What to make of the AB situation?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: What to make of the AB situation?

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:43 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:25 am
ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:30 pm Second: the team had a lot more problems than the QB play. Actually, the QB wasn't even near the top of the list of problems, considering Beathard and Mullens had several quite decent games. Niners were 32nd in picks, 22nd in sacks, 28th in points allowed, 32nd in TO differential, 22nd in pass-protection, and 30th in total DVOA.
Are you saying Shanahan is the Kingsbury of the NFL?
I'm pretty sure he's just pointing out that this team has issues that are keeping it from being a legit playoff team aside from the major injuries they had and that Shanahan will look to address those most likely through the draft and rebuilding rather than get AB

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:10 am

I would not mind seeing AB in San Francisco, if he is the type of WR to help other WRs - could be good for guys like Taylor, James & Pettis.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:15 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:43 am
Lotto4Life wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:25 am
ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:30 pm Second: the team had a lot more problems than the QB play. Actually, the QB wasn't even near the top of the list of problems, considering Beathard and Mullens had several quite decent games. Niners were 32nd in picks, 22nd in sacks, 28th in points allowed, 32nd in TO differential, 22nd in pass-protection, and 30th in total DVOA.
Are you saying Shanahan is the Kingsbury of the NFL?
I'm pretty sure he's just pointing out that this team has issues that are keeping it from being a legit playoff team aside from the major injuries they had and that Shanahan will look to address those most likely through the draft and rebuilding rather than get AB
Financially, if they can do this, they should; as it would immediately vault the 49ers up a notch (when JG is healthy) and at least help them to compete for 2nd in their division. With the number of Defensive inefficiencies they have, they should invest most of their picks to that side of the ball as the draft looks to be loaded with defensive talent.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:48 pm

More drama and tweets today, idk about you guys but this has been so funny. Ill be amazed if he lasts in Pittsburgh.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:26 pm

Tomlin told players they'd cut Brown when his production didn't outweigh the issues he creates- http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-ste ... bably-over
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:50 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:26 pm Tomlin told players they'd cut Brown when his production didn't outweigh the issues he creates- http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-ste ... bably-over
Tomlin sounds like the problem
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:40 pm

Elroypedro wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:50 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:26 pm Tomlin told players they'd cut Brown when his production didn't outweigh the issues he creates- http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-ste ... bably-over
Tomlin sounds like the problem
To that point-
While Brown is known for his antics on the field, he's also known for his colorful commentary in the team facility. In one team meeting, a then-teammate overheard Brown asking why Tomlin was trying to "Martin Luther King me" over the fine coming his way.

Tomlin sternly asked him to clarify, the ex-teammate said. Someone told Brown to chill, and a small group of players looked at each other, not knowing how to respond.

Most players recognize the quandary NFL coaches face: Harsh punishments for the best players don't help on game days.

Will Johnson, a Steelers fullback from 2012 to 2015, said everyone is not treated the same in the NFL. "Players are paid to make plays," he said.

And everyone interviewed admires how Tomlin knows his players on a personal level. Not many understand Brown better than Tomlin, who has an ability to point players in the right direction without belaboring the message.

But Tomlin's special treatment of his star receiver may have backfired, one Steeler said.

"As the leash gets longer, [Brown] gets the feeling that he can do whatever he wants," said the ex-Steeler who played with Brown for multiple seasons. "That's where Tomlin might have wished he would have squashed this earlier."

Tomlin was not available for comment for this story but has publicly disciplined Brown in the past, most notably in January 2017 for Brown broadcasting Tomlin's postgame speech on Facebook Live after a playoff win in Kansas City. Even then, Tomlin warned Brown's antics might shorten his career in Pittsburgh.

Tomlin could be a stickler for rules when necessary, players said, but policing every on-field sprint or meeting tally would take attention from the big picture of winning. Multiple players believed fining Brown for conduct detrimental to the team -- which the Steelers didn't do in Week 17 -- would have gotten Brown's attention long ago.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:47 am

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:58 am

As an AB owner, him leaving is great for his value. If Big Ben retired in a year or two his value would plummet. But if he ends up on a team like SF with Jimmy GQ as his QB for the next 5 years then his value will stay as is, if not go up.
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:13 am

Fantasyfanatic11 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:58 am As an AB owner, him leaving is great for his value. If Big Ben retired in a year or two his value would plummet. But if he ends up on a team like SF with Jimmy GQ as his QB for the next 5 years then his value will stay as is, if not go up.
If I owned Brown, I probably would've stopped caring about his trade value a while ago. I'm riding his production into the sunset. However, I do think leaving Big Ben is a significant thing. He has tunnel vision for Brown, and he's frequently the primary read even if he's doubled. A new QB may not be the same way.
Last edited by Cameron Giles on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:13 am

The Steelers could also trade him to whichever team they want, in search of the best deal.

I kinda agree with the above, Ben is also one of the greatest QBs in recent memory, who knows what QB situation he could walk into.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:36 am

Fantasyfanatic11 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:58 am As an AB owner, him leaving is great for his value. If Big Ben retired in a year or two his value would plummet. But if he ends up on a team like SF with Jimmy GQ as his QB for the next 5 years then his value will stay as is, if not go up.
Go up? That's a huge stretch.

I hope he ends up with a team with a QB nearly as good as Roethlisberger, but odds are against. If he maintains value, Brown owners should be thrilled.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:15 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:13 am
If I owned Brown, I probably would've stopped caring about his trade value a while ago. I'm riding his production into the sunset. However, I do think leaving Big Ben is a significant thing. He has tunnel vision for Brown, and he's frequently the primary read even if he's doubled. A new QB may not be the same way.
This is where I am at. I do not care about the consensus value for Brown, I will ride a guy who has potential to be the WR1 each year until he retires.

I would think if traded - the Steelers would seek an NFC trade partner. The 49ers make a lot of sense, he has been previously linked there and I would not mind it as an AB owner.

Only 3 of the top 10 teams with cap space are NFC - also conveniently the same division; the Seahawks & Cardinals.

Seahawks would be great, Cards would be tear worthy.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:43 pm

Ive only read the headlines and not the actual articles but so far this weak ive seen Brown get caught speeding over 100 mph, "push" a woman to the ground in Florida, and once again show himself to be a selfish cancer to his team. Oh and he will turn 31 before the season starts.

Im not sure I see someone putting themselves in a position to have their value increase.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:51 pm

And people thought the Madden curse was dead..