2019 Dynasty / Fantasy Football Resolutions

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: 2019 Dynasty / Fantasy Football Resolutions

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:43 am

Don't feel bad, hockey. I've done my fair share of win now moves. I've given up significant value. I once gave a 2nd round pick because I was going to the playoffs and I loved their matchups.

This year, in my sig league, I lost Ajayi and Freeman, my WR depth didn't perform early on and I started in a deep hole. I started trying to sell my useful assets for teams that were fighting for the last few playoff spots. One guy straight up said he doesn't like to trade and others were more interested in my studs than my depth. One team didn't realize having only Hunt and Lamar Miller (and literally not one single other RB rostered) in a 2 RB league was a problem... until it was too late.

I went on a heater at the end of the season and suddenly found myself vying for that last playoff spot. I traded Matt Ionnidis and a 1st for Matt Breida and a 1st. Well Breida ended up getting so injured he couldn't take advantage of the schedule and the pick I gave became 1.9, while I got what became 1.12.

Unfortunately, I did much worse win-now moves in other leagues.

So yeah, my resolution wold be not to piss away so much value each year trying to get into the playoffs. Maybe, I don't know, be positioning for a bye as the season comes to a close, not fighting to get in.

As a complete side- HockeyBjj, who is WR Rattle on your 2nd sig team?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:19 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:13 am
ArrylT wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:11 pm
hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:59 pm I will not panic buy to fix a perceived hole in my roster

Ah who am I kidding, I'll again do something stupid like trading away Hunter Henry for Tevin Coleman every damn year
:lol:

But next time at least it wont look stupid until in hindsight? :wink:
Kittle had emerged the young stud, Rudolph a competent backup TE. HH became capitol to spend. I needed an rb3 for a championship run. Freeman was down for good, Coleman had a solid game and his pass catching should give a solid floor... Next year free agent...

It made sense. *stares at projections angrily* it was logical

Hangs head in immediate regret
Dont feel bad man. Early last off season I was sitting on HH, Njoku, and Everett. Someone made me a solid offer for Njoku which also gave me Jonnu. I thought, I'm really set at TE. The VERY next day HH tears his ACL. A couple weeks later I trade a 2019 3rd and a 2020 2nd for Delanie, whom we also know got injured. So I made another trade for Burton. I was in TE purgatory all season and it cost me not only picks and players, but a title shot.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:37 am

If we’re talking awful win-now moves, I traded Darnold for Brady in a SF league while approaching the playoffs. Brady stunk it up and became a hinderance rather than an asset, and Darnold ended up heavily outscoring him. Still barely managed to win the ship, but assuming Brady retires in the near future I just traded away a young franchise QB for no benefit.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:56 am

Blueboy wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:37 am If we’re talking awful win-now moves, I traded Darnold for Brady in a SF league while approaching the playoffs. Brady stunk it up and became a hinderance rather than an asset, and Darnold ended up heavily outscoring him. Still barely managed to win the ship, but assuming Brady retires in the near future I just traded away a young franchise QB for no benefit.
I traded Baker, Cohen and a 2nd for Cam. Another move that backfired and cost me a title.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:50 pm

Expect the absolute worst from everything... Thought I'd be a championship favorite this year....

McKinnon - out for the season
DJ - suddenly lost all durability and pass catching/route running ability after getting a year to rest and was capped at 20 inside hand offs a game with no targets basically (not actually of course but that is how the Cardinals coaching staff saw it...)

Obj and Evans did well but didn't see the volume I thought they would. Plus their QB situations were terrible. Talent over situation baby... Please turn it around!

Arob - did alright. Wasn't expecting too much in his first season back from a torn ACL with a sophomore QB in a completely new system for everybody

Rudolph and Burton - passable, was expecting more but TE is so whatever outside of 3 guys it isn't that hard of a pill to swallow

Doyle - injured all season basically, let Ebron take over... Where was this Ebron when I held him? Idk...

Penny.. it's okay because I have Carson but ugh... Wish he would have gone to another team but I'm also glad we have him as a hawks fan..

Carson - my lone bright spot. Proud of this guy! He earned it.

Royce freeman - outplayed by a udfa... Probably going nowhere fast...

Dede - best receiver for the worst QB. Had a few nice games but I didn't expect much from him because of Bortles.

Marvin jones - did alright, got injured half way through

Still happy I made it to 5th place with how my season went but was expecting to at least make it to the semi's... Hopefully I'll have a fortunate off season
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:47 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:43 am As a complete side- HockeyBjj, who is WR Rattle on your 2nd sig team?

I have no idea what happened there. Auto correct if I did something with my phone? Lol. I updated my end of bench stashes at WR, and the mythical Rattle is now gone
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:37 pm

I need to be more active on waivers. I'm historically bad at WW pickups.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:50 pm

skip wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:30 am I'm retiring. 30 years in the game is enough. Cleveland looks like they are at a point where they've turned the corner. I'm ready to go back to just being a fan and enjoying watching football.
That's what week 17 & the NFL playoffs are for :)

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:54 pm

I will:

1) resist the urge to join more leagues.

2) be a great & active leaguemate in the leagues that I'm in, even if I wish that some of them would fold so that I could be in less leagues.

3) keep listening to podcasts in favor of written content. I love my surf-check drives when the podcasts are pumping through my car speakers.

4) I have some fun stuff that I'll be documenting next season. Stay tuned!

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:45 pm

I’ve got to stick to talent over situation better.

Perine over Hunt
Sony over Chubb

In both these instances I had the latter ranked higher before the draft, then I talk myself into the better situation.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:39 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:37 pm I need to be more active on waivers. I'm historically bad at WW pickups.
Yep. I didn't pick up Lindsay anywhere, despite reading about him as early as anyone else. My waiver wire decisions are a complete mystery.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:56 am

Create/join a league where I actually like all instead of just some of the rules - especially one with massive roster flexibility and freedom to build whatever mix of positional depth you like.

Absolutely huge rosters, big emphasis on rookie drafts and massive rosters over waivers, no K, no D, zero positional limits.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -