Chiefs to host CJA/Char. West

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Chiefs to host CJA/Char. West

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:51 pm

CJ seems like the better talent, but West played in the system. Anything to see here?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Chiefs to host CJA/Char. West

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:12 am

For now, I suspect it's the third-string 'job' that's up for grabs here by one of these two. Darrel would be at risk of returning to weekly inactive status.

If they choose West, I'm certain of it. West would only be reliable depth, and not a lock to beat out Darrel for active status.

If they choose Anderson, I'm a little bit more intrigued, because I think he'd be a sneaky threat to usurp Ware as the nominal lead-back. Not immediately, but maybe after a few weeks and during the postseason.

Damien's role I think would be unaffected. I think he might be the most secure of all these guys in his depth-chart position as the #2. His straight-line speed is the trait that stands out from the others for its singular utility to this Mahomes offense. I don't think he's really lead-back material, but his size at least makes him credible in the defense's perception as a between the tackles runner, and his pass-catching skills and threat as a runner in space are better than replacement-level.

Something that stands out to me regarding all these RBs is that every one of them is a plus pass-catcher (even Darrel). Reid seems to be going all in on putting this season's result on Mahomes' arm.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:30 am

It's a mess either way. I don't think you can touch this backfield next week. Especially if they sign someone

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:36 am

West signed. Makes sense since he already knows the playbook. I don't think this signing changes much.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06