My top-10 WRs in the 2019 class (pre-combine)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: My top-10 WRs in the 2019 class (pre-combine)

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:34 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:08 pm Riley Ridley looks good, but he's going to be 23 in July, and this was his first real season of any sort of production, which concerns me.
The last successful WR with anywhere close to Riley Ridley's level of collegiate production was Laveraneus Coles in 1999...
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:22 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:59 pm Interested to see the knock on Harmon being a "body catcher". I see plenty of instances of him using his hands. A lot of time I see him making body catches on contested catches, or when the ball is thrown in a spot where it's really all he can do, and sometimes he does not use good technique, but he definitely can catch with his hands. I've seen him do it enough that I don't think it's a long term concern.
It was just something I noticed on a couple of his reels, that he would pin it to his body seemingly an inordinate amount. But you're absolutely right, since digging further, I've seen a lot of good contested "hands" catches.

I would like to formally walk back my Harmon comments after seeing this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhx37n5FY9K/

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:29 pm

mild wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:22 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:59 pm Interested to see the knock on Harmon being a "body catcher". I see plenty of instances of him using his hands. A lot of time I see him making body catches on contested catches, or when the ball is thrown in a spot where it's really all he can do, and sometimes he does not use good technique, but he definitely can catch with his hands. I've seen him do it enough that I don't think it's a long term concern.
It was just something I noticed on a couple of his reels, that he would pin it to his body seemingly an inordinate amount. But you're absolutely right, since digging further, I've seen a lot of good contested "hands" catches.

I'm glad to see that he's working on this. It should help his NFL career. And, for what it's worth, OBJ had a habit of body catching in college as well.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:50 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:29 pm

I'm glad to see that he's working on this. It should help his NFL career. And, for what it's worth, OBJ had a habit of body catching in college as well.
With mitts like his, that'd be a problem.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:02 pm

Wow, nice. I swear he looks like Julio (face).
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:55 pm

It funny to see all the nit picking on these WR with the combine still a month way.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:54 am

My pre-combine WR rankings based on film study:

1. N'keal Harry
2. DK Metcalf
3. Marquise Brown
4. A.J. Brown
5. Hakeem Butler
6. J.J. Arcega-Whiteside
7. Deebo Samuel
8. Kelvin Harmon
9. Antoine Wesley
10. Emanuel Hall

I try to watch as much film as I can prior to the combine to eliminate any bias, but this year the combine and the draft will play huge part in my evaluation as I see a lot of these guys on a similar level. This list will most likely change a few times before I draft.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

dliverey
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby dliverey » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:52 pm

I recently started my dive into game tapes of the WR's. There are 2 guys that I have been pretty impressed with but rarely see them mentioned. I was hoping to get some opinions on Demarkus Lodge and Jakobi Meyers.

your thoughts??

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:12 pm

dliverey wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:52 pm I recently started my dive into game tapes of the WR's. There are 2 guys that I have been pretty impressed with but rarely see them mentioned. I was hoping to get some opinions on Demarkus Lodge and Jakobi Meyers.

your thoughts??
Thats a pretty good dive - I have to admit I had not even heard their names before you mentioned them. Not that I am a rookie expert by any means - but I am now curious to know more. I appreciated it when that poster (wish I could remember who) mentioned Lindsay well before the Combine, so who knows maybe one of these 2 could be unheralded but surprise us. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:20 pm

I like to compare popular mock draft sites to see how people's opinions vary on fantasy football players. I tend to keep a spreadsheet of all of them just to make a consensus between the 'big shots' like Daniel Jeremiah, Todd McShay, Kirk Herbstreit, walterfootball, etc.

Anyways, I can't wrap my head around the fact that Walterfootball doesn't have Hakeem Butler projected to go in the first FIVE rounds of the NFL draft.

dizzler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dizzler » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:49 pm

My top 10 thus far after watching most of the tape I want to (pre - combine)
1. Nkeal Harry
2. Hakeem Butler
3. Kelvin Harmon
4. Marquise Brown
5. AJ. Brown
6. Dk Metcalf
7. J.J Arcega- Whiteside
8. Deebo Samuel
9. Keesean Johnson
10. Antoine Wesley

I could go with either Butler or Harmon at 2 or 3 as they are very close imo.
Team 1 - Super Kamario Bros (12 Team - PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -1, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB -Wentz, Newton, Ryan, Haskins (R)
RB -Zeke, Kamara, Drake, Ballage; Thompson, Ajayi
WR - D Hopkins, Julio, A. Miller, Coutee, AJ Brown (R) , Marvin Jones, Mclaurin (R),
Te -Delanie, Ebron, Oliver (R)
2020:3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Kerryon Luggage (12 Team - 2TE PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -2, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB - Jimmy G, Josh Allen, Mariota
RB - Kerryon, Jamaal Will, Drake, Ballage, Miles Sanders (R), Justice Hill (R), Myles Gaskins (R)
Wr - Micheal Thomas, Zay Jones, Curtis Samuel, Crowder, Coutee, Aj Brown (R), Marquise Brown (R), Keesean Johnson (R), Kelvin Harmon (R)
Te- Engram, Oj Howard, Josh Oliver (R)
2020: 3,3,3, 5

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:00 pm

Walter Football has gotten painfully unreliable
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

dizzler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dizzler » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:47 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:00 pm Walter Football has gotten painfully unreliable
Agreed 100% on this. Anymore I just laugh at their content and click next.
Team 1 - Super Kamario Bros (12 Team - PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -1, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB -Wentz, Newton, Ryan, Haskins (R)
RB -Zeke, Kamara, Drake, Ballage; Thompson, Ajayi
WR - D Hopkins, Julio, A. Miller, Coutee, AJ Brown (R) , Marvin Jones, Mclaurin (R),
Te -Delanie, Ebron, Oliver (R)
2020:3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Kerryon Luggage (12 Team - 2TE PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -2, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB - Jimmy G, Josh Allen, Mariota
RB - Kerryon, Jamaal Will, Drake, Ballage, Miles Sanders (R), Justice Hill (R), Myles Gaskins (R)
Wr - Micheal Thomas, Zay Jones, Curtis Samuel, Crowder, Coutee, Aj Brown (R), Marquise Brown (R), Keesean Johnson (R), Kelvin Harmon (R)
Te- Engram, Oj Howard, Josh Oliver (R)
2020: 3,3,3, 5

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:40 am

Haven't done ranks, but Emanuel Hall and Paris Campbell are shaping up to be in my top 10.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06