New O coordinator in Mn?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

New O coordinator in Mn?

Postby Jfever » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:01 am

Defillippo Fired..... Kind of expected this a month from now. He and Zim haven't been seeing eye to eye.

Wow. Wonder if this will help the O-line to block better?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: New O coordinator in Mn?

Postby Balzac » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:30 am

JFever wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:01 am Defillippo Fired..... Kind of expected this a month from now. He and Zim haven't been seeing eye to eye.

Wow. Wonder if this will help the O-line to block better?
If that was the only problem he would still have a job. It's a good move when every game has to be won. The offense has been super bad this year.
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 6 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:31 am

I think it's hard to evaluate the pass & run games when the o-line is getting blown up so often. I'm sure there's more to it behind the scenes.

Even before this news, the Vikings were poised for a big game next week, home vs the Dolphins. I think we'll see Dalvin Cook get about 25 carries.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:09 pm

I agree that DeFilipo isn't / wasn't the only problem. Part of it is the decision to procrastinate on the improvements everyone knew the Minnesota O-line needed. Zimmer is part of that. I think the other part is a personal one. I'm thinking that the communication between Head coach and O-coordinator was less than ideal. At the same time, I think Defilipo's hands were a bit tied. Early on in the year the Vikings offense was cruising. The passing game was on. Lately, Zimmer has been banging the drum for the run game to get more involved. Problem is, the run blocking is near non existent and there seems to be some regression in the pass blocking - resulting in more pressure and less time for Cousins, Thelein, Diggs, etc. If I had to guess, I think it comes down to how responsive to adjustments the offense has not been when Diggs and Thelien are doubled.... Why the &*^% aren't Cooks and Rudolph putting up HUGE games. This has to be at the root of the firing. There is NO reason that one couldn't scheme something up with the abundance of skill that is on that offense. Maximize strengths, minimize weaknesses. Take what is given....

I hope GB hires DeFillipo.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:35 pm

Fins, Lions, and a Bears team that won't have much, if anything, to play for. I don't know how much the next few games will do, but that could very well be the point. The majority of football fans just follow what the media says and the trendy bandwagon opinion to jump on. Just pull up any internet article or social media post with commentary on this and you will see. I was just laughing at some of the comments while on lunch. To be honest, it's no secret that he was not doing a great job recently, but the Oline is trash, Cousins is who he is (maybe a rich-man's Dalton?), and the run game looked a lot better last year. I actually liked the combo of Murray/McKinnon, but there was more to the offense than that. This was discussed already in a Keenum/Cousins debate on here recently. They will limp into the playoffs and have a winnable first game, albeit as underdogs. I just don't see any way this team could win 3 straight road games in the playoffs, possibly the last two against LA and NO, the first one maybe a cold weather game against the best defense in football. Dallas would be an intriguing game, but I actually think that is a very even game. Dallas is not an intimidating venue to play in, kind of like the Lakers for basketball, but they are very hot right now on both sides of the ball.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:13 pm

His play calling was downright awful and he wouldn't listen to his boss. Bad look x 2. I'd be surprised if he got an OC job this offseason.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Dang near getting shut out on prime time / national TV with an 85 million dollar qb, D.Cook, A.Thelien, S.Diggs, and K.Rudolph....

See ya Flip. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. Hopefully this message resonates with some of the players. What a disappointing year. Good thing that the Vikings are still very young, still have their 2019 draft picks, and are without too much worry with contract issues.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:20 pm

They need to let Barr go. He makes one play every two weeks. Plus they've re-signed all of their guys the past few years. It's not a bad thing to let in some new blood, keeps things fresh and have everyone on their toes.

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:14 pm

This is good for the whole Vikings offense except Thielen. It isn’t necessarily horrible for Thielen but he is the only one that doesn’t stand to see likely fantasy improvement from a change in OCs
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:06 pm

Hopefully all Vikings Fans will go vote for the Vikings in the Polls I created to determine what NFL Teams the DLF Forums members support and percentage of each fan base makes up the Forum. Polls are in the NFL Discussion Forum.

viewforum.php?f=81
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:39 am

For those thinking Cook heavy workload with the interim OC, they promoted the quarterback's coach and he'll be calling plays. So not sure exactly what that means
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:00 pm

Supposedly, some believe that Stefanski, not Shurmur, was behind a lot of the success of MIN's passing offense last year. If true, this could actually be a blessing in disguise for MIN's offense.

Source: https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/11/john- ... ta-vikings
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:49 pm

Meh, the offense was more successful last year for sure. I watched every single game and while the play-calling seemed better, a lot of the explosive plays were when Keenum extended plays or escaped a sack after the line broke down. I am sure plenty of people would love to take credit for that, but I am fairly certain the call from the sidelines was not along the lines of, let the play breakdown and improvise, see what happens. I get that the hot hire was the Philly Special guy and there has to be some truth to not letting him go with Shurmur to NY. Always a scapegoat when things falter. It was not Cousins, it was Washington, it was the Oline, it's the coordinator, etc. When sh$t hits the fan, it's a little bit of everyone to blame, but someone needs to be the fall guy.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry