Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Championship Games

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:59 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:40 pm
Weknownothing86 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:17 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:59 pm

So he would be a "better" QB if he lost today rather than in the SB? Always a dumb argument when anyone tries to make it.
Arroyit I def respect your fantasy opinion you back up facts and I listen to it when it comes to fantasy. But this is a bad real life argument as pointed out. It’s one of the worst.
Is he actually saying this or just putting up an interesting stat?
True, I may be jumping the gun because I’m pumped and have had some drinks 😂😂😂 With all that said Mahomes is not a great real life QB show. I need to see more. Like a win in this spot at home. A great real life qb wins this game No excuses #annoyingpatsfan

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:02 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:52 pm Now perchance if Brady & the Patriots lose - his SB record will drop to 5-4 (.555%).
So he would be a "better" QB if he lost today rather than in the SB? Always a dumb argument when anyone tries to make it.
Arroyit I def respect your fantasy opinion you back up facts and I listen to it when it comes to fantasy. But this is a bad real life argument as pointed out. It’s one of the worst.
Overly defensive Pats fans? People aren’t always attacking Brady. You can drop the gloves.

I’m pretty sure he was complimenting/commenting on Brady’s greatness. He can lose a super bowl and still have a very respectable super bowl winning percentage. You can’t say that about most all other QBs because most have been to 0-1, maybe 2 Super Bowls. One loss destroys their winning percentage, whatever it is.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:04 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:59 pm

True, I may be jumping the gun because I’m pumped and have had some drinks 😂😂😂 With all that said Mahomes is not a great real life QB show. I need to see more. Like a win in this spot at home. A great real life qb wins this game No excuses #annoyingpatsfan
So...#annoyingpatsfan...what happens if two great QBs meet...and one of them is the goat? That means the other one is automatically not great? One of the two great QBs has to lose. That’s how the game works.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:11 pm

I'm not a Patriots fan or being defensive. I'm just saying it's a dumb argument that many people have tried to use to somehow diminish Brady's accomplishments. Whether that is how ArrylT feels or not was not established or what I was commenting on. The "stat" he posted is what I am commenting on, and I'm saying it is dumb and meaningless.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:19 pm

It’s not dumb or meaningless. It’s incredibly exceptional that he can lose (or win) a Super Bowl and not see a dramatic shift in his win percentage.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:22 pm

I think we can all do basic math. His winning percentage in SBs at this point has no effect on his legacy or standing in league history.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:24 pm

Valhalla wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:04 pm

So...#annoyingpatsfan...what happens if two great QBs meet...and one of them is the goat? That means the other one is automatically not great? One of the two great QBs has to lose. That’s how the game works.
I said I may be jumping the gun in regards to what Aaryit is saying, because I may be. He may have perhaps been just pointing a stat out. However I’m sick and tired of Mahomes. Everyone loves him because of the stats and I’ve said all season he is overrated in regards to real life. I will keep saying real life because I can’t argue with his fantasy stats. Aaron Rodgers is also an overrated real life QB to me, but I can’t argue with his fantasy numbers. Mahomes right now equals Aaron Rodgers. People
gawk at the physical tools but does he really have what it takes to win multiple championships? Or even one on Mahomes case. We will see, but the guy was overrated and he proved it tonight. Great QBs win those game at home and don’t have those putrid first half stats at home like Mahomes did

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:33 pm

Needless to say, Brady is the GOAT. Everyone knows this, no one seriously tries to argue otherwise anymore. Five rings and career stats make any other pick untenable.

If Mahomes stays healthy, he's my bet to be the new GOAT 15 years from now. Chiefs with their yardage and points hemorrhaging defense weren't even supposed to win their division this year, much less get to the conference championship with a 23 y/o QB who I'm guessing will own every QB record that exists by the time he retires, provided good injury luck. Enjoy the throne while you have it, Tom.
ArrylT wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:52 pm Now perchance if Brady & the Patriots lose - his SB record will drop to 5-4 (.555%).
I suspect he's tongue-in-cheek with that point, my dudes.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:59 pm

Is Brandon Cooks the 1st player to have played for 3 of the 4 championship weekend teams? He definitely has to be the youngest....

