Kareem Hunt Live Interview

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
izekial
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Kareem Hunt Live Interview

Postby izekial » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:09 pm

steelman wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:47 am He should be banned forever from the NFL. If I did what he did, I would be fired from my job, as would most of us on here. It's time for pro athletes to stop getting preferential treatment, because preferential treatment tends to promote bad behaviour.

Ban him forever and send a message to all the other players and prospects, if you assault another person, you are risking your entire career, including millions of dollars.

He's not sorry about what he did, he's sorry he got caught.
i work with people that have much worse than this on their record, so no, not really. and i work for a pretty good company, not talking entry level fast food or anything. not excusing what he did, he was out of control. but the hyperbole that comes out when videos like this are released always amuses me.

now excuse me, i have to go watch grown men smash their bodies into each other repeatedly for my entertainment
12 team, standard scoring. 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 wr/te flex

QB-stafford, Luck
RB- K Hunt, A. Kamara, S Michel
WR- Beckham, A THielen, Julio Jones, S Watkins, C Davis, G Tate, C Coleman, Mike Williams, Cooper Kupp, Trey Quinn, C sutton
TE- Njoku, Gesicki, Goedart

Flatlander19
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flatlander19 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:19 pm

steelman wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:07 pm
Flatlander19 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:03 pm
steelman wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:47 am He should be banned forever from the NFL. If I did what he did, I would be fired from my job, as would most of us on here. It's time for pro athletes to stop getting preferential treatment, because preferential treatment tends to promote bad behaviour.
I disagree, cause if you, me or any average person did this no one would even know about it and no one would ever see this tape since no charges were pressed. Because he is a pro athlete people are looking to make money off it which is why the tape was sold to TMZ.
But the only reason charges weren't pressed is because the corrupt cops chose to shield him due to who he is. Me or you would have been charged and the video would have been played at our court case.

Have you seen the body cam footage yet? The hotel manager was very clearly trying to protect Hunt by demanding the police seize the cell phone recording of the incident. It's obvious that's a hotel regularly used by NFL players and the manager was doing everything he could to protect that relationship. The cops also chose to protect Hunt.

ps. I'm in law enforcement and am very pro-police
I agree with you on that they may have tried to protect him. I have watched both videos and my honest opinion is what he did was pretty minor. I have witnessed much worse done and have intervened on such with no investigation ever done and no charges pressed
Team 1
12 team PPR 1QB, 2RB,3WR,1TE, flex
QB Lawrence, Garoppollo
RB Barkley, Jacobs, Mack, Ingram,T Coleman, Gallman,E Benjamin
WR Jefferson, Mclaurin, Godwin, E Moore, Reagor, Campbell, Hardman
TE Kittle, Tonyan
Team 2
10 team Half PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE
QB J Allen, Tua, Mayfield
RB JT, Zeke, CEH, Sanders, Javontae Williams, Drake, Penny
WR AJ Brown, Chase, DJ Moore, Ridley, Mclaurin, Amon Ra St Brown, M Williams, Davis, Campbell
TE Hockenson, Engram
Team 3
10 team Non PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1Flex, 1TE, 1 K, 1Def
QB Wilson, Lance, Z Wilson, Cousins
RB Jones, Akers, Sanders, Coleman, Pollard
WR M Thomas, AJ Brown, Golladay, DJ Moore, OBJ, Jeudy, Mims, Davis
TE Kittle, Gesicki,
K Koo, Sanders
DEF Colts

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:45 pm

I don’t like what he did, but to say he should be banned forever is a bit harsh. Have you guys that believe in the banning read the description of the victim’s statement with Tyreek Hill’s pregnant girlfriend? He should be banned as well then correct?

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:16 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:02 am Ironically, it seems like the Chiefs’ biggest issue here was that he lied to the organization. This is supposedly why he was cut: broken trust. I 100% understand that organizations need to be able to trust employees, but this completely misses the point of the real issue here.
This is not accurate at all.

Incident happens - Hunt tells team nothing happened, police or no one else say otherwise - he plays

Video comes out - clear he lied - instantly cut

He was cut both for what he did and how he handled it with the team. No one can say what would've happened if he went straight to the team in February and told the truth.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:42 pm

Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:16 pm
slaughterrt wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:02 am Ironically, it seems like the Chiefs’ biggest issue here was that he lied to the organization. This is supposedly why he was cut: broken trust. I 100% understand that organizations need to be able to trust employees, but this completely misses the point of the real issue here.
This is not accurate at all.

Incident happens - Hunt tells team nothing happened, police or no one else say otherwise - he plays

Video comes out - clear he lied - instantly cut

He was cut both for what he did and how he handled it with the team. No one can say what would've happened if he went straight to the team in February and told the truth.
Lol at anyone who still believes NFL or team stories when it comes to player safety, player discipline, DVs, arrests, substances, etc.

NFL reportedly told Chiefs to 'stop pursuing' Kareem Hunt video
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-report ... 10874.html

"The league claims that it knew the video existed and made several attempts to obtain it but could not. [. . .] Many find it unusual that TMZ obtained the video while the NFL couldn’t. [. . .] According to a report from The Athletic on Saturday, the Chiefs knew that this video existed and repeatedly attempted to obtain it. The team, though, was “told by the NFL to stop pursuing it later in February once the league began its investigation.”"
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:28 pm

jimmychoi wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:45 pm I don’t like what he did, but to say he should be banned forever is a bit harsh. Have you guys that believe in the banning read the description of the victim’s statement with Tyreek Hill’s pregnant girlfriend? He should be banned as well then correct?
Hill is a POS too. However, what he did wasn't while he was employed by the NFL and he paid his debt to society. So, I understand that distinction.

