Justin Jackson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Justin Jackson - Must Start this week?

Postby Phaded » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Well, I am starting him.. Sigh.

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:18 pm

I feel like while most people seem very unhappy about having to start Jackson on this forum, most people in my leagues are pretty ecstatic to have him today. At least the Chargers didn't mess around and have Ekeler or Gordon as decoy starters.

He may not be a healthy Gordon, but I'd be happy to start him against KC today. Heck, I'm facing him in the DFL Premium semis, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:49 pm

I've got him over Edward's and Jordan Howard. Redraft league and Howard and Collins were supposed to fight for my RB2 spot... ugh

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:50 pm

There. 17 points ain't half bad for a backup fill in rb, ey?

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:31 am

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:50 pm There. 17 points ain't half bad for a backup fill in rb, ey?
Nope! For the past 3-4 weeks that would put him in the low end RB1 / high end RB 2 zone. Basically 10-15th.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Sfoster2625
Role Player
Role Player

Justin Jackson

Postby Sfoster2625 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:07 am

Is this guy still worth a hold? If they move on from Gordon which I think they will will he get a decent roll or will it be the ekeler show like the beginning of this year?
Qb: Mahomes
Rb: Jacobs Ceh, Damien williams, Vaughn, rojo, fournette, Singletary, akers, snell, devontae booker, boston Scott
Wr: devante Adams, godwin, juju, mclaurin, diontae johnson, mims, Allen Robinson, gallup, Preston Williams
Te: hock, fant
Cb: Kyle fuller, Carlton Davis
S: Jamal Adams, Justin poyer
Edr: nick bosa, Joey bosa, Josh Allen, Jpp, emmanuel agbah
IL: Chris Jones, Jonathan Allen
Lb: Darius Leonard, Roquan Smith, greenlaw

1QB
10 team league
32 man roster
0.5 point ppr
6 point pass td

Idp scoring is even with offense

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Justin Jackson

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:50 am

If I was in charge (hahaha) I'd be letting Gordon walk. I think that's quite obvious as they didn't come to a deal and I would think Gordon will be good enough to get one elsewhere. Ekeler is an RFA next year but I expect the Chargers keep him.

So that leaves Ekeler and Jackson there. I LOVE Ekeler, however, I think Jackson as an early down back (occasionally) would help out the offense and keep Ekeler in on more passing downs.

I could see something like Jackson getting 10 carries and maybe a few targets per game. While Ekeler gets 10-15 carries with 5 Rec a game.

They could draft a RB, I think they have much more pressing needs, but it could still happen. I am currently holding Jackson in a few leagues. I think his situation is almost guaranteed to increase and I'm going to try and gain some value from that

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:48 am

He's worth a hold if you have room, but I'm not sure how big his role will be next year even with Gordon gone. I'd expect the Chargers to draft or sign another RB to be a better compliment to Ekeler. Jackson isn't a big back and don't see him being a player who can handle the type of load Gordon has. Even in the beginning of the year when Gordon was out, he averaged something like 7 ppr points.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:54 am

He's worth a stash but I'm pretty sure the Chargers are adding a RB next year.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:11 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:48 am He's worth a hold if you have room, but I'm not sure how big his role will be next year even with Gordon gone. I'd expect the Chargers to draft or sign another RB to be a better compliment to Ekeler. Jackson isn't a big back and don't see him being a player who can handle the type of load Gordon has. Even in the beginning of the year when Gordon was out, he averaged something like 7 ppr points.
Interesting to note, when Justin Jackson hit the scene - a lot of people were very excited about his chances to be exactly this, based on his extreme bellcow usage in college and how he had remained almost injury-free whilst doing it.

Of course, he's been plagued by injuries this year just like any normal NFL player.

I see the Chargers drafting another RB in 2020 too.