Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: what are Hunt owners planning on doing?

Postby AussieMate » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:04 am

SlickRick97 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:48 pm Sold Hunt and Brady for MT a week ago in my SF league... Not sure how that happened
That's an amazing deal, just wow

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:07 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:49 pm Bears HC Nagy spoke with Kareem Hunt. GM says they're not even close to decided if they would sign him, just wanted to talk and see how he was doing.

Good sign for Hunt if teams are already starting to chat with him. He hasn't been Ray Rice blacklisted
I didn't think we would hear teams talking about him till training camp so I guess this could he seen as positive, interesting to hear Nagy cone out already and give the whole second chances speel planting that seed early.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:24 am

AussieMate wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:07 am
hockeyBjj wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:49 pm Bears HC Nagy spoke with Kareem Hunt. GM says they're not even close to decided if they would sign him, just wanted to talk and see how he was doing.

Good sign for Hunt if teams are already starting to chat with him. He hasn't been Ray Rice blacklisted
I didn't think we would hear teams talking about him till training camp so I guess this could he seen as positive, interesting to hear Nagy cone out already and give the whole second chances speel planting that seed early.
Chicago press is already on him about it.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:04 am

skip wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:11 am There's been much worse done by players in the league.
For example, Hunt’s former teammate Tyreek Hill. Easily a bigger scumbag than Hunt, which speaks to the complete hypocrisy of the Chiefs and the NFL as a whole.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:21 am

ajf235 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:04 am
skip wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:11 am There's been much worse done by players in the league.
For example, Hunt’s former teammate Tyreek Hill. Easily a bigger scumbag than Hunt, which speaks to the complete hypocrisy of the Chiefs and the NFL as a whole.
It's not as easy as a comparison as that though. What Tyreek did was 100x worse, yes. The Chiefs knowingly drafted him, yes. But that doesn't mean they would've been the only team to take a shot on him. The Bengals have employed questionable players. Same with the Cowboys. Patriots are known for giving people second chances, but they're looked at positively for it?

It's also not easy to compare Hunt to Tyreek because one was in the NFL and one was in college. Much easier to cut bait with Hunt and to be viewed as giving Tyreek a 2nd chance. Not speaking about ethics or anything here, just laying it out logically.

Hunt is more comparable to Rice because they were both in the league. Rice wasn't blackballed in my opinion because he was very bad before his video went viral. Hunt will likely get a 2nd chance after another year out and once people slowly forget. I'm sure everyone outside of football circles that we're immediately outraged are now perfectly fine in their everyday lives haha.

Tyreek and Mixon are more comparable because both of there incidents happened pre draft. A lot of people don't follow college or may not have known about what happened. NFL is viewed as giving them a shot while also keeping them on watch. Not saying it's right or wrong, it's just the way it is.

If you want to talk about ethics, then everyone is to blame here. The NFL, the teams, and obviously the players. Maybe even to a lesser extent, us. But are we supposed to stop watching football? What are we supposed to do? That's not a debate for here or one that I'm interested in getting involved in.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:27 am

I also realize we are likely on the same side here, ajf... Just wanted to throw my thoughts out there.

Am I supposed to cut Tyreek from my fantasy team because it will help get him out of the league? It won't because another owner will just pick him up... Same as in the NFL. Until another incident occurs, Tyreek and Mixon will continue to play for teams. The league doesn't care and the teams want to win. No one is being penalized and the precedent is what? A 6 game to 1 year suspension?

Oh and... If I was a Hunt owner I'd be holding unless a got an offer of a mid 1st. I think he's good but I also don't think he gets anywhere near as good of a situation as he had in KC.

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:38 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:21 am
It's not as easy as a comparison as that though. What Tyreek did was 100x worse, yes. The Chiefs knowingly drafted him, yes. But that doesn't mean they would've been the only team to take a shot on him. The Bengals have employed questionable players. Same with the Cowboys. Patriots are known for giving people second chances, but they're looked at positively for it?

It's also not easy to compare Hunt to Tyreek because one was in the NFL and one was in college. Much easier to cut bait with Hunt and to be viewed as giving Tyreek a 2nd chance. Not speaking about ethics or anything here, just laying it out logically.

Hunt is more comparable to Rice because they were both in the league. Rice wasn't blackballed in my opinion because he was very bad before his video went viral. Hunt will likely get a 2nd chance after another year out and once people slowly forget. I'm sure everyone outside of football circles that we're immediately outraged are now perfectly fine in their everyday lives haha.

Tyreek and Mixon are more comparable because both of there incidents happened pre draft. A lot of people don't follow college or may not have known about what happened. NFL is viewed as giving them a shot while also keeping them on watch. Not saying it's right or wrong, it's just the way it is.

If you want to talk about ethics, then everyone is to blame here. The NFL, the teams, and obviously the players. Maybe even to a lesser extent, us. But are we supposed to stop watching football? What are we supposed to do? That's not a debate for here or one that I'm interested in getting involved in.
Yeah lol, I’ll never stop watching the NFL so I’m not gonna get into a whole debate here. And I’d happily draft Tyreek or Mixon in fantasy as if don’t, someone will. Everyone’s at fault for sure, and I understand what you’re saying about second chances and the difference between something happening with a current NFL player vs a player who did something in college.

I think the Pats are a bad comparable as as much as people hate them for their on-field play and sheer dominance, the “questionable” players that they brought on to give a second chance weren’t morally questionable like guys like Mixon and Tyreek, they’ve been more guys who were fading stars, were divas or who had drug problems like Moss, Ochocinco and Gordon, not violent criminals.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:04 am

I just heard that he is being investigated for 3 off-field incidents - does anyone know what the other two are (apart from the hotel video)?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:24 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:04 am I just heard that he is being investigated for 3 off-field incidents - does anyone know what the other two are (apart from the hotel video)?
That news has been circulating for a little bit since the 1st video was leaked. Surprised not more people are talking about it. One of the reasons I think he could end up banned for good. If more incidents arise, I don't see the point in keeping this guy in the league

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:12 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:04 am I just heard that he is being investigated for 3 off-field incidents - does anyone know what the other two are (apart from the hotel video)?
I heard about the 2nd one right after the first one came out (like when it happened far earlier in the offseason, February, not the video release). 3rd one was new to me

In the summer (what I know of as the 2nd one) Hunt punched a guy at an Ohio resort. Cops showed up but the man declined to press charges

The new one that came out was from January. Apparently a KC player named Atkinson punched a dude after an argument, and Hunt was one of the others who joined in on kicking him on the ground. There was indeed a police report filed, but the man wouldn't follow up after that and so it was dropped.

You owe me 32 cents for Googling for you- https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/04/sport/ka ... index.html

Hunt 100% has a problem with getting violent and aggressive when drinking. When he returns to the league, which I think he will, the team should have him on a no alcohol and curfew policy.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:25 pm

No video on that one and it was before he became a professional. Much different situations.

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:30 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:25 pm
No video on that one and it was before he became a professional. Much different situations.
Haha I know it’s a totally different scenario, I’m just saying Hill is undoubtedly a bigger scumbag than Hunt.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:33 pm

ajf235 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:30 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:25 pm

Haha I know it’s a totally different scenario, I’m just saying Hill is undoubtedly a bigger scumbag than Hunt.
I disagree. Hill got me a boat load of fantasy points :wave:

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:37 pm

As other people have mentioned, I don’t think Ray Rice was ever necessarily explicitly blacklisted. He had already fallen off a cliff and was a bad football player at that point and a headache off the field. Pretty much a no brainer that no team was willing to take the risk on him without a league wide conspiracy.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:42 pm

Or take Antonio Brown who allegedly almost killed a toddler by throwing a vase out his condo window as he was looking for a wad of cash.

But there is no video so who cares.