But, yes I think you can make a valid argument that these players should not be granted the privilege of playing in the NFL.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:41 pm

I never understand when people do the whole “In my job I would be immediately fired if I did that” argument.

Seriously? What kind of job do you have? Unless you yourself are a pro athlete, or in politics, or have some celebrity status, I highly doubt most of you who argue that actually would lose your job or sustain any punishment from your employer.

In most cases, why would your employer even find out?

One exception would be in the case of DUIs, if you have a job that requires a CDL or something. But in most cases, an employer has little to no knowledge of your off-work vices/activities, nor would they get involved if they were made aware of them.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Flatlander19
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flatlander19 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:14 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:41 pm I never understand when people do the whole “In my job I would be immediately fired if I did that” argument.

Seriously? What kind of job do you have? Unless you yourself are a pro athlete, or in politics, or have some celebrity status, I highly doubt most of you who argue that actually would lose your job or sustain any punishment from your employer.

One exception would be in the case of DUIs, if you have a job that requires a CDL or something. But in most cases, an employer has little to no knowledge of your off-work vices/activities, nor would they get involved if they were made aware of them.
My thoughts exactly
Team 1
12 team PPR 1QB, 2RB,3WR,1TE, flex
QB Lawrence, Garoppollo
RB Barkley, Jacobs, Mack, Ingram,T Coleman, Gallman,E Benjamin
WR Jefferson, Mclaurin, Godwin, E Moore, Reagor, Campbell, Hardman
TE Kittle, Tonyan
Team 2
10 team Half PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE
QB J Allen, Tua, Mayfield
RB JT, Zeke, CEH, Sanders, Javontae Williams, Drake, Penny
WR AJ Brown, Chase, DJ Moore, Ridley, Mclaurin, Amon Ra St Brown, M Williams, Davis, Campbell
TE Hockenson, Engram
Team 3
10 team Non PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1Flex, 1TE, 1 K, 1Def
QB Wilson, Lance, Z Wilson, Cousins
RB Jones, Akers, Sanders, Coleman, Pollard
WR M Thomas, AJ Brown, Golladay, DJ Moore, OBJ, Jeudy, Mims, Davis
TE Kittle, Gesicki,
K Koo, Sanders
DEF Colts

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:35 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:41 pm I never understand when people do the whole “In my job I would be immediately fired if I did that” argument.

Current job your probably correct ... but good luck getting a new job & passing a background check with a felony or serious misdemeanor on your record.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:49 pm

It depends. When I worked for Verizon I had colleagues let go for their first DUI (no driving for work or employee vehicles in any way) and for a misdemeanor marijuana charge. Not sure how they found out or the exact circumstances with that, but it is public record. Not that hard to find out, but it's more that most employers would not be directly alerted like people in the public eye are. I have had a couple jobs that has strict policy about DUIs, drug charges, and domestic or regular assault. I never tested the system to see if it would fall through the cracks though, of course.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:08 pm

So most professionals like lawyers, bankers, and executives would have clauses in their employment contract that deals with conduct and a situation like Hunts would likely be grounds for termination. I would assume you would probably get fired if you were a teacher or educator as well as many other occupations. But no one would find out you say, that’s probably true, but most of us aren’t famous or paid multi million dollar contracts. When you are a celebrity and in the public eye then you must conduct yourself understanding that you have high visibility and people will try and bring you down. The choice to attack a woman in today’s climate was his choice alone, he will now have to live with the consequences of that whatever it may be, perhaps just 6 games, perhaps his career. But regardless of what happens he now has a lot of people rooting against him for the rest of his life, because of a choice he made.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:47 pm

If something like this ends up on the average person's record, the only job they're going to get is at Arby's.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:42 pm

A lot of people are required to report interactions with the police to their employer. Many people also have ongoing criminal record checks as part of their employment. I'm one of those people and I know many others.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:43 pm

Flatlander19 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:19 pm
steelman wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:07 pm
Flatlander19 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:03 pm

I disagree, cause if you, me or any average person did this no one would even know about it and no one would ever see this tape since no charges were pressed. Because he is a pro athlete people are looking to make money off it which is why the tape was sold to TMZ.
But the only reason charges weren't pressed is because the corrupt cops chose to shield him due to who he is. Me or you would have been charged and the video would have been played at our court case.

Have you seen the body cam footage yet? The hotel manager was very clearly trying to protect Hunt by demanding the police seize the cell phone recording of the incident. It's obvious that's a hotel regularly used by NFL players and the manager was doing everything he could to protect that relationship. The cops also chose to protect Hunt.

ps. I'm in law enforcement and am very pro-police
I agree with you on that they may have tried to protect him. I have watched both videos and my honest opinion is what he did was pretty minor. I have witnessed much worse done and have intervened on such with no investigation ever done and no charges pressed
It sounds like you're a cop, but either way, where I live that video would have resulted in automatic criminal charges against Hunt. There wouldn't have been any officer discretion permitted.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:47 pm

steelman wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:43 pm Where I live that video would have resulted in automatic criminal charges against Hunt. There wouldn't have been any officer discretion permitted.
I've seen more actual damage done in a playground fight between 10-year-olds.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE