Feel Bad For Accepting A Lopsided Trade?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Should I Feel Bad For Accepting A Lopsided Trade?

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes: 23

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Feel Bad For Accepting A Lopsided Trade?

Postby turcorox911 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:06 pm

This isn't just about one deal, it's about deals that I have made over the amount of time I have played dynasty. In all of these cases, the other owner proposed such a deal to me (whether it was an original offer or a counter), and I I immediately knew that I was getting the better end of the deal. Of course, one would have to be stupid to not accept such deals, but I did feel bad that I never once told my trade partners that they had proposed something that was pretty one-sided. In some of these cases, the other owner left the league entirely a few days/weeks after making the trade.

Do you all ever feel bad for accepting lopsided deals? Should you feel bad?

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Feel Bad For Accepting A Lopsided Trade?

Postby Hottoddies » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:32 pm

If a question was posted in a forest, and no one answered it, would it make a sound?
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

dizzler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dizzler » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:41 pm

Not at all. If you propose it then you must think it's a good deal.

Player Values are simply opinions. I don't feel bad that an owner undervalued someone when I valued them higher.
Team 1 - Super Kamario Bros (12 Team - PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -1, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB -Wentz, Newton, Ryan, Haskins (R)
RB -Zeke, Kamara, Drake, Ballage; Thompson, Ajayi
WR - D Hopkins, Julio, A. Miller, Coutee, AJ Brown (R) , Marvin Jones, Mclaurin (R),
Te -Delanie, Ebron, Oliver (R)
2020:3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Kerryon Luggage (12 Team - 2TE PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -2, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB - Jimmy G, Josh Allen, Mariota
RB - Kerryon, Jamaal Will, Drake, Ballage, Miles Sanders (R), Justice Hill (R), Myles Gaskins (R)
Wr - Micheal Thomas, Zay Jones, Curtis Samuel, Crowder, Coutee, Aj Brown (R), Marquise Brown (R), Keesean Johnson (R), Kelvin Harmon (R)
Te- Engram, Oj Howard, Josh Oliver (R)
2020: 3,3,3, 5

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:57 pm

I guess I just feel bad that teams left after making those deals. Well that and when it has happened without my involvement, I felt that it made the league less competitive.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:16 am

turcorox911 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:57 pm I guess I just feel bad that teams left after making those deals. Well that and when it has happened without my involvement, I felt that it made the league less competitive.
Find leagues that dont have this scenario happen.

Nascent
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Nascent » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:29 am

if it destabilises the league then yes you should feel bad.
16 Team, 21 player roster+IR, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, DST, K
QB: Murray, Trubisky, Mariota
RB: Fournette, D.Montgomery, A.Jones, Cohen, Kerryon Johnson
WR: R.Woods, AJ Green, Boyd, A.Miller, J. Gordon, Marquise Brown, Boykin, Callaway, MVS, Slayton
TE: Ertz
DST: Vikings, Browns

2020 Picks 1.03, 1.06, 2.03 (19 overall)

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:58 am

No you shouldn’t feel bad. It’s the other owner’s choice to make those offers, not your responsibility to make sure that every offer is fair. If someone offers you a slam dunk deal, you take it. Don’t let other people let you feel guilty for fairly trying to win when other owners are being idiots. Anyone whining about this to you as though it’s your fault is a baby who can’t accept that they didn’t get those trades.

If someone keeps making ridiculously lopsided trades year in and year out then your league needs to decide whether that person is competent enough to keep in your league, but you’re not at fault here at all.

The only scenario where I’d say you’re at fault is if it’s a family league and you’re constantly making ludicrous offers to a 6-year old in your family just trying to rob them of all their studs. Anything short of that is completely acceptable. If there are incompetent owners in your league, then it’s the league’s fault for letting them in, not your fault for making the best of your situation.

dizzler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dizzler » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:26 pm

turcorox911 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:57 pm I guess I just feel bad that teams left after making those deals. Well that and when it has happened without my involvement, I felt that it made the league less competitive.
I can see that point. In my one league ( Premature Baldwing team ), an owner has been making a lot of questionable trades the past 2 years. When approached and just politely asked what his logic in some of the trades was, his reply is " I pay my league dues so I manage the team, not anyone else".. fair enough so we let him destroy his team now. He started the year with a top 5 team on paper and ended 2nd to last. The guy is starting TJ Yeldon at RB1 at this point where as in preseason he had Mixon and Dalvin Cook. His notable players now are AB, Matt Ryan, and Cam. He started the year with Ryan, Mixon, Cook, AB, Julio, Ertz,in his starting lineup. His end of season starting line-up is below.

