General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Re: Damien Williams - convince me

Postby Elroypedro » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:36 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:10 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:48 am
Phaded wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:43 am Oh great.. So now on top of YPC there is now extrapolating a small sample size.. Not flawed at all..

You can tell when some people are newer to this.

Extrapolation is the most worthless concept to prove a point because it never works out like that.
Elroy once used less than a 5 carry sample for YPC. Think it was Penny
Just a case of extreme ownership bias; something that has been going on a lot around here lately.
Sigh. This is so lazy. I’ve been more than fair handed with analyzing players I own. And I, like many, own various players on many different teams. In this case, I own Damien Williams in one league, and Hyde in multiple, being a lifelong 49ers fan(it’s the reason I know from seeing every snap of his in the NFL up until this year that he is a minus back over replacement level). Low effort trolls on here, especially several who have apparently posted here for a very long time, just don’t like facing reality, so they attack posters and not content. Every, single, petty argument derailing a thread on these boards is started by one of these few posters.
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:17 pm

I hate it when someone bases an argument on "ownership bias", but that's not a new concept here- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19348&hilit=ownership+bias

A fairly sustained discussion about ownership bias (also referred to as wishful thinking) in a thread about CJ Prosise- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=135017&hilit=owners ... 0#p1181048
Last edited by Pullo Vision on Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:42 pm

Elroypedro wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:36 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:48 am

Elroy once used less than a 5 carry sample for YPC. Think it was Penny
Just a case of extreme ownership bias; something that has been going on a lot around here lately.
Sigh. This is so lazy. I’ve been more than fair handed with analyzing players I own. And I, like many, own various players on many different teams. In this case, I own Damien Williams in one league, and Hyde in multiple, being a lifelong 49ers fan(it’s the reason I know from seeing every snap of his in the NFL up until this year that he is a minus back over replacement level). Low effort trolls on here, especially several who have apparently posted here for a very long time, just don’t like facing reality, so they attack posters and not content. Every, single, petty argument derailing a thread on these boards is started by one of these few posters.
I'm sorry, it wasn't my intent to attack you. I normally endeavor to not attack the poster if I disagree but rather the post itself. Of course that line can be blurry at times. Due to the seemingly excessive over the top posts, I felt that they may of been the result of "ownership bias". I've been noticing a lot of posters plagued by this same bias lately. I certainly appreciate all the time and energy you bring to the debate. I may not always agree with every post, but I always learn something from them. So, thank you. And remember, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a troll.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:52 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:42 pm
Elroypedro wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:36 pm

I'm sorry, it wasn't my intent to attack you. I normally endeavor to not attack the poster if I disagree but rather the post itself. Of course that line can be blurry at times. Due to the seemingly excessive over the top posts, I felt that they may of been the result of "ownership bias". I've been noticing a lot of posters plagued by this same bias lately. I certainly appreciate all the time and energy you bring to the debate. I may not always agree with every post, but I always learn something from them. So, thank you. And remember, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a troll.
Don't apologize. He can't handle difference of opinion or criticism. He calls people trolls if they disagree on him at all, meanwhile he trolls people in the most outlandish way possible. He went so far as to call people who believed Gurley was injured on par with flat earth believers, and people who belief the elite sacrifice young children or some nonsense, and reports people constantly. I'll probably get reported for saying this. :lol: The guy is condescending beyond belief. He is also an absolutist. His opinion is the absolute. People" just don't like facing reality". His post thread history is littered with an absolutist mentality that should not be questioned or criticized. I was simply going to ignore his posts, but had to chime in here. He constantly attacks people's intelligence yet tells claims to be the victim every chance he gets.

To the topic of ownership bias, there is quite a bit of it on this thread. I think Williams may be the top back on KC to start the year. Whether or not he finishes the year as that is wide open. With the recent developments of Hill, this offense could really be put into a different situation. Losing Hill is a HUGE loss for a RB in KC. Hill is such a threat for safeties, the loss of him would tremendously alter that entire offense, and not in a good way. While there may be more targets etc., it will hurt their efficiency. Hill is more than just a prolific WR. He changes the way a defense focuses and lines up. IF he is suspended, this will allow safeties much more confidence and ability to move up in the box.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:06 am

Ownership bias is a nebulous thing. I don’t like Damien because I own him. I own him because I like him. That’s the case with 100% of the players I own. I don’t own players I don’t like. So of course I’m biased if I own someone.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:13 pm

Well after all this discussion, I’m about to sell my only Damien Williams share which was half the reason I made this post lololol

For those curious, trade is:

Ertz + D. Williams + Higgins
for
Engram + Woods + 2020 (mid) 1st
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G, Mariota, DTR
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, C.Evans, TDP
WR: Chase, Diggs, Olave, Aiyuk, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Woods, Kraft
'24 picks: 1st, 3rd, 4th

