Potential Points on ESPN?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Potential Points on ESPN?

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:29 pm

This may be a thread for Commish Corner, but is there a way to track potential points on ESPN? Looking to switch over draft position for non-playoff teams to prevent tanking (starting next year of course). But we are on ESPN and I haven’t seen a way to determine the optimal scoring points.

Rob

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Potential Points on ESPN?

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:29 pm

I think I see what you're wanting or trying to do.

ESPN tracks the aggregate points scored for all players played by each team in the standings tab as "PF". This part is easy.

The only way that I know of to track "potential points" would be to go to your league's scoreboard, and click on "Quick Box Score" for each game, for each week.

Just under "Total Points" there is a link to "Show Bench". That will give you the bench points for both teams in that game. When you click show bench, it will display both teams bench points for that game below the actual box score of the game.

Then what you would have to do is manually enter each team's bench points, for each week of the season, into a spread sheet such as Excel.

Then add the bench points up in the spread sheet.

Then: Total points scored + total bench points = aggregate points for each team.

All you're tracking manually is the bench points; so this really wouldn't be hard if you kept track of each team's bench points in a spread sheet each week of the season. It would probably only take you about 1 minute for each game played in your league each week.

HTH

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:32 am

As far as I know (I commish a league on ESPN), this isn't readily available anywhere. Tracking manually sounds like a nightmare.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:18 am

Yeah I was looking and couldn’t find it. No intention of doing it manually. Was just looking for a way to prevent tanking.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:49 am

slaughterrt wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:18 am Yeah I was looking and couldn’t find it. No intention of doing it manually. Was just looking for a way to prevent tanking.
Ah, the annual tanking issues.

As of today, I recommend either of these: 1) allow tanking or 2) potential points, even if you have to manually do it.

At least you will only have to do it once, after playoff seeds are determined.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:32 pm

Wile E. Coyote wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:29 pm .
I think I see what you're wanting or trying to do.

ESPN tracks the aggregate points scored for all players played by each team in the standings tab as "PF". This part is easy.

The only way that I know of to track "potential points" would be to go to your league's scoreboard, and click on "Quick Box Score" for each game, for each week.

Just under "Total Points" there is a link to "Show Bench". That will give you the bench points for both teams in that game. When you click show bench, it will display both teams bench points for that game below the actual box score of the game.

Then what you would have to do is manually enter each team's bench points, for each week of the season, into a spread sheet such as Excel.

Then add the bench points up in the spread sheet.

Then: Total points scored + total bench points = aggregate points for each team.

All you're tracking manually is the bench points; so this really wouldn't be hard if you kept track of each team's bench points in a spread sheet each week of the season. It would probably only take you about 1 minute for each game played in your league each week.

HTH
This is not how Potential points works. Potential points is the theoretical best starting lineup you could have submitted had you started the top performers at each position each week fo the players on your team for that week. Potential points is NOT a sum of your starting lineup and your total bench player scores.

I commish a redraft on ESPN. I will check again, but I doubt ESPN calculates potential points.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:49 pm

If you tracked it manually weekly I don't think it would be so bad but going back and doing 13 weeks of games would completely suck. I haven't played on ESPN for a couple years but never saw an option for potential points.

https://sites.google.com/view/dynastyff ... authuser=1

I found this on reddit, in "other downloads" it's supposed to be some kind of excel potential points calculator for ESPN.