Spencer Ware (and rest of KC backfield) 2019 outlook

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Badkins1121
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Spencer Ware (and rest of KC backfield) 2019 outlook

Postby Badkins1121 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:34 pm

Elroypedro wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:25 pm Damien just got a 2 year extension, which is a really positive signal from the Chiefs. Imo only way he doesn’t start next year is if he is injured or a mid round rookie comes in and wows like Hunt did
:dance:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:46 pm

Well, if they don't bring back Ware, they're surely drafting an RB for depth.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:22 pm

Rumor suggests that Damien Williams needed the extension to pay off the loan he took out to buy a TMZ video ... ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:17 am

ninotoreS wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:55 pm I may have already said it in this thread, don't remember, but Damien Williams' 2019 prospects with KC probably depend on how he plays in the postseason.

If he stays hot for the duration of the playoffs, his odds of entering '19 as KC's lead-back aren't bad.
OR he could just get extended right the hell now. :$

Seems to be a decent chunk of change (by RB standards), too. Apparently, Brett Veach feared Damien might get away in free-agency. Extending him now implies Veach believes Damien won't slow down during the postseason, and that he'd only become more expensive to re-sign.

Ofc, this is all nice for those of us that picked up Williams. But I'm still expecting an RB committee next season, albeit now it seems Damien has a clear shot at a prominent role in said committee.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:24 am

Elroypedro wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:25 pm Damien just got a 2 year extension, which is a really positive signal from the Chiefs. Imo only way he doesn’t start next year is if he is injured or a mid round rookie comes in and wows like Hunt did
Teams need RB's and with Ware leaving it makes sense. It doesn't mean he's going to be their starter, but it's certainly good for him. I would personally love to see Yeldon in that offense.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:06 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:24 am
Teams need RB's and with Ware leaving it makes sense. It doesn't mean he's going to be their starter, but it's certainly good for him. I would personally love to see Yeldon in that offense.
I'd like to see Corey Grant there myself, but with limited cap space i think they draft a rb as opposed to signing a more expensive free agent.
Last edited by Orenthal Shames on Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:56 am

Woo ! Excellent !
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:46 am

What is Williams’ value predraft? Sell high window depending on how he does in the playoffs?
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:28 am

TB3falcons wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:46 am What is Williams’ value predraft? Sell high window depending on how he does in the playoffs?
Mandatory wait and see if you ask me. People wanted to sell high on Hill. Then on Hunt. And most recently on Mahomes. Maybe selling featured Chiefs isn't the best idea - if Williams gets the role.

As for Williams specifically, maybe he can be the guy. Maybe not. I really don't know, but it seems like the rhetoric will be who shares the load while dismissing the possibility he carries it himself. The Chiefs have always been willing to commit to one guy if they believe he can do it. They were super high on him coming into the year (I didn't understand why tbh), and he's shown real well in the tiny sample so far. There's at least 2 more games for him to put on some good tape, hopefully 3 or 4 games, and if he keeps looking good I think there's a very real chance he'll enter 2019 as the feature back with a 3rd or 4th rounder as his backup. It's hard to imagine they'll invest a 1st or 2nd in a RB, unless someone falls much lower than expected, and I definitely don't see them committing real $ to anyone with so many other players to take care of and holes to address.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:05 am

Wonder if this will be Alex Collins/Peyton Barber/etc. 2.0

Maybe the big difference between KC and those other teams is KC appears to have a big-time offense for years to come...which could make holding Damien/Darrel much easier than sweating out the situation like Collins/Barber/etc. So far what Pittsburgh and KC have shown is just plug and play the RB...maybe LA showed that too.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:21 am

Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:28 am
TB3falcons wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:46 am What is Williams’ value predraft? Sell high window depending on how he does in the playoffs?
Mandatory wait and see if you ask me. People wanted to sell high on Hill. Then on Hunt. And most recently on Mahomes. Maybe selling featured Chiefs isn't the best idea - if Williams gets the role.

As for Williams specifically, maybe he can be the guy. Maybe not. I really don't know, but it seems like the rhetoric will be who shares the load while dismissing the possibility he carries it himself. The Chiefs have always been willing to commit to one guy if they believe he can do it. They were super high on him coming into the year (I didn't understand why tbh), and he's shown real well in the tiny sample so far. There's at least 2 more games for him to put on some good tape, hopefully 3 or 4 games, and if he keeps looking good I think there's a very real chance he'll enter 2019 as the feature back with a 3rd or 4th rounder as his backup. It's hard to imagine they'll invest a 1st or 2nd in a RB, unless someone falls much lower than expected, and I definitely don't see them committing real $ to anyone with so many other players to take care of and holes to address.
Couldn't agree more with this. Unless you're loaded, or in desperate need of picks, I dont see how a random second would be enough to not just hold and see. The potential payoff is just too great.
16 team league

XxBallMeBlazerxX
Rookie
Rookie

Postby XxBallMeBlazerxX » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:38 am

His value, I would say 3rd or 4th rounder. Maybe a 2nd to a desperate, naive owner. His sell high window would be now. I like Damien Williams but he isn’t a feature back. He will likely play a compliment piece in a committee (something like Chris Thompson) until he is eased out or be an extra body for the backfield. But who knows for sure until the start of next season. Andy Reid knows how to get the most out of his running backs.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:29 pm

XxBallMeBlazerxX wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:38 am
His value, I would say 3rd or 4th rounder. Maybe a 2nd to a desperate, naive owner. His sell high window would be now. I like Damien Williams but he isn’t a feature back. He will likely play a compliment piece in a committee (something like Chris Thompson) until he is eased out or be an extra body for the backfield. But who knows for sure until the start of next season. Andy Reid knows how to get the most out of his running backs.
Couldn't disagree more. A 3rd or 4th is nearly worthless in a deeper league, or most leagues honestly.

His isn't the long term answer but if, and it's still a big if at this point, Williams gets the lead role, within this system I don't see how he isn't a top 15 rb in 2019. He has the size and athleticism to be a factor in this system.

Holding to find out is worth losing out on a late round pick personally, but to each his own.
Last edited by Orenthal Shames on Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16 team league

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:44 pm

Williams isn't a long-term lead back, but he could be interesting as a COP back in Reid's offense. A 4th round pick isn't much of a sell high. Right now, you're better off using him as a sweetener in a deal for a stud than hoping to get great value individually.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:30 pm

XxBallMeBlazerxX wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:38 am
How can this be his sell high window if you'd sell for a 3rd or 4th rounder? Makes no sense...
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich