Kareem Hunt's True Value & Talent

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Kareem Hunt's True Value & Talent

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:51 pm

James McGhee wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:19 pm
Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:54 pm Im also not sure if I agree with the whole "andy reid makes people great" narrative. Hunts importance to that team was shown when he left. They did not look the same. Had hunt been in the AFC Championship game im sure they would would have won, and im a Pats fan.
Strongly disagree here. He wouldn't have made the difference. Reid has shown himself to be lacking as a big game coach many times over and it was evident again. Hunt wouldn't have mattered.

As far as dealing him...he has enough talent to hold and see where he lands. If it's into a good situation he might be a hold. Don't get me wrong in all my bashing. He's above average to the point where a good situation puts him into high level production. If I have him I'm holding him...for now. What's the rush? Too much can happen between now and September.
Idk he has played the patriots twice. Nuked then the first time and whooped them the second time. I think he would have done the same a third time

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:35 pm

Here’s a question... Did Kareem Hunt just beat the system?

His rookie contract was set to get him about $750K per year and expire in 2021. He played eleven games in 2018, so accrued his second season. He’ll likely sign a prove it deal for 2019 and I doubt his suspension will prevent him from playing another six games and accruing his third season. That would set him up to be an RFA for 2020 where he would make a minimum of $1.5M if he’s tendered and roughly three million if he’s tendered at a first round level, which seems probable if he does well. He’ll then be a UFA going into 2021 exactly as he would’ve off his rookie deal, as a 26 year old coming off a full season of production and two and half years removed from the issues that got him in trouble. If he plays well and stays out of trouble, he’ll stand to make an additional million plus compared to his rookie deal while racking up about a season less of wear and tear.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:12 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:35 pm Here’s a question... Did Kareem Hunt just beat the system?

His rookie contract was set to get him about $750K per year and expire in 2021. He played eleven games in 2018, so accrued his second season. He’ll likely sign a prove it deal for 2019 and I doubt his suspension will prevent him from playing another six games and accruing his third season. That would set him up to be an RFA for 2020 where he would make a minimum of $1.5M if he’s tendered and roughly three million if he’s tendered at a first round level, which seems probable if he does well. He’ll then be a UFA going into 2021 exactly as he would’ve off his rookie deal, as a 26 year old coming off a full season of production and two and half years removed from the issues that got him in trouble. If he plays well and stays out of trouble, he’ll stand to make an additional million plus compared to his rookie deal while racking up about a season less of wear and tear.
That's not all he beat.... :roll: Seriously, though. I'm not sure if this all shakes out this way. I still have a strong suspicion he could be gone for most if not all of next season, if they find any credible evidence in any of these other 2 cases, I suspect he will get a full years suspension.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:36 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:35 pm Here’s a question... Did Kareem Hunt just beat the system?

That's not all he beat.... :roll:
:lol: I've been kicking around the idea of trading for Hunt. Maybe a future 2020 1st, but I'd be prepared for him to sit out this season, or virtually all of it.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:04 am

Dr.Graffin wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:36 pm

:lol: I've been kicking around the idea of trading for Hunt. Maybe a future 2020 1st, but I'd be prepared for him to sit out this season, or virtually all of it.
Love you laughed at the joke and nonchalantly (inadvertently?) made a pun of it yourself :lol:

MichaelScarn
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MichaelScarn » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:54 pm

I was just offered a '20 1st for my Hunt share straight up. Fair deal?
This team had 1.02 this season but I think a top (1.02-1.06) pick next year is highly possible with his lack of depth.
10 Team SuperFlex PPR
QB: Herbert/Cousins/Fitz/Z Wilson
RB: Barkley/Dobbins/Gibson/Dillon/Etienne/Edmonds/Michel/Lindsay/Kelley/T Jones/Evans/Hyde
WR: Robinson/Moore/Sutton/Boyd/Gallup/Slayton/Harry//R Moore/Eskridge/A St. Brown/Collins
TE: Goedert/Thomas/Njoku/Pitts

10 Team Standard
QB: Herbert/Hurts
RB: A Jones/Sanders/Akers/Hunt/Fournette/McKissic/Snell
WR: Hill/Hopkins/Evans/JuJu/Thielen/Parker/Shenault/Hamler/Edwards/D Smith/E Moore
TE: Fant/Goedert/Ertz/Howard

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:05 pm

Elroypedro wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:08 am
Vcize wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:40 am As usual the truth is likely somewhere in the middle.

The KC situation undoubtedly makes him look better, but he's no slouch either. A JAG playing on the KC offense gets a free 15 yard gain here. A very good RB turns a 15 yard gain into a 30 yard TD.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/10566232 ... zing-td%2F
https://www.chiefs.com/video/chiefs-vs- ... highlights

Just some highlights from one game here, the divisional round against the Colts. But if you are implying Damien Williams is a JAG you are clearly outside of your mind. He has several instances of elite cuts and acceleration in that set of runs alone against what had become a good run D in Indy. In fact, some of those runs exhibited very elite skills. He is limited compared to the best tier of backs who possess a wide range of elite skills, and he is just merely above average but good enough with power and downfield speed, and struggles a bit with elusiveness late in runs. But altogether he is far above JAG level, as evidenced above.

So, on topic, the KC situation is obviously good and helping these guys, but neither Hunt or Williams is a JAG, and likely neither is a complete elite tier back either, as some may have been saying about Hunt before he was cut
Damien Williams is the definition of jag...did you ever see him produce in Miami?

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:18 pm

darewood11 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:05 pm
Vcize wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:40 am As usual the truth is likely somewhere in the middle.

The KC situation undoubtedly makes him look better, but he's no slouch either. A JAG playing on the KC offense gets a free 15 yard gain here. A very good RB turns a 15 yard gain into a 30 yard TD.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/10566232 ... zing-td%2F

Just some highlights from one game here, the divisional round against the Colts. But if you are implying Damien Williams is a JAG you are clearly outside of your mind. He has several instances of elite cuts and acceleration in that set of runs alone against what had become a good run D in Indy. In fact, some of those runs exhibited very elite skills. He is limited compared to the best tier of backs who possess a wide range of elite skills, and he is just merely above average but good enough with power and downfield speed, and struggles a bit with elusiveness late in runs. But altogether he is far above JAG level, as evidenced above.

So, on topic, the KC situation is obviously good and helping these guys, but neither Hunt or Williams is a JAG, and likely neither is a complete elite tier back either, as some may have been saying about Hunt before he was cut
Damien Williams is the definition of jag...did you ever see him produce in Miami?
The highlights of the Colts game did nothing to convince me he is more than a jag in a great situation. I know they were posted to prove a point but just showed me what I already knew.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:01 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:18 pm

The highlights of the Colts game did nothing to convince me he is more than a jag in a great situation. I know they were posted to prove a point but just showed me what I already knew.
Hes never averaged over 3.9 ypc and was behind ware until injury. He was only making the best of the situation. Similar to cj Anderson in la. Is gurley also a jag??? I expect hunt to produce low end rb1 numbers when hes signed and plays again.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:04 pm

Dr.Graffin wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:36 pm

I wouldn't really say he "beat" anyone in that situation. He kicked a woman in the legs which I do not think is right at all. Joe Mixon now he beat a woman. Tyreek hill also beat a woman. They are still in the league. I believe hunt will have a team by draft day and i dont expect him to miss more than the first 8 weeks of 2019. Just my opinion
Last edited by darewood11 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:13 pm

toss wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:54 pm I was just offered a '20 1st for my Hunt share straight up. Fair deal?
This team had 1.02 this season but I think a top (1.02-1.06) pick next year is highly possible with his lack of depth.
Id take that and run. Hunt might be out of the league again by then if hes back to his old nonsense or possibly new evidence or accusations emerge.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:44 pm

darewood11 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:01 pm
AussieMate wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:18 pm

Hes never averaged over 3.9 ypc and was behind ware until injury. He was only making the best of the situation. Similar to cj Anderson in la. Is gurley also a jag??? I expect hunt to produce low end rb1 numbers when hes signed and plays again.
Agreed on all points

MichaelScarn
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MichaelScarn » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:32 pm

DJB wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:13 pm
toss wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:54 pm I was just offered a '20 1st for my Hunt share straight up. Fair deal?
Id take that and run. Hunt might be out of the league again by then if hes back to his old nonsense or possibly new evidence or accusations emerge.
My biggest fear is he lands in a committee or he just can't stay out of trouble. :wall:
10 Team SuperFlex PPR
QB: Herbert/Cousins/Fitz/Z Wilson
RB: Barkley/Dobbins/Gibson/Dillon/Etienne/Edmonds/Michel/Lindsay/Kelley/T Jones/Evans/Hyde
WR: Robinson/Moore/Sutton/Boyd/Gallup/Slayton/Harry//R Moore/Eskridge/A St. Brown/Collins
TE: Goedert/Thomas/Njoku/Pitts

10 Team Standard
QB: Herbert/Hurts
RB: A Jones/Sanders/Akers/Hunt/Fournette/McKissic/Snell
WR: Hill/Hopkins/Evans/JuJu/Thielen/Parker/Shenault/Hamler/Edwards/D Smith/E Moore
TE: Fant/Goedert/Ertz/Howard

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:22 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:41 am viewtopic.php?f=5&t=175198
That's kinda different tbh.

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:02 pm

Hunt to the Browns.

Bad for Hunt. Bad for Chubb.
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*