Playoff Debacle

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Playoff Debacle

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:37 pm

Yeah, it's a terrible way to miss the playoffs. But no need to correct something that just happened as part of the game. it is what it is, though we can all understand why that owner would be salty about it.

Last year after winning my Week 13 game by a point, I was in the playoffs. Then on Wednesday a stat correction changed the scoring and my "win" was now a tie. I ended up falling out of the playoffs due to an NFL stat adjustment that changed my record. It stinks, but these things happen.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:55 pm

Counterfeitjr wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:27 pm To be clear, I agree to not touch this. The team involved was whining, and I was looking for outside opinion. I appreciate all the feedback!
If he was on the other side, he'd probably be gloating over his opponent's misfortune.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:00 pm

There is no playoff debacle at the moment, but there will be if you change the score to compensate for Wentz's kneel downs. The way you have to look at this is, if you made an adjustment to the score to compensate for the kneel downs, which are in fact lost yards, then that would mean that the other team that made the playoffs fair and square, would then be cheated out of their playoff berth.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:26 pm

He shoulda just told one of his other skill players to catch another pass....

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:02 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:17 am
hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:53 am This is just one of those biting moments

The quarterback lost 3 yards

You lost .3 points

That's how it works
Yup, if you a adjust that then you can bring up the case of say a guy who should've scored but took one for the team and pulled up on the one yard line to keep possession and burn the clock, most likely wouldn't happen but its a can of worms that shouldn't be opened. For better or worse we play for the box score and whatever that records that's what you get
Exactly. We know for a fact that some teams won-lost when Gurley took a knee instead of scoring that touchdown a couple of weeks ago. Change the Wentz score, then the Gurley owner will want the points for the yards and touchdown from the taking the knee play, and that too could shake up the playoff teams again. Things could get very messy, very quickly.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:07 pm

This type of thing happens all the time. It’s not uncommon for a close fantasy game to be determined by a couple of kneel downs. I’ve been on both sides of the kneel down win/loss (although not when the playoffs are at steak). It’s a sucky way to lose, that’s for sure. But that’s the way the cookie crumbles, and it could have just as easily been that owner on the other side of the coin.

FFChamp
Rookie
Rookie

Postby FFChamp » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:59 pm

I feel like this was amplified by the fact it was the Monday nighter. Would this have even been noticed if it happened in an early Sunday game? That is just how this game goes sometimes and the owner needs to get over it.