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:14 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:17 pmArroyit I def respect your fantasy opinion you back up facts and I listen to it when it comes to fantasy. But this is a bad real life argument as pointed out. It’s one of the worst.
You're right, Brees does suck.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:09 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:15 pm I tried to tell everyone Mahomes was not a great real life QB and I got destroyed on here because everyone was sooooo into his fantasy stats. I’ll say it again “Mahomes is not a great real life QB” I was not impressed at all tonight. I’m that annoying Pats Fan right now. Mahomes sucks. Brady forever. AND IF YOU AINT DOWN WITH THAT I GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA.... SUCK IT!!!!!
Yikes.

Mahomes lost, but I think he's a great real life QB. Kid threw for 5,000 yards & 50 TDs. He made a couple mistakes that elite veteran QBs usually don't, but it's only his 2nd season. He's on the trajectory for great as of today.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:25 am

So did anything interesting happen yesterday ? hopefully the best teams won with no help from the zebras or weird plays !

It was interesting to see the saints reactions to getting a hose job from the refs - I thought they played it well in the post game & secretly I rejoiced after the screwing the refs gave the steelers down there on the bayou that gave the saints home field without which they get drilled in LA and more or less eliminated the steelers from the play offs so good on the refs for bringing some frontier justice to the saints .

In game two , my son was apoplectic about the non muffed punt call and anyone here knows I am no pats fan but from all the different angles it looked like the right call each of the different angles disproved what the previous angle led your eyes to believe . He then flipped out about the dee ford call but he was way off side and it was moronic seeing as how he didn't get a sniff of brady all day another 1 foot head start wasn't helping - just dumb football .

He whined that the pats get all the calls - and no argument they have gotten their fair share (and then some) ,I told him however it was much like duke basketball part of the problem is the exposure is what makes it seem that way .

The fact they are always in the important games magnifies them getting calls you know who doesn't get
screwed by(or benefit from) the refs the titans the bucs the dolphins ; why ? when do they play games that matter ?

Biggest irony all the historic terrible andy reid post season time management the epic slow pace in the eagles super bowl loss 15 years ago to this year they scored too quickly and left brady enough time to force them to score again to even get to a coin toss . Then he kicked a FG with 11 seconds left rather than try one more end zone shot trusting his season to a toss of the coin rather than let his kid qb try to make another brilliant play of which he has made 100 or more during the season.

two last things about yesterday
1) it just killed me seeing those 2 Chiefs S so deep allowing those little in cuts to edelman and gronk so there was no help on the long side line route to gronk and no help in the middle on gronk or edelman . Have they not watched tape the last 10 years or what . If I lose because dorsett or patterson catch one over my head then I lose but to let them have their bread and butter with the game on the line looked like scared football to me .

2) Despite hating the Saints even prior to the Steelers getting screwed this year in the bayou shame coogan isn't around to make fun of about yesterdays choke job - for such a smart guy maverick McVey wussed out and kicked that field goal from at the 1 foot line ,I thought he deserved to lose for not giving his team the lead or trying to as if the saints got the ball back and drained the clock he could have and should have lost without ever touching the ball again , alas payton and brees performed up to his expectation by not closing the Rams out . McVey did redeem himself by getting the 57 yarder to send the rams to the super bowl so all is well that ends well right COOGS ? :thumbup:
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:14 am

The refs were absolutely terrible in both of the games last night.

The saints got screwed, but they also really bleep the bed in the second half. The play calling that last series was terrible.

The roughing the passer call on Brady was bogus, but there were numerous missed and bogus calls during that game. Everyone will highlight the roughing the passer on Brady as it was towards the end, but there were missed calls for both teams.

How can the refs be so bad? I feel like officiating was absolutely terrible this year. Makes the games less enjoyable.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:19 am

What argument?? :o :think: I am not arguing for or against anything - just noting what his W/L record would be if they lost. The fact that he still played in 9 Super Bowls is extremely impressive.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:24 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:24 pm
Valhalla wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:04 pm

He may have perhaps been just pointing a stat out.
That is pretty much it. The fact that he has/is playing in nine Super Bowls is very impressive. Even a .555% win percentage (with a loss) is still impressive.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..