Any love for Love?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Bryce Love Torn ACL

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:56 pm

hasnt every major rb rookie had a knee blown out in college? i get the timing sucks but he should be healed in no time (i mean hunter henry was just active for the chargers during the same season he tore his ACL)

im still real high on him and am gonna be buying up at a discount in every draft. sucks for his draft stock but no way he goes undrafted after being graded a late 1st round pick 365 days ago.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:02 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:56 pm hasnt every major rb rookie had a knee blown out in college? i get the timing sucks but he should be healed in no time (i mean hunter henry was just active for the chargers during the same season he tore his ACL)

im still real high on him and am gonna be buying up at a discount in every draft. sucks for his draft stock but no way he goes undrafted after being graded a late 1st round pick 365 days ago.
The issue is the timing pretty much purely, closest comp is Jake butt in recent memory. Was touted as day 1 or round 2 guy and went down to the fourth or fifth because of it.

The big issue isn’t rehabbing it or coming back, it’s that now there won’t be any combine testing on him compounded with not being playable until mid season at the earliest and the down year. He’ll still get drafted but likely on day 3 now

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:17 pm

Yes it's bad timing, but his stock was already way down before this news came out. It was already a major mistake for him to return before this injury happened

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:36 am

I think if it was just the knee he'd still be an early round pick.... but that's not the case, we have:

1. Poor senior season
2. Potential lack of commitment to football beyond rookie deal (honorable to want to be a doctor - but nfl teams are businesses)
3. knee injury

I think with the combo of all 3 you see a late flyer on him, maybe even UDFA

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:57 am

Triton85 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:36 am I think if it was just the knee he'd still be an early round pick.... but that's not the case, we have:

1. Poor senior season
2. Potential lack of commitment to football beyond rookie deal (honorable to want to be a doctor - but nfl teams are businesses)
3. knee injury

Strongly disagree on that 2nd point. Contracts for post first rounders are 4 years which is the !length of the average NFL career. I think anything after, say, round four would be a huge value for an NFL team, even if he doesn't play year one while recuperating and plays in year 2 and 3 only.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:53 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:57 am
Triton85 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:36 am I think if it was just the knee he'd still be an early round pick.... but that's not the case, we have:

1. Poor senior season
3. knee injury

Strongly disagree on that 2nd point. Contracts for post first rounders are 4 years which is the !length of the average NFL career. I think anything after, say, round four would be a huge value for an NFL team, even if he doesn't play year one while recuperating and plays in year 2 and 3 only.
What I was saying is even if it was just the knee injury - lets say it happened after his junior year (2100 yards). If teams were projecting him as a 1st round pick still; the fact that he may not play long severely hurts a 1st round value. I agree that teams looking at him now with 4th-7th round picks are ok with 2-3 years worth of production. But not many teams would draft a guy in the 1st round knowing he may retire after 4 years

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:05 am

Yes they will, teams don't draft later round guys (especially at RB) with the expectation of a 10 year career with them. If it happens great, but they are mostly filling roster needs and trying to find guys that can help in the short term at minimal financial investment. A team would be ectastic in most cases to get a starting caliber RB in the 4th round or later for 2 -3 years and then move on to the next one. Even 1st round picks outside of QB aren't drafted with anything past their rookie contract in mind, then they take it from there depending upon the players production and impact.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Let's talk... Bryce Love

Postby Shcritters » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:17 pm

We all know the story - if he had come out in 2018 he probably would have been a top 5 back based on his tape. Then he got hurt and Stanford imploded last year. He's going to start the season on the PUP list, but he'll get healthy at some point. Does he become the 1B to Guice's 1A for the long-term, or does he fade to irrelevance as the team re-signs Thompson after this year and he is left buried on the depth chart? Thoughts?
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Let's talk... Bryce Love

Postby Sriracha » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:12 pm

Idk, but he's going in the mid to late 3rd in most of my drafts which means the price is right to find out.

I suspect he's a very good running back, though and will likely take over as the lightning in that backfield sooner rather than later

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:14 am

Agreed with the above: the price is right for a long term roster stash if you have the space or a taxi squad. Small rosters or anywhere in the mid 2nd round and I'll probably be passing. Washington may well be a very good place to get a chance to play early.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:08 am

I expect pretty much zero out of him. The hit rate on fourth round RBs is extremely low. Not sure why the dropoff is there, but your success stories over the last twenty years are:

Darren Sproles : Unique talent who people dismissed due to his size.
Lamar Miller : Dropped due to a shoulder injury.
Devonta Freeman : Product of an outside zone system. Was on the verge of being replaced when they changed schemes and suddenly became a world beater. We’ll see how he holds up now that they’re moving on to Koetter.
Marlon Mack : Probably early to declare him a success, but he looked pretty good last year and is in a good situation to continue to succeed.

That’s out of 85 RBs drafted in the fourth round. It’s not like the list is made up of a bunch of bums no one expected to succeed either. I agree that his price is low, but I feel like you can still get guys like Scotty Miller deep in drafts and I would much prefer to go that route. If you need an RB, I wouldn’t fault you for taking a shot with Love though.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:10 am

Since 2000, there are 18 guys that have rushed for over 2,000 yards in a season:

Fantasy Successes - LT, Larry Johnson (to a degree), Ray Rice, Matt Forte, Melvin Gordon, CMC

Some Success/Still in the League - Derrick Henry, Tevin Coleman

TBD - Rashaad Penny, D'onta Foreman, Jonathan Taylor (Current Wisconsin RB)

Busts - Pumphrey, Andre Williams, Donald Brown, Kevin Smith (was replaced by Jahvid Best + Injuries), JJ Arrington, Damien Anderson

TL;DR, could be a 50/50 shot that Love pans out to be good/solid, at this point, we know nothing about Guice on an NFL field. I'd gladly take Love in the late 3rd (which is where I've drafted him in 2 leagues).

The guy had two really good years at Stanford, one of which was behind CMC, 2nd in Heisman voting in 2017.

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:16 am

ericanadian wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:08 am I expect pretty much zero out of him. The hit rate on fourth round RBs is extremely low. Not sure why the dropoff is there, but your success stories over the last twenty years are:

Darren Sproles : Unique talent who people dismissed due to his size.
Lamar Miller : Dropped due to a shoulder injury.
Devonta Freeman : Product of an outside zone system. Was on the verge of being replaced when they changed schemes and suddenly became a world beater. We’ll see how he holds up now that they’re moving on to Koetter.
Marlon Mack : Probably early to declare him a success, but he looked pretty good last year and is in a good situation to continue to succeed.

That’s out of 85 RBs drafted in the fourth round. It’s not like the list is made up of a bunch of bums no one expected to succeed either. I agree that his price is low, but I feel like you can still get guys like Scotty Miller deep in drafts and I would much prefer to go that route. If you need an RB, I wouldn’t fault you for taking a shot with Love though.
How many of those 85 RB were fresh off an ACL tear? If he didn't tear his ACL, he wouldn't have been a 4th rounder...
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:43 am

Sure, there's a high likelihood that be busts, but who are you drafting in the 3rd or later that doesn't have the same or higher likelihood to bust? I don't see any problem with taking him there over other players who were probably drafted even later than him. Anyone drafted in the late 2nd and on, you're basically drafting and hoping they have some upside and you get lucky they live up to it.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:13 am

ain't talkin' bryce love

I heard the news brycey
All about your bum knee
Yeah, you may have all you want brycey
But I got somethin' you need... a knee!

Ain't talkin' bryce love
bryce love is rotten to the core