All Pro
All Pro

Re: Off Season Targets

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:07 pm

heyfeefellskee wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:49 pm
JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:16 pm
heyfeefellskee wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:26 am
But Williams still isn't getting consistent targets

A "slowed down", older Thielen had 8 less yards than Diggs for the 2nd half of the season. Haven't we been saying Diggs is more talented for a couple of years now?

People were saying the same thing last year. There's a good chance he's not fine.

Maybe, but he definitely hasn't look like his old self.
You're definitely right, but to play devil's advocate, there's a reason these are off season targets. You're hoping to get them for cheap because of the obvious question marks.
Oh, I agree. I was questioning the rational.
Yes but this is why they are offseason targets in my opinion. Of course there are question marks I just pointed out why I like them for next season since this is about next season. The WIlliams argument is especially about next season.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:38 pm

Aj Green One More season at least
46-694-6 essentially in only 8 games... He was a top 10 WR before missing the second half of the season. Guaranteed his price tag will be cheap relative to his production and it will be for multiple future seasons, not just one.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:10 pm

skip wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:38 pm
Aj Green One More season at least
46-694-6 essentially in only 8 games... He was a top 10 WR before missing the second half of the season. Guaranteed his price tag will be cheap relative to his production and it will be for multiple future seasons, not just one.
Ya to me he is perfect for this list. He is "old" so you get a discount there, had an injury, another discount, and he has produced at very high levels. Perfect guy to try and target for a low first if you are a contender.

cebarnette
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby cebarnette » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:32 pm

Fournette has his value in a free fall, and if you believe in the talent. He could be someone you go after.

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:20 pm

Thanks for understanding the purpose of the thread. You’re selling me on AJG as a consolidation target for sure right now
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:42 pm

Elroypedro wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:20 pm Thanks for understanding the purpose of the thread. You’re selling me on AJG as a consolidation target for sure right now
Using "consolidation" in the thread title would've helped get the point across more clearly and made it stand out from the other offseason buy/sell threads.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:06 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:42 pm
Elroypedro wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:20 pm Thanks for understanding the purpose of the thread. You’re selling me on AJG as a consolidation target for sure right now
Using "consolidation" in the thread title would've helped get the point across more clearly and made it stand out from the other offseason buy/sell threads.
Sure but those that read my post beyond just the title understood and responded appropriately with helpful posts like conscientious adults. A few others just came to be juvenile trolls, and luckily they were drowned out by the better users here. Regardless, I updated the title of the thread, because it is a good idea on your part.
Team 1

RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Re: Off Season Targets [for consolidation]

Postby Elroypedro » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:16 pm

List so far of consolidation targets.

QB

RB
Cook
D Freeman
Fournette
K Johnson
Penny
R Freeman

WR
OBJ
AJG
Evans
Diggs
M Williams
Lockett

TE
Engram

Personally interested in QB targets anyone has eyes on, because of my own situatuion with an aging QB1 in Brees and an underperforming QB2 in Cousins going forward.
Team 1

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:36 pm

If your focus is non-elite non-fliers, this could be useful- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=176443

QB options-
R Wilson- the drumbeat of low pass volume could push his value down
M Ryan- another OC, age isn't on his side
Wentz- two straight years ending on IR, is Foles upstaging him?

Reads more like a buy low list, though.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

hoyasaxa
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby hoyasaxa » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:38 pm

For QB, I think Cam is a great gamble for next season. I'm a little worried about his shoulder, but if he's healthy, I think that offense will be at a different level this season than they've been recently. I also like Winston a lot as a buy, but I think people are excited about the Arians hire at the moment, so wouldn't pursue him right now.

At RB, he's not cheap, but I like Mixon to take a big leap and put himself in the second tier of dynasty RB's. McKinnon owners may be frustrated despite owning him all season, and I don't think his trade value is high but he should have a good opportunity /situation next season.

I like the WR list above: OBJ, AJG, Evans, Diggs, M Williams. All are expensive, but can potentially be acquired at good value. WR's i think make the leap to elite (which are close already) are Golladay, Kupp, and Fuller. Landry is probably a good buy right now; people are concerned about his situation more than they should be. At a much cheaper price tag are Curtis Samuel and Geronimo Allison.

At TE, I'm as lost as everyone else right now.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:47 pm

Elroypedro wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:06 pm A few others just came to be juvenile trolls...
Here is your exact wording:
I’d like to hear who people are targeting this off season.

You could call them “buys,” or guys you have a feeling about and are willing to go after and pay market price or more because you think they are worth it to get your guys, or just guys you like slightly better than the market does.
Pointing you to threads about players people are targeting or "buys", etc. is exactly where you were directed. You then followed that up with an additional request about consolidation. Those are not one and the same. Just because you interpreted your post one way, do not assume others read it the same.

The replies were nothing "troll like" in any way...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:57 pm

skip wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:47 pm
Elroypedro wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:06 pm A few others just came to be juvenile trolls...
Here is your exact wording:
I’d like to hear who people are targeting this off season.

You could call them “buys,” or guys you have a feeling about and are willing to go after and pay market price or more because you think they are worth it to get your guys, or just guys you like slightly better than the market does.
Pointing you to threads about players people are targeting or "buys", etc. is exactly where you were directed. You then followed that up with an additional request about consolidation. Those are not one and the same. Just because you interpreted your post one way, do not assume others read it the same.

The replies were nothing "troll like" in any way...

Beyond being just factually incorrect(more accurately I could say you are lying by omission), this exact post right here is a troll post, meant to make this thread all about you. Just don't respond if you don't have anything constructive to add or have an urge to derail a thread for attention.
Team 1

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:35 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:36 pm If your focus is non-elite non-fliers, this could be useful- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=176443

QB options-
R Wilson- the drumbeat of low pass volume could push his value down
M Ryan- another OC, age isn't on his side
Wentz- two straight years ending on IR, is Foles upstaging him?

Reads more like a buy low list, though.
Maybe add Rodgers to the list for targets this year. Down year for him but was still posting "elite" numbers, and most are expecting a bounce back from him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back as the dynasty QB1 this time next year.
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:12 am

I genuinely don't know the difference between an off-season target vs a target for consolidation.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:50 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:12 am I genuinely don't know the difference between an off-season target vs a target for consolidation.
There isn’t any. Consolidation is simply a type of trading or method of roster management. The argument it changes the types of player targets doesn’t really make sense, as you can consolidate to make a deal for any player.