Feel Bad For Accepting A Lopsided Trade?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Should I Feel Bad For Accepting A Lopsided Trade?

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes: 23

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Feel Bad For Accepting A Lopsided Trade?

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:56 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:14 am
hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:57 am If I was in a desperate rebuilder as opposed to having a back to back champ team my temptation level would be much higher lol
Is this guy new to the league? Is it a long-standing league you've been in? If the answer is no to both, I'd have hit accept :lol:
I sent a counter back of the 1.7 and 2.2 for Godwin and Kenny G with a comment of "I'm assuming the initial offer wasn't something meant to be accepted was it?"

His response "No, that trade was not to be accepted. Is this an actual offer? I value these players far higher than those picks."

And I'm just like, you idiot, then don't send out an offer like that and hope to heck I realize it's so lopsided you're just a moron and that it wasn't a real offer. There's been enough drama in this league as it is with a comish with no backbone. It'd be such a shitshow to see how he'd handle that.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:22 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:56 am
hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:57 am If I was in a desperate rebuilder as opposed to having a back to back champ team my temptation level would be much higher lol
Is this guy new to the league? Is it a long-standing league you've been in? If the answer is no to both, I'd have hit accept :lol:
I sent a counter back of the 1.7 and 2.2 for Godwin and Kenny G with a comment of "I'm assuming the initial offer wasn't something meant to be accepted was it?"

His response "No, that trade was not to be accepted. Is this an actual offer? I value these players far higher than those picks."

And I'm just like, you idiot, then don't send out an offer like that and hope to heck I realize it's so lopsided you're just a moron and that it wasn't a real offer. There's been enough drama in this league as it is with a comish with no backbone. It'd be such a shitshow to see how he'd handle that.
You're a better man than me :clap:
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

smoger45
Role Player
Role Player

Postby smoger45 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:49 am

I traded Kaepernick after he got released from SF for Evan Engram straight up. I felt a little bad after seeing the way he has just been shifted out of the league. The owner actually quit 2 weeks later after making a trade because other owners were talking about how bad the trade was and he couldnt handle the BS talk. I didnt feel bad after the owner left because it appeared as he was going to be a bad owner anyways.
16 team 30 man PPR High scoring format.
QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/WR|TE flex
D/D/DB/DB/DL/LB/LB/LB/CB
Completions .5
Passing Yards 15 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 10
Interceptions -4
Rushing Attempts .5
Rushing Yards 5
yards per point Rushing Touchdowns 10 Receptions 1
Receiving Yards 4 yards per point
Receiving Touchdowns 10
Return Touchdowns 20
2-Point Conversions 3
Fumbles Lost -4
Offensive Fumble Return TD 20
Kickers
Field Goals
0-19 Yards 5 20-29 Yards 6 30-39 Yards 8 40-49 Yards 12 50+ Yards 15
Point After Attempt Made 2

QB. D. Jones, Herbert,
RB. D. Pearce, M. Gordon, N. Harris D. Singletary, Jamal Williams, Ty Johnson
WR. A. Cooper, Djax, Marquise Brown, OBJ, E. Moore, Duvernay, V. Jones
TE Z. Ertz, D. Waller
K W. Lutz
LB J. Baker, Mykal, Pratt, J.Phillips
DE C. Jordan, B. Burns
CB T. Diggs, K. Gordon, P. Adebo
S T. Edmunds, A. Winfield Jr. Marcus Williams

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:22 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:56 am

Stop being so nice dude. This is a grown man who can make his own decisions being a total moron. Unless he’s mentally ill or something, take these trades and don’t look back. Stop listening to these shamers for guilting you for doing nothing wrong.

If an adult is being this stupid, it’s his fault. He either shouldn’t be playing fantasy football or he should be using better sense.

Sometimes you think you’re fleecing someone and you’re wrong. In redraft, I traded Rex Burkhead + Allen Robinson + Mark Ingram for Lev Bell + Corey Davis in week 2 this year (had Conner already), then two years ago with the same guy, I trade Ty Montgomery for Devontae Booker literally the day after CJ Anderson tore his meniscus. Everyone said I fleeced him and thought I got a top 5 RB each time. Turns out I was the one who got fleeced.

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:47 pm

I never feel bad about accepting what I perceive as a lopsided trade, especially if it got offered to me. I just got offered MT and Rodgers for my hopefully late 2020 1st and Robert Woods.

I didn't even blink before hitting accept. These little gems falling into place at the right time are sometimes what it takes to push your team over the edge.
Team 1: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '16 & '17 3rd, '20 2nd Place
REBUILD STARTED 2019
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex
Kyler,Stafford,Herbert
Zeke,Sanders,Swift,Moss,Robinson,Mattison,Gio
Cooper,Juju,AJB,Reagor,Ruggs,Mims,Kirk,Bateman,Moore
Kelce,Henry
2022: 2,3,4

Team 2: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '17 & '20 2nd Place
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex
Rodgers,Stafford
Zeke,Conner,Robinson,Dillon,CEvans,Mattison,Edmonds,Davis