Ronald Jones

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Counterfeitjr
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Ronald Jones

Postby Counterfeitjr » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:04 pm

Is there any hope for this guy? Will Tampa give him some run next season?
Team 1
12 team .5 ppr Dynasty. Start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 2 flex.
Qb- Watson, Bryce Young
RB- Jacobs, Rachaad White, Deandre Swift, Akers. Gainwell, Malik Davis, Rojo
Wr- T.Higgins, Ridley, Watson, Njigba, Addisin, Alec Pierce, Josh Downs
Te- Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, Gesicki

2023 - 1.4, 1.5, 2.4, 2.9, 3.5
2024 - (4)1st, (2) 2nd's.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Ronald Jones

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:08 pm

I can't see TB not addressing their RB situation in some capacity. He'll be fighting an uphill battle. I was never big on his game transitioning well to the NFL, and actually avoided him at all costs, so I am biased, but the Bucs will probably look at it as a sunken cost. Doesn't mean he can't win a role, but I think they will address the position in the off-season.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:11 pm

It is also worth noting that the Buccaneers currently are the worst team in the league at run blocking as per Football Outsiders.

This year is clearly a write-off; but the Buccaneers would be wise to improve their offensive line to get a run game going, give RoJo a chance and thus take some pressure off the passing game / Winston.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:28 pm

I think they have too many needs on Defense and the Offensive Line to invest heavily in the draft at the RB position again this year, especially when Defense and OL are some of the strengths of this class and RB a weakness. Obviously this doesn't rule out addressing it in free agency, but we shall see. RoJo has enough talent and draft capital investment to warrant giving him at least another year to prove himself versus just writing him off all together.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:29 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:28 pm I think they have too many needs on Defense and the Offensive Line to invest heavily in the draft at the RB position again this year, especially when Defense and OL are some of the strengths of this class and RB a weakness. Obviously this doesn't rule out addressing it in free agency, but we shall see. RoJo has enough talent and draft capital investment to warrant giving him at least another year to prove himself versus just writing him off all together.
Yes this should be one of those drafts where every pick, or close to it, is on defense.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:47 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:29 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:28 pm I think they have too many needs on Defense and the Offensive Line to invest heavily in the draft at the RB position again this year, especially when Defense and OL are some of the strengths of this class and RB a weakness. Obviously this doesn't rule out addressing it in free agency, but we shall see. RoJo has enough talent and draft capital investment to warrant giving him at least another year to prove himself versus just writing him off all together.
Yes this should be one of those drafts where every pick, or close to it, is on defense.
There is also free agency to address the RB position, I think they will address it in some capacity.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:05 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:47 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:29 pm
There is also free agency to address the RB position, I think they will address it in some capacity.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:47 pm

Jones' talent is questionable, though TB's offensive line has not done well in run blocking. So, the RB in the backfield isn't necessarily the problem. I don't really know how that backfield shakes out though. Dirk Koetter is probably gone after the season, so there will be a new system. I feel like the RB that you want to invest in is not currently on the team.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:11 pm

I know they say to give rookies time but I sold this guy for pennies earlier in the year. In a deeper dynasty league I'd hold since there is no other option

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:22 pm

I all but guarantee Tampa will address RB either in the draft or in free-agency. There's a bunch of decent free-agent RBs this offseason, so I'm guessing free-agency is the better bet.

Either way, unless they sign Bell, expect the starter's role to be totally up for grabs in training-camp, especially if there's a coaching and/or GM change. The draft capital argument in favor of Jones is probably void if Koetter gets the axe.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:27 am

Let Rojo Play...They're not even giving him a shot. That coaching staff is terrible

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:04 am

never really liked him. but if i could snag him for a mid 2nd or later i would do it. line problems, rotating qb, bad coaching give him a pass to me for his lack of production. I am scared quite a bit that he was inactive a bunch, but his draft capital makes buying him low worth the risk.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:32 am

This TB coaching staff seems to be one of the worst and least prepared in the entire league. Their defense is poor, their ST are uninspiring, their def was supposed to be much improved.... but isn't, and the way they manage their qb situation is mind boggling.... yet, they occasionally still win a game here and there. They, to me are that dynasty team that isn't aware that they are in the middle. At least if you are aware that you are struggling, you can rebuild or, if you are toward the top you can compete. They are basically in NFL purgatory imo.
I don't think much can be determined as far as Rojo. I don't think he is near as bad as some think he is. There have been many discussions with poster here digging their heals in and voicing their thoughts that Rojo was / is / will be a bust. I'm not saying they are wrong, what I am saying is we don't have enough info for me to make that claim with confidence. I've watch a lot of his NCAA career at USC and there is much more there that hasn't been tapped into during his time in the NFL. I'm genuinely curious as to how this shakes out for him and TB in general. There is a short list of franchises that I feel are inept or borderline inept. They (the Bucs) are on that list.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.