Foles vs Wentz

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Foles vs Wentz

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:18 pm

Ignoring yards per game in the Wentz Dak comp, Wentz throws for a lot more

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:28 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:57 pm This has to be posted somewhere- https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-went ... am-player/
Honestly, hook that story to my veins. I love it so much. I send every scrap I find to my Eagles mate in my league.

To my Aussie compatriot across the ditch: Foles was hot garbage at the start of the season because:

- he was banged up (those same troublesome ribs in preseason I believe?)
- the O-line was banged up
- Alshon was out, nobody was playing well

I believe that what we saw at the end of the year was more in line with what we can expect when Foles is in the right system, and I for one welcome the Jacksonville era with open arms for B.D. Nick.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:11 am

mild wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:28 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:57 pm This has to be posted somewhere- https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-went ... am-player/
Honestly, hook that story to my veins. I love it so much. I send every scrap I find to my Eagles mate in my league.

To my Aussie compatriot across the ditch: Foles was hot garbage at the start of the season because:

- he was banged up (those same troublesome ribs in preseason I believe?)
- the O-line was banged up
- Alshon was out, nobody was playing well

I believe that what we saw at the end of the year was more in line with what we can expect when Foles is in the right system, and I for one welcome the Jacksonville era with open arms for B.D. Nick.
Cheers mild, I do not recall Foles injury to start the season, must have completely slipped my mind. I actually like Foles I just don't think he will be as good as Wentz, Foles would do very in Jacksonville if they keep Fournette.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:38 pm

This entire locker room thing makes the dynamic very interesting. If Wentz struggles, and Foles has a good year somewhere else, I wonder if there will be more rumblings.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:54 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:38 pm This entire locker room thing makes the dynamic very interesting. If Wentz struggles, and Foles has a good year somewhere else, I wonder if there will be more rumblings.
I agree. Also thought it interesting that he seems to look on to Ertz, perhaps without regard to the actual play design. Suggests Ertz's floor has alotta room to drop, nevermind Goedert earning snaps.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:53 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:54 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:38 pm This entire locker room thing makes the dynamic very interesting. If Wentz struggles, and Foles has a good year somewhere else, I wonder if there will be more rumblings.
I agree. Also thought it interesting that he seems to look on to Ertz, perhaps without regard to the actual play design. Suggests Ertz's floor has alotta room to drop, nevermind Goedert earning snaps.
The target differential is regularly brought up but pretty unsubstantiated.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/201 ... tz-targets

Ertz's target share was 2% higher with Wentz (26.4% vs 24.4%), which I hope most can see as basically equal. To even out Ertz’s 2% difference, he would need 3 less targets in their 11 games together from Wentz and 3 more from Foles in their 7 games together.

Jeffery and Agholor also received similar target shares with each QB.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

FantasyFreek
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby FantasyFreek » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:09 am

From the games Ive watched of the eagles the past 2 years and every playoff game to me it looks like foles is more comfortable with the offense, he just seems to make things work, almost like how fitzmagic was doing it except for multiple years, even then I think wentz is the way to go, hes young and can be molded into a good qb, I think they either keep foles as a expensive but proven backup or he will go helm a team of his own.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:23 am

Only way Philly can keep him is by either franchise tagging him or offering him a lot of money...which I wouldn't think is the brightest idea...however, with Wentz' injury history....who knows.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:38 am

Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..