2019 Bad Trade Offers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2019 Bad Trade Offers

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:05 pm

Honestly this thread is just another example, along with many other factors, of why fantasy football is losing it's appeal to me. Trading in dynasty leagues has become an absolute joke. People think every player on their roster is a Greek God, but when that player isn't on their roster, they barely belong in the NFL. I have reached the point of barely acknowledging other owners trade offers at this point, often not even responding anymore. Especially from owners who just spam trade offer with 3 of their unstartable bench players for my weekly starter. There is also way too much obsession with ADP in trade negotiations, which is weird because ADP is for a start-up draft, in-season it is damn near worthless when you're trying to win weekly matchups. It's cool that your WR is being drafted in round 5 of startup drafts but he's averaging 7 ppg right now so no I don't want to trade my starting RB for him.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:37 pm

I think its a good thread just to see how many people evaluate different players. What is bad to one is good to another and vice versa. We see it on a micro level in our own leagues and this brings it to more of a macro level. Yes some trade offers are insulting but that's how some owners work. Just ignore the trade and let it sit.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:02 pm

Just out of curiosity what does the Bot101 set as Saquon's fair value in his 1QB lg. ?

I don't think the offer was a deal I'd do for Barkley either. Not even close to an insulting offer though. Fournette is injury prone, Tarik a bit hit or miss and Mayfield nothing outstanding in a 1 QB but all are startable talents. Especially if it's a PPR then Cohen goes way up.

Not enough but far from terrible.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:08 pm

Bot101 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:35 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:23 pm
Bot101 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:51 pm Ive got a bunch of these. But I'll go with this for now. Team in sig. I asked about Baker. Got an offer of:

Get:
Baker Mayfield
Tarik Cohen
Leonard Fournette

Give:
Saquon Barkley
I mean, I'd prefer Saquon, but this doesn't belong in a bad offer discussion.
You're right.

It belongs in the Insulting Offer thread.
Unless you've left out some parts to the story, this doesn't even classify as a bad offer. You inquired about a player and he told you what he was willing to do. He didn't cold call you with the offer - you're the one who started it and didn't even make an offer.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:21 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:37 pm I think its a good thread just to see how many people evaluate different players. What is bad to one is good to another and vice versa. We see it on a micro level in our own leagues and this brings it to more of a macro level. Yes some trade offers are insulting but that's how some owners work. Just ignore the trade and let it sit.
Ditto- I like seeing what offers are out there. Great to see what offers are being accepted, and which are being declined. Sometimes an offer can be fair "in a vacuum", but bad in that it makes no sense for one of the teams(sending a starter for players that will sit on their bench)
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:51 pm

Just as an example of offers that I think can be seen two ways:
I got an offer of Crowell and 2019 1.06 for Guice (I turned it down)

One side would say that's awful since Guice was going 1.02 last season and crowell sucks

Another side may say Guices injury getting worse drops him down and you are getting a pick and a player so its not that bad.

Its very interesting to see all these takes and how much we all disagree.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:55 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:02 pm Just out of curiosity what does the Bot101 set as Saquon's fair value in his 1QB lg. ?

I don't think the offer was a deal I'd do for Barkley either. Not even close to an insulting offer though. Fournette is injury prone, Tarik a bit hit or miss and Mayfield nothing outstanding in a 1 QB but all are startable talents. Especially if it's a PPR then Cohen goes way up.

Nah I'm done with this thread. If thats the Barkley price I would highly recommend everyone go make that offer and come back and tell everyone what happened.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:58 pm

Bot101 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:55 pm
cazzie33 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:02 pm Just out of curiosity what does the Bot101 set as Saquon's fair value in his 1QB lg. ?

Nah I'm done with this thread. If thats the Barkley price I would highly recommend everyone go make that offer and come back and tell everyone what happened.
Cant be done just because people disagree with you.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:22 pm

The objection there no doubt stems from the fact it was a Baker inquiry (1QB league), and somehow needs to involve Saquon to get the deal done. Baker is arguably the least valuable piece in the deal. It makes the offer appear that much more of a reach in comparison. I agree it is a decline and don’t see anyone accepting it. Add in it is a 10 team league and it becomes bad plus the original basis of the inquiry. I think most would agree with this and call it a day on that specific offer?

