So how was championship week for everyone?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kaz
Captain
Captain

Re: So how was championship week for everyone?

Postby Kaz » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:27 pm

Awful, I entered the Sunday night game up 70 points with my T.Hill and ~7 pt S vs his Baldwin, Lockett, Mahomes, D.Williams, and Wagner. I lost by like 5 points. I basically led the league in scoring by a decent margin for the entire season, but the end of the year my team just crapped out on me. I lost K.Hunt to him being an asshole. Then I lost J.Reed, A.Smith, A.Jones, and DT during the game. So it was kind of a stacked deck against me.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

kuphal_99
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kuphal_99 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:31 am

Terrible. My team that dominated the regular season lost both playoff games and finished out of the money.
Russel Wilson, Evans, Hilton, Gurley, Saquon, Lindsay, and Gronkowski.
12 Team, 21 man roster, Non PPR
QB-Dak, Wentz
RB-Zeke, Chubb, J Taylor, D Henderson, C Patterson, Pollard, J Wilson, Ty’son Williams
WR-Adams, Hill, Diggs, Boyd, A Brown, A Robinson, AJ Green
TE-Kittle, Goedert,
K-Butker

sammyz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sammyz » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:26 am

Team in the isg just won the ship. Led the regular season in wins (though 3rd in total points) had a rough week in the semis, opponent had rougher and I snuck into the finals. I grabbed CJ Anderson last minute (as I was playing without Gurley) and stressed about whether to start Anderson or Kelly, started Anderson which was correct, but also wouldn't have mattered as I wound up winning by 70. Opponent had Rivers, Kelce, Gronk, and Cooper let him down.

This is the 14th year of the league and my first win (though I've been in the finals 3 times before).
QBs: Dak Prescott, Teddy Bridgewater, Taysom Hill, Jameis Winston, Jalen Hurts, Andy Dalton
RBS: CMC, Miles Sanders, Gurley, JK Dobbins, AJ Dillon, Lamical Perine, Ito Smith
WRS: Godwin, DJ Moore, Juju, Keenan Allen, Diggs, McLaurin, Dionte Johnson, Jalen Reagor, Bryan Edwards, Brandon Aiyuk, Tim Patrick
TEs: Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson, Irv Smith
DEF:Miami

Daltanian
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Daltanian » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:31 am

Kaz wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:27 pm Awful, I entered the Sunday night game up 70 points with my T.Hill and ~7 pt S vs his Baldwin, Lockett, Mahomes, D.Williams, and Wagner. I lost by like 5 points. I basically led the league in scoring by a decent margin for the entire season, but the end of the year my team just crapped out on me. I lost K.Hunt to him being an asshole. Then I lost J.Reed, A.Smith, A.Jones, and DT during the game. So it was kind of a stacked deck against me.
That Seahawks/Chiefs game also was the deciding factor for me too; except it helped me.

I was down 43 going into the game with Wilson, Baldwin, and Wagner playing. I hoped worst case that it would be tied going into MNF where we each had two players left. After that game ended, I was up 28.

My guys last night ended up doing nothing (10 points) while his were decent (23 points). Fortunately since Baldwin/Wilson dominated the night before, I ended up winning by 15.

I saw the other team score a bunch of unexpected points from two pick sixes (Malcolm Bulter/Telvin Smith), and I thought it'd come back to haunt me in the end.

After seeing those, Ebron getting hurt for me before halftime (TE premium league) and Gurley not being available last minute after helping me all year, I thought I was screwed.

I guess for me, it just reinforces the idea that it's never over till it's over.
16 Team Superflex

QB: R. Wilson, Tannehill
RB: CMC, A. Kamara, A. Ekeler, CEH
WR: D. Adams, M. Thomas, T. Lockett, AJ Green, J. Edelman, L. Fitzgerald
TE: Kittle, J. Cook,

Pix
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Pix » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Jared Goff
Ezekiel Elliott, Jamaal Williams, Tevin Coleman
Michael Thomas, Robert Woods, Alshon Jeffery
Evan Engram
Calais Campbell, DeForest Buckner
Roquan Smith, Jarrad Davis, CJ Mosley
Shawn Williams, Derwin James, Kevin Byard

These guys just won me my first ever dynasty title. Byard was my top scorer thanks to his last minute interception.
Living proof that defense wins championships.

If I'd played Doug Martin, Fitzgerald and Baldwin it would've been the highest score of the season.
Thank you DLF and the forum.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:48 pm

Pix wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:23 pm Jared Goff
Ezekiel Elliott, Jamaal Williams, Tevin Coleman
Michael Thomas, Robert Woods, Alshon Jeffery
Evan Engram
Calais Campbell, DeForest Buckner
Roquan Smith, Jarrad Davis, CJ Mosley
Shawn Williams, Derwin James, Kevin Byard

These guys just won me my first ever dynasty title. Byard was my top scorer thanks to his last minute interception.
Living proof that defense wins championships.

