Kareem Hunt Live Interview

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Kareem Hunt Live Interview

Postby Jfever » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:26 pm

Yeah, I didn't mean to drag politics into it, nor did I intend on going off on a tangent or make it seem that our country is bad because of Trump being voted our president. Actually, my intent was more like - the other way around cause / effect. Trump is the effect. The cause was the general lack of caring, motivation, and information on part of the general public. My apologizes. I spoke with my Grandmother last night at length on the phone. She is 89 years old, a long ago retired nurse,and she isn't doing all that well with her health lately. Recently diagnosed with Parkinson's. Anyway, to the point, She voted for DT. She went on and on about how she regrets her vote and felt as if she was drastically misled. She said she hopes she lives long enough to have a chance to vote again and to see our country and herself learn from this mistake. I agree with you Friction on many points you made. The world of politics, entertainment, NFL / Professional sports etc are all in their own way slightly corrupt and that is because of us - the consumers of this style of entertainment. But, my point remains to an extent, the reason we are where we are, is the general lack of the value of information. If we raise that bar, and expect more and better of each other, fewer men will be doing the stupid things that are at the root of Hunt's current issue.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:34 pm

Truly Fever, no worries. I avoid political discussions for that very reason and it is one thing I try not to get too opinionated on for better or worse. I know you said you are an educator, which my mom is a retired teacher, aunt is also. They are very very liberal to the point it pushed me away from agreeing with a lot of it. Overall, i feel the same way about the majority of politicians as I do lawyers, guilty until proven innocent. I know that is the opposite basis of our country and do think healthy debate with differing viewpoints is fine. My true standing on the Hunt topic as far as our country goes is I wish the discipline/punishments (NFL and real world) would be more severe, regardless of the who, what, or whys. I think if DV and the METOO movement would not only come down on the culprits, but give an almost equal sentence to the false accusers, we would hopefully see change. Video helps a ton in a case like this, it would have been swept under the rug otherwise. On the other hand, it does a disservice to the ones who do not have the aid of video evidence when it becomes "trendy" to falsely accuse. This only hurts those who want to come forward in a case against an athlete, rock star, actor/actress, etc. I agree on the lack of caring comment in regards to the general public, it's why i have gone from strong optimist to clearly pessimistic when it comes to people as a whole. Apologies to the rest of the forum here with our Reverse Popcorn Thread moment in this thread, though it probably is better than the alternative. I am holding Hunt by the way, own him on only one team. I doubt I get any offer of significance and just cannot sell too low until something concrete take place. Even a 1 year suspension would cause me to hold and hope for better days. Thread back on track...
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:34 pm

I watched the interview and it wasn't terrible as some were saying but it was clear it was rushed, he was not coached up enough, and he doesn't seem to think fast on his feet to present his case well in a rapid fire scenario. One of the first things out of his mouth was "this has been a rough time for me" which is something nobody wants to hear lol. He then refused to comment specifically about anything, which if that's the case requesting an interview to tell "his side" is pointless. The "that's not me" sounds really lame because he's up to 3 violent incidents just this year alone. Admit that was you, but you're going to take steps to change yourself. I thought a genuine moment was when he said he didn't quite realize what he'd done until he saw it on video.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:05 pm

Agreed ^

At the end of the day, my heart goes out to him (in a way). He is a young man in his early 20's. Lots of mistakes get made by men in that demographic. I know I have my fair share of stories from 20 ish years ago, although, I've never put my hands on a woman, or got into confrontations like this situation. I can see this situation for him as a player in the NFL going either way in the long run. The human side of things is important here and I hope deeply that he learns from this and takes steps toward becoming a better dude. The NFL certainly has let players back in after some dumb / horrible mistakes so - there is that. A year ish long suspension is something i'm sure that is possible. Best case for Hunt at age 23 is that he recognizes his error, takes ownership, and cleans up his act asap, and maybe gets another chance. My gut tells me that no team will be willing to take the PR hit for a RB in this day and age though.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.