Offer Tyler Boyd for Hunter Henry?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Offer Tyler Boyd for Hunter Henry?

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:28 am

TE cost my team 2 sig bad this year. If I got any production I could have beaten the guy who had Kittle last week. I already traded J. Samuels, RSJ, and a 5th for Gesicki and acquired Shaheen as a long shot in the hopes that Burton doesnt work out. Thinking about offering Tyler Boyd for Hunter Henry to the best team in the league (who already has Kelce as well). He could use WRs but I'm hesitant to give up a guy in his 3rd year coming off a 1000 yard season. Part of me also thinks this could be his peak value. What do y'all think I'm sure some of you are going to say thats not enough for Henry but I'd like to know why considering his production was never elite pre acl tear
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Offer Tyler Boyd for Hunter Henry?

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:14 pm

Boyd>Henry by quite a large margin.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:21 pm

I'd look for a little bit more in return but I don't mind it

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:30 am

I like Boyd - but I don't ever see him being a very valuable fantasy asset where I think Hunter Henry could be a top five TE.

The Punter
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby The Punter » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:41 pm

Boyd is a nice young talent but with TE being such a wasteland I would rather go with H.Henry and hope he can stay healthy/become a reliable fantasy asset.
12 Team, PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex

QB: R.Wilson, J.Garoppolo
RB: J.Mixon, A.Jones, K.Dixon, J.Williams, J.Wilkins, A. Blue
WR: M.Thomas, K. Allen, M.Evans, W.Fuller, C.Sutton, M.Williams, M.Valdes-Scantling, E.St.Brown, K.Cole, D.J. Chark
TE: H. Henry, R.Gronkowski, H.Henry
D: Jaguars, Browns
K: None Currently

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:49 pm

Go for it if you really need a TE I guess, but I'd try to buy Hunter Henry from his owner for nothing but picks and dynasty dollars tbh.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:06 pm

I wouldn't trade my Hunter Henry for Boyd.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:31 pm

With the emergence of Mike Williams as a red zone threat, I really don't see Henry's upside. I'd rather take the guy that scores more FF points, personally, unless you are stacked at WR. Henry's has never hit 600 yards or 50 receptions in a season, I think he's a good football player but I don't see elite numbers. Boyd is one of the best slot receivers in the game right now and only 24. I like both players, but I don't think Henry's ceiling is all that high. I think under the current circumstances, with Boyd being a borderline WR1 and Henry being out with a torn ACL, the Henry side should be adding.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:06 am

AussieMate wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:06 pm I wouldn't trade my Hunter Henry for Boyd.
Funny. I wouldn't trade my Boyd for H.Henry.

Why? AJG is fairly close to his downward trajectory imo. Not done but maybe a couple years out most likely. Boyd has solidified himself as a go to wr2 and has shown big game upside and a nose for the stripe. Boyd may not be a true fantasy wr1 but, he is close and at worst is a wr2. Not sexy, but many league championships are won by wr2's with big game chops. Henry is coming off an ACL, which in itself isn't horrible, but, he will be in a messy receiver by committee approach. M.Williams gradual emergance along with K.Allen, and M.Gordon put Henry's target share (when healthy) in question each week. Rivers is good at spreading it around and yes, P.Rivers is very good but he too is getting much closer to the end of his NFL career.

Now, this is likely best answered based off of league scoring and the league specifics but, the only real advantage that Henry has in this discussion is he plays position that is REALLY beat up right now league wide so positional scarcity boosts the value of Henry while it does little for Boyd as wr is usually quite deep. I could see this one being close to a push, but for me, I'd side with Boyd quite easily. He has really taken positive strides this year and I choose not to minimize those steps in favor of positional scarcity.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:33 am

I wouldn't move Boyd for Henry outside of maybe a TE premium league.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1