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
(Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF)
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert
WR: Chase, Kupp, Aiyuk, Nico, Hollywood, Kirk, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods
'24 picks: none

Team 3:
12tm PPR SuperFlex
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods
'24 picks: 4th, 4th

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:43 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:13 pm Well after all this discussion, I’m about to sell my only Damien Williams share which was half the reason I made this post lololol

for
That’s a win. I wonder, though, if your trade partner will still go through with this since the Beckham trade. That is, if this was proposed to you several weeks ago and not just recently.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:42 pm

Valhalla wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:43 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:13 pm Well after all this discussion, I’m about to sell my only Damien Williams share which was half the reason I made this post lololol

for
That’s a win. I wonder, though, if your trade partner will still go through with this since the Beckham trade. That is, if this was proposed to you several weeks ago and not just recently.
Nope, trade was discussed last night and finalized today. My buddy wanted to really upgrade his TE and was about to overpay for Kittle so I said nah I’ll sell you Ertz (worked out cause he really wanted DW too)
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G, Mariota, DTR
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, C.Evans, TDP
WR: Chase, Diggs, Olave, Aiyuk, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Woods, Kraft
'24 picks: 1st, 3rd, 4th

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
(Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF)
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert
WR: Chase, Kupp, Aiyuk, Nico, Hollywood, Kirk, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods
'24 picks: none

Team 3:
12tm PPR SuperFlex
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods
'24 picks: 4th, 4th

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:48 pm

Huh wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:06 am Ownership bias is a nebulous thing. I don’t like Damien because I own him. I own him because I like him. That’s the case with 100% of the players I own. I don’t own players I don’t like. So of course I’m biased if I own someone.
It becomes less relevant as the leagues you play in increases. You pretty much have shares of everyone or you have better objectivity, because you don’t have as many of ‘your guys’ because you only see value. Pretty much everyone becomes available to you.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:10 pm

You can still have objectivity while not being in a lot of leagues. Being in more leagues doesn’t make your opinion or outlook more accurate. If anything, it sounds like more leagues simply increases ones opinion of themself and the likelihood to view those who disagree as less creditable due to ‘ownership bias’. Please let others know the number necessary to have a non-bias opinion.

Congrats on joining many leagues.

Edit: reminds me of a former poster who thought post count increased the validity of their opinion above others.
Last edited by FiremanEd on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:13 pm

Huh wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:06 am Ownership bias is a nebulous thing. I don’t like Damien because I own him. I own him because I like him. That’s the case with 100% of the players I own. I don’t own players I don’t like. So of course I’m biased if I own someone.
I definitely agree with you. We acquire players we believe are undervalued, and will draft them earlier than consensus, so of course we all tend to “overvalue” our own players (compared to consensus).
However, we also have confirmation bias. We want to be right about trades and draft choices so we convince ourselves why the players are valuable. Just be aware of that bias.

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:03 am

Valhalla wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:13 pm
I definitely agree with you. We acquire players we believe are undervalued, and will draft them earlier than consensus, so of course we all tend to “overvalue” our own players (compared to consensus).
However, we also have confirmation bias. We want to be right about trades and draft choices so we convince ourselves why the players are valuable. Just be aware of that bias.
Damn right I want to be right. My inflated ego will take a massive hit if Damian and Enunwa don’t work out. We can’t have that.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:45 pm

Bemused this thread keeps going and going. So far as I'm concerned, if KC doesn't do anything on Day 1/2 of the draft at RB, it's a given Damien Williams will open 2019 as the starter with majority touch-share.

I'd have thought this thread would have petered out until post-draft. What's everyone still debating? Carlos Hyde? Guy was graded with a 53 by PFF last year.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:19 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:45 pm Bemused this thread keeps going and going. So far as I'm concerned, if KC doesn't do anything on Day 1/2 of the draft at RB, it's a given Damien Williams will open 2019 as the starter with majority touch-share.

I'd have thought this thread would have petered out until post-draft. What's everyone still debating? Carlos Hyde? Guy was graded with a 53 by PFF last year.
Great, now you’ve invoked another 6 pages debating the validity of PFF grades.
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:14 pm

TB3falcons wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:19 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:45 pm Bemused this thread keeps going and going. So far as I'm concerned, if KC doesn't do anything on Day 1/2 of the draft at RB, it's a given Damien Williams will open 2019 as the starter with majority touch-share.

Great, now you’ve invoked another 6 pages debating the validity of PFF grades.
I predict that this will be the most active thread of the year and will go down as a legend thread. Their is no way this isn’t bumped weekly through the season.
Last edited by Huh on Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.