If I'd played Doug Martin, Fitzgerald and Baldwin it would've been the highest score of the season.
Thank you DLF and the forum.
Made the mistake of sitting Byard, cost me- his points would of made me 2/2
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:59 pm

Eagerly (?) awaiting stat corrections. Play in a deep 16 tm league with lots of IDP and am only up 5 pts! So hopefully it holds up.

Got 2nd in another league after having my 2nd worst week of the season. Not a good time for my team to drop the ball.
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:28 pm

Great. I had a top notch team all year and was neck and neck with the other top team mid season at 7-2 with most points. Then I tried to get cute and started Jack Doyle over Ebron a few weeks and Marlon Mack over Aaron Jones due to matchup and lost four straight to be 7-6 while my main opponent rose to 12-2. Absolutely obliterated my opponent who was 8-5 in week 14 and locked down the final playoff spot over him.

My team got wrecked by injuries throughout the end of the year. I lost Conner, Aaron Jones, Sony Michel (for portions) and Baldwin (although he was essentially useless most of the year anyway). Luckily I had such ridiculous depth at RB that I was able to weather the storm. I outscored every single team both weeks of the playoffs and won it all for the second straight year.

Thought I was toast when Mixon only dropped 8.5 given that I wasn’t expecting much more than 10-15 from Kamara after his mid season slump, but he finally came through when it mattered most. Also Tennessee D was a godsend in the playoffs.

Not a single person in my league wanted me to win. They were bleep talking me all offseason saying I couldn’t back my championship and that I only won last year cuz it wasn’t for money the previous year. Well they can all screw themselves, I have nothing more to prove in that league. Most points but missed playoffs in year 1, most points + ship in year 2, second most points + ship in year 3. Didn’t even wanna do the league this year but they were being such babies talking so much smack so I gave in. I am the best fantasy football player in that league and it’s not even close.

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:50 pm

Won one by 4.7 points, lost one by 0.3 points.
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.

John Paul
Role Player
Role Player

Postby John Paul » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:00 am

I won my first dyno championship as well as a keeper league. So two out of three leagues I play I took it home. I'm pleased.
10 Team PPR Dynasty (2012 Startup) 2018 1st 2019 2nd 2021 2nd

QB: Matt Stafford(Trade '22), Kirk Cousins(Trade '22), Baker Mayfield(Trade '22)
RB: Jonathan Taylor(Trade '21), ETN(trade '22), Breece Hall(1.02 '22), Deon Jackson (WW '23), Michael Carter (trade '23)
WR: Drake London (Trade '23), Jahan Dotson (Trade "23), Allen Robinson (Trade '22), Brandin Cooks (Trade '23), John Metchie III(2.02 "23), Rondale Moore(Trade '21), Kyle Philips(4.05 '22), Curtis Samuel (Trade '23)
TE: Kyle Pitts(Trade '22), Logan Thomas (WW "23)
LB: Logan Wilson (WW '22), Zaire Franklin (WW'23), Matt Judon (WW '23)
DB: M Fitzpatrick (WW '22), I Simmons (WW "23), Jamal Adams (WW "23)
DL: Chase Young(3.08/'20), Aidan Hutchinson (WW "23)

2023: 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.08, 2.04
2024: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2
2025: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:08 am

I'm in three leagues, and for Christmas this year, I got a superflex title, and two 3rd place finishes in 1qb leagues. My most successful year to date.

gmoftheyear
Captain
Captain

Postby gmoftheyear » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:08 pm

Went fine for me since I didn't make it......
QB- R. Wilson, Garoppolo, Fields, Ridder, Rudolph, Hooker
RB- Ekeler, Mostert, Pacheco, Dillon, Dobbins I/R
WR- Metcalf, Pickens, Higgins, DJ Moore
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

No PPR, Start 2 QBs, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 FLEX,1 K, 1 DEF/ST. 6 pts all touchdowns
2002 Points Champion, 2007 HTH Champion, 2014 HTH Champion

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:44 pm

I play in a total of 22 leagues (2 small keepers, 4 redrafts, 16 dynasties/large keepers). I made the playoffs in 18 of them, made the finals in 12 of them, went 7-5 this week. Couple teams that didn't make it out of the semis really disappointed me and a few teams in the finals got hurt with both injuries in game or before the game. In one league I lost Gurley (had no cja), OBJ, and Conner (had Samuels) and those missing pieces cost me the title. In another I lost Hunt in the season, then lost Brieda in the game which probably cost me the title. In another I lost Hunt and my opponent picked up Damian Williams a few weeks back so that sucked...plus if I played Foles instead of Trubisky I would have won. In another my opponent just crushed it...Aaron Rodgers put up too much.

Though on a funny note, in one of my main leagues I lost Wentz and played Allen, lost Conner and played Samuel, lost Gurley and played CJA and lost OBJ who would have replaced Samuel or CJA at flex and still won.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0