Tom Brady: End of an Era?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Is Tom Brady droppable in 1QB leagues?

Postby Valhalla » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:03 am

Life of Pablo wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:18 am
Valhalla wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:27 am
Phaded wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:42 am I have him in my 1QB league but I also have Winston & Baker. I will be aggressively trying to move him in the offseason; otherwise I may move on.

He is good still - but not the same.
I’d rather have Brady than Winston
Damn really? I get Winston's an idiot who could screw himself out of a job again, but still. Unless you legitimately don't like him as a person or something, which is fair.
I guess I'm projecting Brady to play two more years of game-manager plus level of play. I'm expecting Winston to be an in and out starter for the next two years before the NFL finally realizes he just shouldn't be a starter. So...yeah. Other than disliking the guy, I don't think he's going to be as reliable as Brady over the next two years, and think they may both be worth next to nothing after that (one being retired and the other being a backup).
Really, I'm not looking to own either one of them.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:11 am

I can't believe anyone would prefer Winston to Brady... Has not Winston demonstrated time and time again that he needs to be replaced? There is nothing he brings to the table that is helping Tampa become a winning franchise.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:17 am

skip wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:11 am I can't believe anyone would prefer Winston to Brady... Has not Winston demonstrated time and time again that he needs to be replaced? There is nothing he brings to the table that is helping Tampa become a winning franchise.
Agreed. Commentators and draft "experts" still love him as they don't want to have been so wrong on him.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:42 pm

I would take Winston over Brady in any format. Sure, he has made some bad decisions (on and off the football field) but this can be corrected with decent coaching and he is still only 24. He has also been playing extremely well since coming back from his benching, has no offensive line and one of the worst running games (if not the worst) in the league. The Bucs are a horribly run team; something that no one player can correct. Even a guy like Aaron Rodgers cannot overcome the disaster that Green Bay has become (and he is arguably the best QB in the league).

Give me the upside of Winston over a rapidly declinining Brady who I think will be lucky to even be a mid range QB2 next year if he does not retire.

mchriste619
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mchriste619 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:40 pm

Gronk is probably retiring this off-season. Brady is no longer an auto starter at QB 1.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:24 am

Brady's stats are nearly identical to last season. Nearly. Obviously in his 40's the end is coming, but I don't believe his play has faltered much, or at all. He's scoring 1 fantasy point per game less than last year. If a few of those rushing tds from his full-back/running backs had been throws he'd be a qb1. Some people want to panic but have no real basis for it. A few QBs are playing out of their minds, but Brady is doing just fine. Just look at his career stats and you can see he is steady:

https://fantasydata.com/nfl-stats/playe ... -tom-brady

I think at this point he's a hold, the opportunity to trade him was after last season. The next opportunity would most likely be during next season. Don't sell him low this offseason.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:12 am

Count me in with those who think he's gone after the season, especially if the Patriots don't make a deep run.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:00 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:12 am Count me in with those who think he's gone after the season, especially if the Patriots don't make a deep run.
If Brady plays one more season, he'll pass Peyton Manning's career passing yards. He should also challenge and pass Manning's career TD total as well. While the "rivalry" between these two was manufactured by the media, I suspect that quietly these are both goals he'd like to reach.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:51 am

skip wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:00 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:12 am Count me in with those who think he's gone after the season, especially if the Patriots don't make a deep run.
If Brady plays one more season, he'll pass Peyton Manning's career passing yards. He should also challenge and pass Manning's career TD total as well. While the "rivalry" between these two was manufactured by the media, I suspect that quietly these are both goals he'd like to reach.
Agreed

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:11 pm

I truly believe that Tom Brady believes he can play until he is 45.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:18 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:11 pm I truly believe that Tom Brady believes he can play until he is 45.
Some guys have it in them to want their records to be so difficult to surmount it just furthers their legend status. I think Brady has that drive.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:28 pm

I agree - I think it is quite possible that Brady wants there to be no doubt as to who the G.O.A.T. QB is.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

We Have to Watch Tom Brady Again...UGH!

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:03 am

I'm not interested in watching the Super Bowl. Aren't we all tired of Tom Brady and the Patriots?

C'mon Rams! But I doubt it.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: We Have to Watch Tom Brady Again...UGH!

Postby Phaded » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:06 am

I would still rather Brady win than the team that does not deserve to be there.

I hate Brady and the Pats as much as anyone, but I do have a lot of respect for what they have accomplished.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: We Have to Watch Tom Brady Again...UGH!

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:09 am

jtsmalls wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:03 am I'm not interested in watching the Super Bowl. Aren't we all tired of Tom Brady and the Patriots?

C'mon Rams! But I doubt it.
Nope

(And I'm a Chargers fan)