How does your league deal with IR in the offseason?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: How does your league deal with IR in the offseason?

Postby mild » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:55 pm

BigJoeWall72 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:57 pm If I were you, I would make that case immediately before the vote is completed. Rules need to be established ahead of time in dynasty leagues, and if/when rules need to be added and/or changed, there should be a buffer time... especially rules regarding scoring and roster make-up.
Thanks Big Joe, this was good advice. I ended up messaging the Commish and the owners I know, and the vote ended up on the answer everyone here suggested (when the IR is removed).
Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:41 pm
GridironGuerilla wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:35 pm IR eligible while MFL has them designated show. Ineligible when designation removed. When your MFL league transfers over to the new league page, usually in early February, the designation falls off. Easy peasy. Why over complicate it.
If this league is on MFL, this is the best answer. Let the site do the work.
Thankyou for this info, and thanks to everyone that chimed in. Looks like this is the way it's going to work going forward... so it's crisis somewhat averted, and I will hopefully have time to trade them before the IR cut down.

I have suggested that we table taking the IR down from 4 players to 2 players at the next meeting as well.

Thanks everyone, this forum is great. :thumbup:

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:57 pm

mild wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:55 pm I have suggested that we table taking the IR down from 4 players to 2 players at the next meeting as well.
I must have missed this earlier... There is a proposal to reduce the number of IR spots? That's terrible. My league has 55 man rosters and only 3 spots. It's way too small. Right now 3 of my 4 TEs are all on the NFL IR but on my active roster because spots are too few. There was a point last season when my number of players on IR hit double digits...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:48 am

End of the season - our league is like jomead's
jomaed wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:31 pm We have a pretty close group of friends and the league is very lax, so we just allow the guys who end on IR to be kept there until next seasons roster cut downs which occurs close to the start of the season. I'm sure this is totally different than most leagues. I'm guessing most have a cut down day soon after the season ends. I think that is when the IR statuses go away??
We expand rosters in the off-season for the rookie draft, and lock rosters after the Superbowl until the rookie draft. If they're still designated on IR when the rosters are locked, you're good, as when they reopen the rosters have expanded to deal with rookie picks - you just need to cut enough for the number of picks that you have. And then cut down back to in-season roster size before GW1.
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:44 am

skip wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:57 pm
mild wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:55 pm I have suggested that we table taking the IR down from 4 players to 2 players at the next meeting as well.
I must have missed this earlier... There is a proposal to reduce the number of IR spots? That's terrible. My league has 55 man rosters and only 3 spots. It's way too small. Right now 3 of my 4 TEs are all on the NFL IR but on my active roster because spots are too few. There was a point last season when my number of players on IR hit double digits...
I just read this whole thread and didn't see any mention of drooping IR spots until this either.

I wonder what the ideal ratio of active roster spots to IR spots is? I imagine the deeper the rosters, the more IR spots you want.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:17 pm

skip wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:57 pm
I basically threw the other side of this argument a bone. Clearly they are not happy that I have been hoarding talent on my IR, so I suggested that we might talk about reducing the IR size at the next owners meeting as a possible compromise going forward.

To be clear: I would still fight tooth and nail to keep it at 4 IR spots. I was just extending an olive branch.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:52 am

We make sure IR players are down to 3 max before the NFL draft. We don’t allow for teams to harbor extra players prior to our rookie/FA draft.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:25 am

We expand the active roster from 24 to 28 and clear IR and taxi shortly after the playoffs are over. TBH not many interesting players are cut when this happens.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:38 am

IR, like taxi spots, are often extra admin work for everyone where simply bigger rosters (i.e. active spots) are a better option for typical non-auction leagues.

I've learned I'd much rather have 32 "normal" roster spots, no special designations, than 20 something active, X IR, and Y taxi, and have to manage and track all the extra timing and special rules for such little payoff.

There's simulation, and then there's administration. Bleh.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -