Building a dynasty - studs vs depth?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Inglorious
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Building a dynasty - studs vs depth?

Postby Inglorious » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:37 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:33 am
Inglorious wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:04 am Interesting and glad to read peoples thoughts on trading for barkely as i'm in the boar of willing to offer above and beyond too

I offered 1.4, 1.9, 2.1, 2.8 + McKinnon but he wants K Allen (instead of McKinnon) from me and didn't know whether to cave and offer him it
Tough one for me, but I don't have a ton of experience with trading picks (auction league only). There is a major gap between Allen and Barkley, but KA is still a top 10 WR and top 20 overall player.

Ideally I would want to give up less, but McKinnon won't get it done either. With the emergence of Breida he's not even a lock to dominate touches in his backfield. From what I have read, and my success rate at identifying the top rookies after the consensus top 2 or 3, all the picks you offered are kind of filler/lotto tickets. I would trade KA and all of the picks for Barkley. The more I think about it the more I like it. I'd pull the trigger.
Cheers buddy, appreciate that ... Can roll with 3 RBs so i guess a potential starting roster of Gurley/Barkley/Kerryon + OBJ/Boyd or Sutton wouldn't be too bad

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:40 am

Inglorious wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:34 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:31 am
Inglorious wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:04 am Interesting and glad to read peoples thoughts on trading for barkely as i'm in the boar of willing to offer above and beyond too

I offered 1.4, 1.9, 2.1, 2.8 + McKinnon but he wants K Allen (instead of McKinnon) from me and didn't know whether to cave and offer him it
That package + KA seems more do-able. I can't see it getting done with McKinnon.
Would you do it though with my team below?
Hard to say without knowing your league settings (how many teams, lineup requirements, etc).
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:22 am

Inglorious wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:34 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:31 am

That package + KA seems more do-able. I can't see it getting done with McKinnon.
Would you do it though with my team below?
I'm not the guy you asked, but I would. It would also be good to put your starting requirements into your sig (e.g. 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex, etc...).

I would definitely try to trade McKinnon or Freeman though if I made the deal for Barkley. Now might not be the best time, once they are healthy and before the season starts, to get a WR. Or deal Herndon and one of them if it can get you all the way to Kelce/Ertz/Kittle.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.