League Winner Quit the League... What to do?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: League Winner Quit the League... What to do?

Postby M-Dub » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:29 pm

skip wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:15 pm I'm not sure why you can't just let someone new take over the team? Is there a requirement for a team to be a bottom feeder/rebuilder to get a new owner? Frankly, I'd much rather see an owner leave when they're on top.
This x1000.

Why in the world is everyone trying to make this so complicated? Just find a new owner for the team and be thankful you don’t have to convince someone to take over a complete disaster. Stop with this redistribution of wealth nonsense.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:02 pm

Let the new owner take the team over as is - no forced dispersal. If for some reason he does win the next 3 straight championships maybe some of us will chip in and refund the sour grapes owners. :lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:02 am You either let a new owner take over or do a whole new startup. As for going from 10 to 12, you basically put that to a vote and let the league decide. If you do, then you definitely do a new startup.
This
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:50 pm

Lmao.
12 team league (Year One) Updated Week 14 2018 Season
DYNASTY GIANTS - 1pt PPR League Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Flex (WR/RB/TE) K, D
Team Name: Keep It Green

QB-Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota
RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor
TE-Austin Hooper, Jimmy Graham, Ian Thomas
K&DEF- Matchup Stream Weekly
2019 pick Early 2nd, Late 2nd, Late 3rd, Late 4th
------------------------------------

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:34 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:51 am Ya that's a very good team, but far from invincible or guaranteed to stay at the top forever.
Agreed. Heck I had 2 rosters in 12 team at least as good that didn't win the ship this year!
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:28 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:02 am You either let a new owner take over or do a whole new startup. As for going from 10 to 12, you basically put that to a vote and let the league decide. If you do, then you definitely do a new startup.
This is my thought too. If you are all worried about a new owner having a stacked team maybe time to refresh the league. Not sure it should be a concern but maybe. If you move to 12 teams you are doing a re-draft of the entire league anyway.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:46 pm

Relax and let new owner have that team. I lost in semis of a 12 team(1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLEX) where I had the following:

Rodgers, Trubisky
Saquon, Fournette, McKinnon, Coleman, KJ, Breida, Hyde, D Williams, +
Adams, Hill, Evans, Hilton, Baldwin, Alshon, Miller, Moore, +
Kelce, Henry, Herndon

Lost to Mahomes, CMC, Gurley/CJA, Samuels, AB, JuJu, Kittle. There was a 3rd super team too that lost to them in the finals with I think Luck, Kamara, Conner, Chubb, MT, Thielen, Ebron

Then I won in a 10 team with my squad in sig that wasn’t as good as any of those 12 team squads.

Not that it is all luck but once you’re in the playoffs it pretty much is.
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:00 am

A disposal draft offers a great opportunity to bring more parity to your league. Not only do you break up the dominant team, but it gives some of the lesser teams an chance to upgrade their rosters. It also allows the new owner to draft a team of his own design. Everybody wins.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:09 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:00 am A disposal draft offers a great opportunity to bring more parity to your league. Not only do you break up the dominant team, but it gives some of the lesser teams an chance to upgrade their rosters. It also allows the new owner to draft a team of his own design. Everybody wins.
:think: Maybe let the new guy disperse the talents to create a team of his own design :thumbup:

Not sure how you consider it a win for the incoming guy if you scatter his best players around the league. Definitely a potentially major win for the rest.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:13 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:09 pm
Hottoddies wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:00 am A disposal draft offers a great opportunity to bring more parity to your league. Not only do you break up the dominant team, but it gives some of the lesser teams an chance to upgrade their rosters. It also allows the new owner to draft a team of his own design. Everybody wins.
:think: Maybe let the new guy disperse the talents to create a team of his own design :thumbup:

Not sure how you consider it a win for the incoming guy if you scatter his best players around the league. Definitely a potentially major win for the rest.
He gets the pleasure of paying & not having to stress about making the playoffs. :ewink:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:20 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:13 pm

He gets the pleasure of paying & not having to stress about making the playoffs. :ewink:
Ahh, good point Zen master :pray:

Process gets rigged and he gets ribbed for missing the postseason. Both for his pleasure :wink:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:24 pm

A dispersal draft doesn't work that way... I'm sure it's explained somewhere on this forum. Maybe even in this thread :think:

Huh
Starter
Starter

Postby Huh » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:51 pm

M-Dub wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:29 pm
skip wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:15 pm I'm not sure why you can't just let someone new take over the team? Is there a requirement for a team to be a bottom feeder/rebuilder to get a new owner? Frankly, I'd much rather see an owner leave when they're on top.
This x1000.

Why in the world is everyone trying to make this so complicated? Just find a new owner for the team and be thankful you don’t have to convince someone to take over a complete disaster. Stop with this redistribution of wealth nonsense.
This x1000

We’ve had two new people in our leagues history. I took over a garbage team and the next year someone got an awesome team. Nobody complained. Just let someone take over the team. It’s everybody else’s job to get better, not make someone worse as they walk in the door.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:39 pm

This x1000.

Agreed. It makes no sense to me that this is even a discussion.

Did all the guys who are complaining about a new owner getting a good team offer up their best stud to a new owner when a garbage team became vacant?
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:01 pm

Vcize wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:39 pm
This x1000.

Agreed. It makes no sense to me that this is even a discussion.

Did all the guys who are complaining about a new owner getting a good team offer up their best stud to a new owner when a garbage team became vacant?
x2. Let the new owner have the team, especially if it's a free league. Who cares. Even if not, this will be the easiest orphan takeover imaginable.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06