Kareem Hunt's True Value & Talent

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Kareem Hunt's True Value & Talent

Postby turcorox911 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:18 am

Is Kareem Hunt That Good Or Did He Play In A Good System?

Other Andy Reid RBs who had decent-phenomenal games and/or years
1. Duce Staley
2. Westbrook
3. Shady
4. Jamaal Charles
5. Charcandrick West
6. Spencer Ware
7. Damien Williams
8. Bryce Brown

And I'm sure I'm missing some other fill-in type guys with the Eagles. I like Hunt's game on the field, but I also feel like he benefited a lot from Reid and his system.

What do you all think?

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: Kareem Hunt's True Value & Talent

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:41 am

16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:59 am

Every RB is dependent on a good offensive line, play calling and other potential threats on the field to play well. That said, Hunt has shown skill that separates him from the typical replacement back.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:03 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:59 am Every RB is dependent on a good offensive line, play calling and other potential threats on the field to play well. That said, Hunt has shown skill that separates him from the typical replacement back.
Not Barkley.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:41 am

thebeast wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:03 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:59 am Every RB is dependent on a good offensive line, play calling and other potential threats on the field to play well. That said, Hunt has shown skill that separates him from the typical replacement back.
Not Barkley.
*dependent on 20 dump offs a game
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:50 am

thebeast wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:03 am
Not Barkley.
On his big runs he is.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:12 am

Well the real truth is that - Yes, K.Hunt has a nice rb skill set and size. He has good long speed, very good vision, good hands, and some natural running skills that allow him to be elusive, strong, quick, and electric with the ball in his hands. He is, imo, more talented than average. Put this combination on the same offense as a quick rising P.Mahomes, a WR in Hill that requires Defenses know where he is, Watkins - who is a nice wr2, and one of the top 2 TE's currently in the league - and you have a recipe for a very potent offense. Thing is, this offense will work and does work if you take Hunt out of the equation.

So, I'm inclined to say that YES - K.Hunt is quite talented. But - Rb value, talent, and thus production aren't the same. Simply too many variables that are involved.

People like to say that Barkley is hands down the most "talented". I would never say that he isn't talented, but, I'm inclined to think that there is a tier type thing going on where guys like Barkley, Kamara, Gurley, etc are in that top tier.

More often than not - I think that it is more to do with scheme, offensive line, durability, Qb, Game flow other weapons. That however is the long answer, and, it's too complicated to predict, and explain. It's easier for most to just think and repeat - "how elite" Zeke or Bell is... when in reality, their "elite-ness" actually has much less to do with what we are seeing than most think.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:46 am

I disagree and think Hunt's talent is closer to average. He doesn't have that great of speed or power. I admit he does read the game pretty well and has good hands though. He wasn't highly thought of as a prospect and he really only ascended once Ware got hurt. My main piece of evidence though is to look at what Williams is doing in his stead. I think Kareem is talented, but only in that EVERY NFL player is talented to a degree. I don't think Hunt belongs in the upper tier with Gurley, Barkley and Kamara though.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:01 am

I don't disagree with your take at all James. But, just so we are clear, then by your logic, L.Bell is also then, not an elite talent, but - he is a nice balanced jack of all trades rb with nice receiving chops but still - a product of a system. Maybe you do feel that way, I know I do. J.Conner production vs L.Bell production in that Steelers system.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:04 am

I think while Hunt might not be confused for being an elite athlete the rb position requires alot more than elite athleticism to be productive. He does have some of the best vision,balance,forward lean, tackle breaking and agility at the position, add in adequate speed and great hands and it makes him a top 5 Rb imo. For what its worth the Cheifs average 10 ppg less after Hunt was replaced.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:35 pm

KingsKing wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:04 am I think while Hunt might not be confused for being an elite athlete the rb position requires alot more than elite athleticism to be productive. He does have some of the best vision,balance,forward lean, tackle breaking and agility at the position, add in adequate speed and great hands and it makes him a top 5 Rb imo. For what its worth the Cheifs average 10 ppg less after Hunt was replaced.
Nicely stated KingsKing :thumbup:
I’ll add TOUGH AS NAILS and DOESN’T FUMBLE :thumbup:

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:36 pm

He's really good. He's an instant RB2 pretty much anywhere he signs. Explosive, picks up chunks and can catch very well out of the backfield.

Slevin Kelevra
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Slevin Kelevra » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:22 am

James McGhee wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:46 am he really only ascended once Ware got hurt.
That would be the 3rd preseason game of his rookie year.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:02 pm

Slevin Kelevra wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:22 am
James McGhee wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:46 am he really only ascended once Ware got hurt.
That would be the 3rd preseason game of his rookie year.
Hey some players are late bloomers.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:56 pm

JFever wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:01 am I don't disagree with your take at all James. But, just so we are clear, then by your logic, L.Bell is also then, not an elite talent, but - he is a nice balanced jack of all trades rb with nice receiving chops but still - a product of a system. Maybe you do feel that way, I know I do. J.Conner production vs L.Bell production in that Steelers system.
I think a lot of "elite" RBs are being somewhat "exposed" by their back-ups...that they're more a product of their system than their individual talent. Bell and Conner. Gurley and CJ Anderson! Hunt and Williams. I think Bell's market is going to be dried up compared to what he thinks it will be.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine