MFL glitch left Gurley in my lineup- what would you do?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

What would you do as a comish?

Leave Gurley- official lineup is official
70%
Put in Arob- owner clearly put him in and MFL glitches
30%

Total votes: 50

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Re: MFL glitch left Gurley in my lineup- what would you do?

Postby Water Buffalo » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:47 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:08 pm
hockeyBjj wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:20 pm So, what's the only way this situation could get worse?

Our comish handled it horribly. Changed his mind three times as the game was going on. Ended up posting a poll kinda like this one to a dynasty nerds Facebook page and they said put Arob in since lineup issues were a known issue in this league and I talked as if I had certainly already made the change and that poll result was what comish went by (for the record, I never did double check as I was busy with my extended families Christmas this afternoon). The ruckus of it all has caused 4 people to quit the league

I won by less than Allen Robinson's points

The guy I beat's son messaged me to explain why he was so angry in the group chat and irate that I didn't have to suffer with a 0 from Gurley. Apparently his dad, who I was against, is dying of cancer and got all excited when he saw kickoff and Gurley in meaning he had a good chance of winning. Then upset when he saw me say it was a mistake and comish start to lean my way (then away from that, and then back again)

So yeah. Everything about this sucks, and for bigger reasons than stupid bleep fantasy football. If he had told me sooner I would have just said screw it leave Gurley
Who would want to win in this fashion? Dude's a loser if that's the case. I wouldn't take a title if a guy lost cuz he had Gurley in today, and had viable alternatives on the bench.

I've got a few vacancies in a really great Superflex salary cap / contract league. Let me know if you are interest. You seem to have a fair-minded view of things and had some bad luck ending up with this nightmare group of quitters and "win at all cost" types.
So very much this. Are people really trying to win their championship games against 0's from injured guys?

I commish a league and I would 100% side with the OP and swap in Arob *IF* he was overall a good attentive owner with a good track record and he did indeed make a comment about it in league chat (totally different story if there was no league chat message). If that caused people to be a bunch of little bitches and quit the league because of it, so be it. Worst thing your commish could have done was waffle on the issue though.

TireFactory
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby TireFactory » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:26 am

gausec wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:28 am What a wild tale, I would side with the OP. I think like others said it depends on how you're phrasing the message, but I think had you said I'm starting Arob instead of Gurley then you are in the right. Technology can be messed up, truthfully I cannot fathom why so many guys went into a tizzy about the outcome. Sure its unfourtante but at the end of the day its still a game and you had every intention of pulling Gurley. I know you said you used the mobile site, but I would like to throw this out there that the app is very glitchy. I've had the same issue with the app, evidently one of my leagues uses lineups set by API or something along the lines of that, if you used the app to switch it wouldn't override it. Last week in a different MFL league, it didn't process my waiver request, tried dropping Bortles for Foles.
Exactly. To the person who mentioned becoming a commissioner of a league, but worrying about issues like this, add into the bylaws for the league that league members must use "official MFL app to update his/her lineup". These things can be easily addressed up front, especially by reading this forum and hearing of the issues.
This is a game and, in my opinion, should not make or break my happiness factor for the day/week/year. I let it get to me sometimes, which drives me nuts, but that's my own problem. Whether you're the winner or second place, does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? I consider you the winner. Good job.

Just my thoughts.
12 Team Dynasty League - .25 PPR
25 player roster - Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2-3 WR, 1-2 TE 1 D, 1 K
QB - Roethlisberger, Jones, Carr
RB - Mixon, Cook, Robinson, Gordon, Lindsay, Michel, Darrynton Evans, Deejay Dallas
WR - Hopkins, Boyd, Lockett, Slayton, Shepard, Cooks, Harry, Hightower, Sutton - IR
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Herndon

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:58 am

Over 6 years in 12, 28, and 30 team leagues, I’ve never had or experienced issues with ‘MFL glitches’. Have I had owners mess up and not hit Submit or Save? Absolutely.

I get it is garbage to lose like this, but that’s on the owner, otherwise just do bestball. It sucks winning that way too, but it is the same to winning when a guy gets hurt and a goose egg. Keenan Allen, Lamar Miller, or even Kiko Alonso (Active, but played no snaps after playing 100% on the season) result in matchup swings. That’s part of ‘the game’. Bending the rules shouldn’t occur.

I think there were a bunch of weak plays here. Looking for the rules to be bent, waffling as Commish on how to proceed, and playing a sickness card afterwards. It doesn’t surprise me that owners are leaving if rules get bent in such a key moment. I’m surprised so many side with it, and frankly think if the OP had been on the other side (‘they switch his lineup after the fact!’) then people would have replied the other way. Expect future ‘MFL glitch didn’t change my lineup!’ complaints in the future and be ready to be consistent. Also expect someone to play the fence and see how things go until mid-game to decide if they push it (I said I wanted to switch in the chat, but will see who does better and then make my complaint...).

Should have sucked it up and taken ownership IMO. Shocked so many support such a flimsy, mid-game change, especially during championship week. Next thing you know people will be supporting collusion.
Last edited by FiremanEd on Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:11 am

We use MFL and the Gurley owner had no problem removing him and putting someone else in. I've never personally had issue submitting a correct lineup. I say you must keep the lineup as is as you can't adjust things after the fact, especially during championship week.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

jonf86
Starter
Starter

Postby jonf86 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:08 am

Really interesting issue and discussion. I think ultimately, glitch or not glitch, you need your opponent's blessing to make the lineup change. It's each person's responsibility to set their lineup and ensure it's done correctly.

I would hope you opponent would understand your situation and intent and have compassion. Mistakes happen, but I wouldn't force the change and I think the commish made a mistake here.
QB: D. Watson, T. Taylor, J. Driskel, J. Johnson, C. Rush, N. Sudfeld, M. White
RB: C. McCaffrey, C. Carson, K. Johnson, R. Penny, J. Samuels, D. Pumphrey
WR: J.J. Smith-Schuster, R. Woods, L. Fitzgerald, J. Nelson, M. Gallup R. Switzer, B. Berrios, C. Batson, R. Higgins, J. Kearse
TE: G. Kittle, I. Thomas, J Doyle, W. Dissly, J. Leggett, J. Gresham, T. Conklin
16 Team Dynasty (PPR). Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, FLEX, SFLEX
2018 Champs

QB: M. Stafford, J. Garoppolo
RB: I. Crowell, J. Williams, A. Abdullah, C.J. Anderson
WR: C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, W. Fuller, M. Valdez-Scantling, D.J. Chark, E. St. Brown, J. Kumerow, R. Higgins, C. Meredith, J. Kearse
TE: D. Njoku, H. Henry, C. Herndon, G. Everett, I. Thomas, J. Leggett, W. Dissly
14 Team SuperFlex Dynasty TE 1.5 PPR and .15PPY, WR PPR, RB .25PPC and .5PPR, QB: 4 Point TDs
Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, OP

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:21 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:42 pm For the medium, it was browser on my phone. Chrome. No idea if our comish has some bad settings or what as it hasn't ever happened my other MFL league or last year with this league but has absolutely hit others through regular season and always a debacle. This was the first time I got bit by it

Totally get the people voting against me as well. It's a hell of a sticky situation and sucks all around. Comish decided to go my side since I talked in league chat about it (yes, with time) before the kickoff and the guy I'm against announced he's quiting the league and so is his son
You should have to live with the lineup that is in the system. I would quit the league too. It is your job to make sure your lineup is set correctly, glitches are not an excuse. You should be embarrassed by this post and you should be even more embarrassed that you brought it to the league and you have a commissioner who changed and outcome due to your baby like whining.

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:00 pm

thebeast wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:21 am
hockeyBjj wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:42 pm For the medium, it was browser on my phone. Chrome. No idea if our comish has some bad settings or what as it hasn't ever happened my other MFL league or last year with this league but has absolutely hit others through regular season and always a debacle. This was the first time I got bit by it

Totally get the people voting against me as well. It's a hell of a sticky situation and sucks all around. Comish decided to go my side since I talked in league chat about it (yes, with time) before the kickoff and the guy I'm against announced he's quiting the league and so is his son
You should have to live with the lineup that is in the system. I would quit the league too. It is your job to make sure your lineup is set correctly, glitches are not an excuse. You should be embarrassed by this post and you should be even more embarrassed that you brought it to the league and you have a commissioner who changed and outcome due to your baby like whining.
:clap: Agreed. It's each owner's responsibility to make sure their lineup is set how they like. You typically have 7 days to make sure your lineup is correct and to your liking. If you have issues with correct lineups on your phone, go to a desktop. In this reported case, it was a glitch that prevented the owner from setting a correct lineup. Sounds like the issue is with MFL not the other owner to believe the lineup he's seeing as active, isn't really active and instead it's a different lineup all together. The other owner should win and the glitched out owner should take this as a learning lesson. Could have contacted the commish before kickoff to verify your lineup as this was a known issue. It was an important game. The commish could then make appropriate changes if needed but this didn't happen. Tough lesson to learn but it's what's on the scoreboard that counts. Not woulda, coulda, shoulda.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:22 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:58 am Over 6 years in 12, 28, and 30 team leagues, I’ve never had or experienced issues with ‘MFL glitches’. Have I had owners mess up and not hit Submit or Save? Absolutely.

I get it is garbage to lose like this, but that’s on the owner, otherwise just do bestball. It sucks winning that way too, but it is the same to winning when a guy gets hurt and a goose egg. Keenan Allen, Lamar Miller, or even Kiko Alonso (Active, but played no snaps after playing 100% on the season) result in matchup swings. That’s part of ‘the game’. Bending the rules shouldn’t occur.

I think there were a bunch of weak plays here. Looking for the rules to be bent, waffling as Commish on how to proceed, and playing a sickness card afterwards. It doesn’t surprise me that owners are leaving if rules get bent in such a key moment. I’m surprised so many side with it, and frankly think if the OP had been on the other side (‘they switch his lineup after the fact!’) then people would have replied the other way. Expect future ‘MFL glitch didn’t change my lineup!’ complaints in the future and be ready to be consistent. Also expect someone to play the fence and see how things go until mid-game to decide if they push it (I said I wanted to switch in the chat, but will see who does better and then make my complaint...).

Should have sucked it up and taken ownership IMO. Shocked so many support such a flimsy, mid-game change, especially during championship week. Next thing you know people will be supporting collusion.
:doh: Some of these leagues man...

Ole Ed pretty much took the words out of my mouth. A group chat convo doesn't matter to me in this case whatsoever. It takes two seconds to check the matchup after setting your lineup to double check it's correct.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:47 pm

I use MFL Platinum 2018. I absolutely hate the MFL site and refuse to set my lineups, blind bid, or waiver wire from it. F#%k MFL.

And yes, I've had this problem. I've kicked myself in the bleep for not checking to confirm the lineup was actually registered with MFL.

This happened in week 15 where I meant to start Brees but instead I had Andrew Luck in my lineup. Net result is that I gained a few points as Brees poop'd the bed that week.

It also happened to me on Thanksgiving weekend when I picked up the Cowboys DST and they didn't make it into my lineup. I had to grab another DST and that cost me a win.

I've had other leaguemates occasionally mention they had the same issue. And yup same for them, they didn't check after submitting.

So once again......F#*k MFL. They have the nerve to charge us for hosting our leagues on their crappy service, the least they could do is develop an App that's at least as good as MFL platinum but without the kinks.
Last edited by jordanzs on Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:55 pm

And I just read the whole thread. The whole "dying of cancer thing and excited to see Gurley left in your lineup" is a bit too much and kinda blows their credibility. I would take the money & let them quit.

But in a vacuum, I voted that you gotta keep Gurley in the lineup. I commish several leagues, and I've told the owners "make sure to doublecheck next time" like I tell myself when I'm in a hurry & forget to check.

jonf86
Starter
Starter

Postby jonf86 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:18 pm

OP, what are you going to do? Most of the comments and results of the poll seem to be on the side of keeping Gurley in the lineup. Just curious if it's changed your mind at all.
QB: D. Watson, T. Taylor, J. Driskel, J. Johnson, C. Rush, N. Sudfeld, M. White
RB: C. McCaffrey, C. Carson, K. Johnson, R. Penny, J. Samuels, D. Pumphrey
WR: J.J. Smith-Schuster, R. Woods, L. Fitzgerald, J. Nelson, M. Gallup R. Switzer, B. Berrios, C. Batson, R. Higgins, J. Kearse
TE: G. Kittle, I. Thomas, J Doyle, W. Dissly, J. Leggett, J. Gresham, T. Conklin
16 Team Dynasty (PPR). Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, FLEX, SFLEX
2018 Champs

QB: M. Stafford, J. Garoppolo
RB: I. Crowell, J. Williams, A. Abdullah, C.J. Anderson
WR: C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, W. Fuller, M. Valdez-Scantling, D.J. Chark, E. St. Brown, J. Kumerow, R. Higgins, C. Meredith, J. Kearse
TE: D. Njoku, H. Henry, C. Herndon, G. Everett, I. Thomas, J. Leggett, W. Dissly
14 Team SuperFlex Dynasty TE 1.5 PPR and .15PPY, WR PPR, RB .25PPC and .5PPR, QB: 4 Point TDs
Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, OP

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:39 pm

You are aware that MFL Platinum is a 3rd party app and is not affiliated in any way with MFL? I do agree it would be nice if MFL did make their own app - if Yahoo & ESPN can do so it is likely in MFLs best interest to create their own app - guess it depends on their cost/benefit rationale.

Btw it looks like the developper of MFL Platinum responds to comments on his app in the Google Play Store.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..