Can Henry be trusted this week?

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.

Can Henry be started this week?

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes: 57

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Can Henry be trusted this week?

Postby ArrylT » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:25 am

I was one late TD away from regretting my choice to start Jackson over Henry in one of my leagues lol.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:20 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:18 am trusted absolutely 100% yes without equivocation trust henry if you are retarded ........ trust him like that hot ex girlfriend you had that banged all your friends and the clerk at piggly wiggly and the papa johns delivery guy ! You know you remember that one time on christmas eve she did you in the shower and baked a pie for your mom and dad ( who she was fondling under the dinner table) yeah trust henry like you trust her ?
I am NEVER inviting Henry to a family Christmas...

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:30 pm

Friction wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:29 pm I was joking. I doubt they rest Barkley Week 15. Even 16 would seem strange. I thought my sarcasm could be detected when j said, shutting down Kessler was no easy task.
Too bad you were joking or it may have been one of the gutsiest/best calls of all time..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:18 pm

I voted yes he could be trusted - but I couldnt convince myself to start him over guys like Chubb, Fournette or Barkley, in part due to starting requirements like start only 1 RB or 1 flex spot. :oops: :wall: :lol: :wtf:

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:41 am

Valhalla wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:20 pm
clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:18 am trusted absolutely 100% yes without equivocation trust henry if you are retarded ........ trust him like that hot ex girlfriend you had that banged all your friends and the clerk at piggly wiggly and the papa johns delivery guy ! You know you remember that one time on christmas eve she did you in the shower and baked a pie for your mom and dad ( who she was fondling under the dinner table) yeah trust henry like you trust her ?
I am NEVER inviting Henry to a family Christmas...
week 14 - that was the shower scene
week 15 - she baked that pie for your parents
week 16 - everyone thrusts into starting lineup and BOOM here comes piggly wiggly & papa johns times ?
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:23 am

While one dimensional, Henry is dominant at his one dimension. He is strictly a north and south runner with very limited use in the passing game but he brings a level of size, speed, and power that very few RBs do.

My question is how the Titans coaching staff can be so blatantly terrible at their jobs?

Their offense has been awful all year long, yet for some reason they refused to give Henry more than a few touches and let the bust Marcus Mariota be the focal point of the offense?

Henry is a volume rusher, either give him 20+ carries in the game or don't play him at all.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:30 am

Started him in team two behind Gurley and Kamara :)

I still don't trust him, but he'll be my rb3 for the championship game now
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:16 am

Wow :surprised:

He's long been a trade target of mine and I was finally able to trade for him near the low point of his season and was criticized heavily by league mates for how much I paid (his owner was a bit of a truther and didn't want to let go for less than a late 1st)...our final deal looked like this.

Give: Marquez Valdes-Scantling, '19 2nd, '20 2nd
Get: Derrick Henry, '19 3rd

Starting to feel better about making that strong move. MVS has disappeared and Henry seems to be turning the corner towards becoming what I thought he could be.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:11 am

As they sometimes say - I would do that deal every day of the week & twice on Sundays. I think you paid a fair if slightly cheap price.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:17 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:11 am As they sometimes say - I would do that deal every day of the week & twice on Sundays. I think you paid a fair if slightly cheap price.
It was not a popular trade at the time of completion. MVS was having 100 yard games and Henry was useless. I def took a bit of a risk to get my guy :thumbup:
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:26 am

btv802 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:17 am
ArrylT wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:11 am As they sometimes say - I would do that deal every day of the week & twice on Sundays. I think you paid a fair if slightly cheap price.
It was not a popular trade at the time of completion. MVS was having 100 yard games and Henry was useless. I def took a bit of a risk to get my guy :thumbup:
Well I do believe that you have to give something to get something - and these are the types of trades you want to accomplish imo - where you get a player you believe in at a cost that may look pricey in the moment, but if it plays out the way you hope due to your belief in the player you're acquiring long term it is a cost you can live with.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:30 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:26 am
btv802 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:17 am
Well I do believe that you have to give something to get something - and these are the types of trades you want to accomplish imo - where you get a player you believe in at a cost that may look pricey in the moment, but if it plays out the way you hope due to your belief in the player you're acquiring long term it is a cost you can live with.
Buy low, sell high
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:34 am

IR1 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:30 am Buy low, sell high
It will be interesting to see where his offseason ADP settles after this outburst because it was previously in freefall. I tend to think there are more doubters of Henry than believers so I dunno if he'll actually be a great sell.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 am

49ersFaithful80 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:23 am While one dimensional, Henry is dominant at his one dimension. He is strictly a north and south runner with very limited use in the passing game but he brings a level of size, speed, and power that very few RBs do.

My question is how the Titans coaching staff can be so blatantly terrible at their jobs?

Their offense has been awful all year long, yet for some reason they refused to give Henry more than a few touches and let the bust Marcus Mariota be the focal point of the offense?

Henry is a volume rusher, either give him 20+ carries in the game or don't play him at all.
This is a good point and it's looking like something Matt LaFleur is starting to understand. It's brutal for defenses to continue tackling a player with his size, strength and speed continuously. He wears down on you. And, it helps that Tennessee's line is getting back to what they used to be.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:54 am

Career narrative shaping up for DH - is Henry the RB equivalent of Russell Wilson? That is, he's built for playoff runs and comes alive (i.e. most productive FF wise) with the physical grind of playoff & end of season football. Yet is average to disappointing the first 10-12 games of the season.

In other words, enjoy the rest of the season run. And don't worry, Henry will be back to being David Bannister on opening day and no doubt showered by the masses singing "I knew he was a bust all along!" LOL