Kareem Hunt Live Interview

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kareem Hunt Live Interview

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:32 am

Just heard the Hunt live interview with Salters and was not impressed. Seemed like he was seeing himself as the victim and seemed like his top priority was getting back to the NFL. Also thought that he deserves forgiveness for everything that transpired. Also he contradicted himself at least once in the interview about seeking treatment after the incident. I’ll give him a pass on that since it was a live interview and maybe he got mixed up or misheard/misspoke.

Doesn’t seem like he really regretted what happened other than getting caught. Just my opinion of course, but he didn’t seem like his priority was “righting” himself as a man or “getting help” for himself. His default was to rebuilding the trust of “everyone” and getting back on the football field.

This certainly doesn’t inspire me to believe he sees the errors in his ways and makes a change to better himself.

I don’t think he deserves another chance, especially after this interview.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: Kareem Hunt Live Interview

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:41 am

I'm looking forward to him getting back on the football field. Hopefully sooner than later.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:48 am

Yeah that was a bust of an interview. When you request the interview and she asks you why, why would you not have a well thought out prepared statement? He didn't look great, the video is awful, he is a POS human being it sounds like, however I'm still disappointed my Chiefs cut him. Call me a terrible person.
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:49 am

Hunt is on the commissioner exempt list and we all know goddell hates those type of players. Not sure hunt will come back fast
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:49 am

What a dummy.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:21 am

embe5291 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:48 am Yeah that was a bust of an interview. When you request the interview and she asks you why, why would you not have a well thought out prepared statement? He didn't look great, the video is awful, he is a POS human being it sounds like, however I'm still disappointed my Chiefs cut him. Call me a terrible person.
You're a terrible person.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:31 am

FiremanEd wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:41 am I'm looking forward to him getting back on the football field. Hopefully sooner than later.
I’m not. I think if these things are marginalized they keep happening. It’s too bad, but I hope he becomes the example that once you are a pro you need to conduct yourself like a pro.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:56 am

FiremanEd wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:41 am I'm looking forward to him getting back on the football field. Hopefully sooner than later.
Hopefully he's banned from the league along with any other people who do the same thing.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:02 am

Ironically, it seems like the Chiefs’ biggest issue here was that he lied to the organization. This is supposedly why he was cut: broken trust. I 100% understand that organizations need to be able to trust employees, but this completely misses the point of the real issue here.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:17 am

Its weird that his PR team did not prep him a little better for this interview. I get it, most are not in professional sports due to their brain power and being quick thinkers on their feet. Most regular people struggle with this. Even a guy like Lebron James looks night and day when his team preps him and gives him a good game plan (The Decision aside), as opposed to when he has to talk on his own without rehearsing or coaching.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:22 am

slaughterrt wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:02 am Ironically, it seems like the Chiefs’ biggest issue here was that he lied to the organization. This is supposedly why he was cut: broken trust. I 100% understand that organizations need to be able to trust employees, but this completely misses the point of the real issue here.
Could be a CBA thing- there's an established process with off field issues, but does the CBA cover how to handle a lack of truthfulness between a player and team?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:30 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:22 am
slaughterrt wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:02 am Ironically, it seems like the Chiefs’ biggest issue here was that he lied to the organization. This is supposedly why he was cut: broken trust. I 100% understand that organizations need to be able to trust employees, but this completely misses the point of the real issue here.
Could be a CBA thing- there's an established process with off field issues, but does the CBA cover how to handle a lack of truthfulness between a player and team?
i highly doubt that

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:47 am

He should be banned forever from the NFL. If I did what he did, I would be fired from my job, as would most of us on here. It's time for pro athletes to stop getting preferential treatment, because preferential treatment tends to promote bad behaviour.

Ban him forever and send a message to all the other players and prospects, if you assault another person, you are risking your entire career, including millions of dollars.

He's not sorry about what he did, he's sorry he got caught.

Flatlander19
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flatlander19 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:03 pm

steelman wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:47 am He should be banned forever from the NFL. If I did what he did, I would be fired from my job, as would most of us on here. It's time for pro athletes to stop getting preferential treatment, because preferential treatment tends to promote bad behaviour.
I disagree, cause if you, me or any average person did this no one would even know about it and no one would ever see this tape since no charges were pressed. Because he is a pro athlete people are looking to make money off it which is why the tape was sold to TMZ.
Team 1
12 team PPR 1QB, 2RB,3WR,1TE, flex
QB Lawrence, Garoppollo
RB Barkley, Jacobs, Mack, Ingram,T Coleman, Gallman,E Benjamin
WR Jefferson, Mclaurin, Godwin, E Moore, Reagor, Campbell, Hardman
TE Kittle, Tonyan
Team 2
10 team Half PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE
QB J Allen, Tua, Mayfield
RB JT, Zeke, CEH, Sanders, Javontae Williams, Drake, Penny
WR AJ Brown, Chase, DJ Moore, Ridley, Mclaurin, Amon Ra St Brown, M Williams, Davis, Campbell
TE Hockenson, Engram
Team 3
10 team Non PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1Flex, 1TE, 1 K, 1Def
QB Wilson, Lance, Z Wilson, Cousins
RB Jones, Akers, Sanders, Coleman, Pollard
WR M Thomas, AJ Brown, Golladay, DJ Moore, OBJ, Jeudy, Mims, Davis
TE Kittle, Gesicki,
K Koo, Sanders
DEF Colts

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:07 pm

Flatlander19 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:03 pm
steelman wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:47 am He should be banned forever from the NFL. If I did what he did, I would be fired from my job, as would most of us on here. It's time for pro athletes to stop getting preferential treatment, because preferential treatment tends to promote bad behaviour.
I disagree, cause if you, me or any average person did this no one would even know about it and no one would ever see this tape since no charges were pressed. Because he is a pro athlete people are looking to make money off it which is why the tape was sold to TMZ.
But the only reason charges weren't pressed is because the corrupt cops chose to shield him due to who he is. Me or you would have been charged and the video would have been played at our court case.

Have you seen the body cam footage yet? The hotel manager was very clearly trying to protect Hunt by demanding the police seize the cell phone recording of the incident. It's obvious that's a hotel regularly used by NFL players and the manager was doing everything he could to protect that relationship. The cops also chose to protect Hunt.

ps. I'm in law enforcement and am very pro-police