QB Matt Ryan, Atl QB
RB T.J. Yeldon, Jax RB
RB Lamar Miller, Hou RB
WR Antonio Brown, Pit WR
WR Tre'Quan Smith, NO WR
TE Tyler Eifert*, Cin TE IR
FLX Zach Zenner, Det RB
OP Cam Newton, Car

Most scenario's you can recover from it but the owner doesn't have a rookie pick earlier than 3.10 this year so he will struggle until after next year most likely pending he gets a ransom for AB as he should be dealing him this year. Still a case of if he offered me a dumb deal for AB/Ryan and I knew it was lopsided - I'd still accept. It's not my fault he values them less than me.
Team 1 - Super Kamario Bros (12 Team - PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -1, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB -Wentz, Newton, Ryan, Haskins (R)
RB -Zeke, Kamara, Drake, Ballage; Thompson, Ajayi
WR - D Hopkins, Julio, A. Miller, Coutee, AJ Brown (R) , Marvin Jones, Mclaurin (R),
Te -Delanie, Ebron, Oliver (R)
2020:3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Kerryon Luggage (12 Team - 2TE PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -2, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB - Jimmy G, Josh Allen, Mariota
RB - Kerryon, Jamaal Will, Drake, Ballage, Miles Sanders (R), Justice Hill (R), Myles Gaskins (R)
Wr - Micheal Thomas, Zay Jones, Curtis Samuel, Crowder, Coutee, Aj Brown (R), Marquise Brown (R), Keesean Johnson (R), Kelvin Harmon (R)
Te- Engram, Oj Howard, Josh Oliver (R)
2020: 3,3,3, 5

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:44 pm

dizzler wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:26 pm
I can see that point. In my one league ( Premature Baldwing team ), an owner has been making a lot of questionable trades the past 2 years. When approached and just politely asked what his logic in some of the trades was, his reply is " I pay my league dues so I manage the team, not anyone else".. fair enough so we let him destroy his team now. He started the year with a top 5 team on paper and ended 2nd to last. The guy is starting TJ Yeldon at RB1 at this point where as in preseason he had Mixon and Dalvin Cook. His notable players now are AB, Matt Ryan, and Cam. He started the year with Ryan, Mixon, Cook, AB, Julio, Ertz,in his starting lineup. His end of season starting line-up is below.

QB Matt Ryan, Atl QB
RB T.J. Yeldon, Jax RB
RB Lamar Miller, Hou RB
WR Antonio Brown, Pit WR
WR Tre'Quan Smith, NO WR
TE Tyler Eifert*, Cin TE IR
FLX Zach Zenner, Det RB
OP Cam Newton, Car

Most scenario's you can recover from it but the owner doesn't have a rookie pick earlier than 3.10 this year so he will struggle until after next year most likely pending he gets a ransom for AB as he should be dealing him this year. Still a case of if he offered me a dumb deal for AB/Ryan and I knew it was lopsided - I'd still accept. It's not my fault he values them less than me.
:think: Call in Mueller and find out why he is doing Putin's bidding :doh:

Badkins1121
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Badkins1121 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:20 pm

sloth8u wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:16 am
Find leagues that dont have this scenario happen.
It’s Turco. Every single league “he’s in” seems to have ridiculous scenarios.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:44 pm

as the saying goes, "It's immoral to let a sucker keep his money"

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:42 am

Dang. Can't believe I'm posting in a turco thread. But I didn't want to make a new one of my own and what just happened here fits the thread title and I think worth a discussion

I just got an offer of:
Give: 1.07 and 2.2
Get: Kenny Galloday, Chris Godwin, Julian Edelman, Robby Anderson

That's a smash auto accept steal, but then the comment says "I am interested in these picks. What would you need for them? Included are a list of players up for trade."

So it reads like he's just guaging interest and price of an actual trade he wants to make; but there's nothing stopping me from just hitting accept
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:55 am

Woah. ^ Nice that you walked away from that one hockey

I've left leagues in which the commissioner was as experienced as I, but time and time again, bullied, and or pestered newer, less experienced owners into accepting crappy offers. Inexcusable and activities like that take parity away from a league. I've got no time for that. No need to be a shark taking advantage of newbs.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:57 am

If I was in a desperate rebuilder as opposed to having a back to back champ team my temptation level would be much higher lol
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:14 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:57 am If I was in a desperate rebuilder as opposed to having a back to back champ team my temptation level would be much higher lol
Is this guy new to the league? Is it a long-standing league you've been in? If the answer is no to both, I'd have hit accept :lol:
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2