoyer.
Just goes to show the intangibles some players bring to an organization that can never be valued in a fantasy football setting. Thanks for sharing the article. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

End of an Era - Tom Brady

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:50 am

I know he's not really fantasy relevant anymore. But figured this deserved its own thread.

TB12 just announced on his Instagram he WILL NOT be returning to New England.

@RapSheet: "Officially, Tom Brady says he’s no longer a member of the #Patriots."
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: End of an Era - Tom Brady

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:02 am

I hope he signs with San Diego. That's a good team and is close to LA for Brady's Hollywood itch to be scratched.

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:09 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:02 am I hope he signs with San Diego. That's a good team and is close to LA for Brady's Hollywood itch to be scratched.
I'm praying man. Supposedly down to LA or TB. I just don't see how Tampa is a better option than LA in terms of location AND roster talent.
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

fruity pebbles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fruity pebbles » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:10 am

He should avoid the AFC West

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:16 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:02 am I hope he signs with San Diego. That's a good team and is close to LA for Brady's Hollywood itch to be scratched.
The Chargers are IN Los Angeles now, they moved remember?

And yes the Chargers make the most sense, both on and off the field. Weapons are just as good as TB and the D is better, and AFC is weaker Conference (would be same division as Mahomes though). OL needs work, but could draft one at 1.06 and maybe deal their 2 to Washington for Trent, which would shore up the OL problems.

LA would obviously be the best place for his off-field interests and Gisele's career, and they already live there. I think it's the right spot for him.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:52 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:16 am
The Chargers are IN Los Angeles now, they moved remember?
Yes, I did forget that they moved to LA again. Blast.