Now let’s see some crap offers!

(Jason, sounds like you need a short break from fantasy to recharge. Sit a few weeks out!)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:27 pm

I actually agree with Bot101 - if based on a 10 team league then that Barkley offer is not a "good offer". I disagree on it being insulting - but obviously 10 different owners will disagree on the value of the offer much less whether it is insulting.

Not for me to say if it is or is not insulting since I cannot speak for another persons feelings. However if you are consistently getting offended by the owners in your league, you (generic person) may need to take a break.

Ironically enough, in a 12+ team SF/2QB league, especially one where I had little besides Barkley & needed a QB - I'd strongly consider it.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:15 am

Give: Kittle

Get: K. Rudolph + pick #26

FWIW, it's a 32 team league, so the pick is actually a first-rounder there.
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:20 am

MucBuc wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:15 am Give: Kittle

Get: K. Rudolph + pick #26

FWIW, it's a 32 team league, so the pick is actually a first-rounder there.
Double player copy? IDP? Often those leagues are, and if so and it is converted to the #13 pick, the value changes significantly. Not saying accept worthy, but just curious.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:41 am

Bot101 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:51 pm Ive got a bunch of these. But I'll go with this for now. Team in sig. I asked about Baker. Got an offer of:

Get:
Baker Mayfield
Tarik Cohen
Leonard Fournette

Give:
Saquon Barkley
I think you should post his roster and your offer for Baker. Your being insulted by a bad offer, while providing incomplete information.

Looks like you need to start 7 players from RB, WR and Flex positions. You have 3 stud WR and 2 stud RBs. Cohen and Fournette would probably be starters for you. If Cam Newton regresses or is injured, Baker would be a starter too.

myndflyte
Role Player
Role Player

Postby myndflyte » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:22 am

Give: Melvin Gordon, Deon Cain, Brandin Cooks
Get: Gus Edwards, Hunt, Lockett, Brate, Gronk

While probably not the worst offer ever, I feel like I'm giving up way too much for an questionable RB in Edwards, an RB that may not play again, swapping WR2 and a TE past his prime that may retire.
Last edited by myndflyte on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
12 team 0.5 pt PPR; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex
QB: Rodgers, Prescott, Lauletta (R)
RB: Gordon, Ajayi, Collins, Yeldon, Ekeler, Martin, Grant, Mizzell, David Williams, Jeffery Wilson, Warren
WR: Cooks, Boyd, Marvin Jones, Lockett, Coleman, Doctson, Goodwin, Cobb, T. Williams, Z. Jones, Roberts, Tate (R), Cain (R), Ellington, Cody Core, Beebe
TE: Kelce, Cook, Conklin, LaCosse
2019 Picks: 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5

12 team 1 pt PPR SF IDP; 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 SFlex, 3 Flex, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 1 IDP Flex
QB: Newton, Stafford, Bortles, Kessler
RB: Hunt, Mixon, Lewis, Ekeler, Thompson, Bernard, Davis, Blount
WR: Evans, Lockett, Marvin Jones, Sanders, Lee, Pettis, Crabtree, Cole, Ateman, Lasley
TE: Rudolph, Seals-Jones
DL: Jordon, Ingram
LB: Jarrad Davis, Alonso, Avery Williamson, Warner, Van Noy, Golden, Baker, Shaun Dion Hamilton
DB: Poyer, Kazee, Collins, Jenkins, Cyprien
2019 Picks: 1.05, 2.05, 3.05, 4.05, 5.05, 6.05, 7.05

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:23 am

Does this bother you guys that much? I mean I’ll take a “bad offer” any day over the owner that never sends anything and relies on you to make the offers. Think of them less as “bad offers” and more as “conversation starters”. Getting upset or insulted by someone actually taking time to send something over is being pretty thin skinned. Just get over them “feelings” or emotions or whatever it is, and try to find a deal that does work. Or clam up, get pissed, and miss out on a possible trade. That’s an option too I guess.