Retirement

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
robbie80robbie
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Retirement

Postby robbie80robbie » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:30 am

As a fellow browns fan I would say your going to have a fun retirement watching this team!
I have too many teams to list...

"i never worry about what people think..they don't do it often.."

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:06 am

I am sorry that you have to skip out on us - hopefully you will come back occasionally and piks times to visit that are convenient for you. :)

The DLF Forums will likely miss having you around.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:02 am

Good luck skip! All the best!
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:30 am

Nanananananana wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:31 pm
Bot101 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:32 pm
problemsolver wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:22 pm Perfect timing. I just sold my last share of you a couple of days ago in my Dynasty Football League Fantasy Posting Leagues. Got lukkynumber13 and a 2019 mid second pick in our Rookie Poster draft. I'm pretty sure I nailed it.
Nice. What am I worth?
I’d buy for an early third,

sell for a mid/late second.

Turcorox is the 1.1
Elroypedro is giving him a run for his money though, could surpass him by draft day.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:10 am

Didn't see that coming...

Bye Skip. Best DLF guy in terms of being actively engaged with the audience. Shame to see you go.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:25 am

Godspeed

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:10 am

Thanks Skip for all your contributions over the years. We didn't on everything, but, who does really? You are a valued, experienced, and knowledgeable contributor on this site, and for that I thank you. Your contributions help make this site what it has become. I always valued your insight, angle, and opinions even if we disagreed. 30 years is a while man. I'm right behind ya and somewhere in the mid 20's. I too have been downsizing a little each year it seems. A few years back I was running with 8 dynasty teams and commishing 3, Now, I'm down to 5 and commishing 2. Eventually I'd like to hang em up as well. 30 years....

Man, I remember toward the beginning, managing everything to do with scoring from newspaper stat lines the day after the games. Everything on paper. Wow huh.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Martpe
Captain
Captain

Postby Martpe » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:21 am

Awesome.... just awesome :clap:
Team 1, 0.5 PPR SuperFlex: QB, FlexQB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex
QB: Watson, Herbert (Mariota)
RB: Barkley, Jacobs, Dobbins (Akers, K Herbert)
WR: DJ Moore, Woods, Golladay (T Patrick, Shenault, Rondale M, Cephus)
TE: Goedert (Njoku, Bryant, Trautman)
Pick 1.01

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:35 am

About time you old fart. Did your eye doctor tell you to stop spending so much screen time? Developing carpal tunnel from all the typing? Move out of the way and let the not so broken down thread contributors take over. :D

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:36 pm

You will be missed!

I will name our league's league trophy "The Skip" and we will do a skip blast as we get to hoist it up, lion-king style.......

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:12 pm

This feels like somebody who has Gronk and Brady on their team just getting out before they do.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:28 pm

Skip - It's been a pleasure reading your posts over the years - your reasoned responses will be missed.

Good luck! I've been retiring for the past decade, but cutting down to 4 leagues was the closest I could get!

-oo-

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:37 pm

meineymoe wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:28 pm Skip - It's been a pleasure reading your posts over the years - your reasoned responses will be missed.

Good luck! I've been retiring for the past decade, but cutting down to 4 leagues was the closest I could get!

-oo-
Whatever happened to Eenie and Meanie ? :think:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:53 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:37 pm
meineymoe wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:28 pm Skip - It's been a pleasure reading your posts over the years - your reasoned responses will be missed.

-oo-
Whatever happened to Eenie and Meanie ? :think:
I guess he SKIP'd them.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:48 pm

Say it aint so! This past offseason in the thread about whether the forum is dying down and ppl are posting less, I said I was becoming less and less active due to life, work, redundant surface level posting, football itself and that I might stop posting. You responded to my post and said you valued them and that I offered some deep dives, different takes, etc., and I should stick around. Right back at you man, we need your veteran voice of reason around here! I responded in that thread that okay, well you just gave me some motivation, look for a thread on why Chris Carson still has a chance coming this summer! Well, I have been less active still all around, but that thread became a doozy!

I understand the Browns are getting good, but watching football just for football's sake? YUCK. All the rule changes, tackling all but eliminated, huge swings on penalties based on tackling or attempting to tackle QBs and ball carriers. Players switch teams faster in real life than on our dynasty rosters! You're gonna leave behind the ability to make the NFL all about ourselves and our own motivations? Don't do it!!!

But jokes aside, the forum will be a lesser place without you. Leave a clause in that retirement that you can opt in for one more year. The season hangover is still fresh and some minor trolling has temporarily caused a little more annoyance around here. Come draft time, where would you rather be? You have said you don't think leagues need to be money leagues. Well I think the solution here is instead of retirement, you need to double-down, get a fresh high stakes startup and try your hand with a new roster!! (My attempt to lure you back into the fold)

If the retirement lasts, sorry to see you go and valued your insights.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant