Kareem Hunt Video

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Kareem Hunt Video

Postby Titans95 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:39 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:14 pm
Titans95 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:50 am
Don't good people do good deeds? What charity events have you gone to lately? Not saying giving to charity and devoting time to charity automatically makes you a good person but it makes a difference and is helping other people when they don't have to do that. That's more than the majority of society can say.

Also the charitable contribution deductions are pretty limited and its probable that they are not deducting their full contribution. Just an FYI
You can actually deduct up to 50% of your adjusted gross income in charitable giving. I would consider that pretty significant, especially considering the income these guys make. Most of these guys get with their accountant and ask what they owe in taxes, then just write a check to a charity for at least that amount. They would rather give it to a charity than Uncle Sam. Not to mention it's good publicity for them. Just an FYI.

Also I said there are good people that do good deeds. But trying to say a good deed equals a good person is terribly naive and misguided. There are plenty of charity events I've attended and met people that spend big money at these things that I have zero interest in being around. I can respect that they donated to a cause I agree with and support, but in knowing their personal lives I don't respect them as a human being at all.
I apologize I confusing Businesses with individual deduction limits when writing that up. Business's can only deduct up to 10% of taxable income. You are correct that Individual's can donate up to 50% I believe from their AGI as long as they itemize their deductions which I assume most football players do. But this is getting way off topic of football.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:04 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:45 am So cutting a check to charity (so they can write it off no doubt) and showing up to throw football with some kids (or whatever charity they devote time for) makes all these guy's good dudes? There are no doubt some good ones, and some bad ones that do some good things. Cameras on and cameras off typically reveal 2 entirely different people and an entirely different character than most see. Pro sports is much more grimy than people want to see and admit. You're confusing good deeds with good people.
So give me some numbers, facts, details...whatever you can to try to substantiate your claims. Reality is that a greater percentage of athletes are out there doing these "good deeds" than the general populace and as far as the negative aspects of their character overall you aren't going to find the high percentages you're claiming.

As to the whole deductions aspect, you make it sound like giving money to a charity somehow is financially beneficial. All is does is reduce the taxes they owe - which is only the tax on the amount they are giving away...and they are still giving away that money on top of it. It isn't saving them anything...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Metriculous
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Metriculous » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:07 pm

Let's get this thread back on track....

Many of you own a RB that you paid first round startup prices for that has a chance to never play another down.

He has 3 separate violence related issues being investigated.

He requested a nationally televised interview where he sounded like a "victim" between cracking goofy smiles and sounding totally unprepared.

And go....
Eleventeen Time Champion of a Sad Little League
Jealous much? Of course you are.

(Insert Clever Team Name That May Contain Sexual Innuendo)
A bunch of league settings you won't read anyways....numbers and such

QB - A guy with only one or two good years left in the tank
RB1 - A guy who stands charged with several minor crimes (Guilty until proven, right?)
RB2 - Young guy that is only good because of his offensive line and workload
WR1 - A guy whose metrics make up for his stone hands
WR2 - A dude who is probably too short to catch the ball
TE - This guy played basketball, right?
DEF & K - I guess we are still doing this .. :wall: ...

Bjordan554207
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Bjordan554207 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:32 pm

Metriculous wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:07 pm Let's get this thread back on track....

Many of you own a RB that you paid first round startup prices for that has a chance to never play another down.

He requested a nationally televised interview where he sounded like a "victim" between cracking goofy smiles and sounding totally unprepared.

And go....
I think it’s very very likely he never plays again.

When AP was under child abuse investigations, he missed the entire year of 2015 while on the exempt list, it’s very likely Hunt will be on it all next year.

After that he’ll have to serve his suspension, which I think is likely to be 8-10 games.

So that’s about 2 years he’ll have not played football, so he’ll likely be out of football shape, so a team will have to wait around for him to get in shape, and now he’s 25, which isn’t exactly young for a RB, all while it being a PR nightmare.

Not only that but he shows almost no remorse about the situation and I think it’s likely more incidents come out, or he does it again.

Not to mention he tried covering it up, and I doubt any team can trust a word he says about anything anymore.

I’d sell him for just about anything, and wouldn’t buy him for anything.
12 team Half point PPR
1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1Flex/Def/Kicker
Andy Dandy and the Funky Bunch
QB: Kirk Cousins, Mitchell Trubisky,
RB: Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Derrius Guice, Jamal Williams, Kenneth Dixon, Elijah McGuire, Devontae Booker
WR: Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, Tyler Boyd, Sammy Watkins, Robby Anderson, John Ross, Jordan Lasley, Albert Wilson, Isaiah McKenzie, Kendrick Bourne
TE: Tyler Eifert, Tre Burton, Gerald Everett,
Def: Ravens
K: Greg Zuerlein

2018 champ

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:22 pm

I don’t get the he’s shown no remorse claims. He said he was in the wrong and that the Chiefs made the right decision in cutting him.

Not that remorse matters because it likely has no impact on him playing again.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:57 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:22 pm I don’t get the he’s shown no remorse claims. He said he was in the wrong and that the Chiefs made the right decision in cutting him.
Of course we can’t know his heart, but he certainly doesn’t appear to understand just how wrong he was. The interview shows an immature, selfish-minded, tunnel vision kid who lacks empathy.

Now, is he young? Absolutely.

Can he change? Absolutely.

But as of right now, anyone who’s spent time around other humans for a couple decades can watch the video and see that he APPEARS to lack remorse or even clear understanding of his wrongdoing and the poor decision making that has preceded his actions (that latter point is probably the bigger deal, for Hunt’s own future)
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:33 pm

What did people expect him to do or say?

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:47 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:48 pm
perkinsrooster wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:44 pm
Bot101 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:35 pm

Apparently not after the Redskins claimed Foster.
Well there is no video so I guess it's different....somehow?
Yes, it is, very different. A video is damning, it is proof. Everything else is an accusation, he said she said.
So because there is no video of tyreek Hill punching his pregnant girlfriend in the gut it's not as bad as what Hunt did?

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:56 am

No. It is still as bad. But, without the video, social media and the public naturally get less outraged and forget it faster. Therefore, the NFL is able to sweep it under the rug quicker and without as much lash back. Stupid, but true.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Metriculous
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Metriculous » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:39 am

All of it is bad, but seeing is believing.

There is even a difference (in the minds of idiots) between audio and video.

To deny this fact is to admit that you live with your head stuck in the ground. Watch the national news a little.
Eleventeen Time Champion of a Sad Little League
Jealous much? Of course you are.

(Insert Clever Team Name That May Contain Sexual Innuendo)
A bunch of league settings you won't read anyways....numbers and such

QB - A guy with only one or two good years left in the tank
RB1 - A guy who stands charged with several minor crimes (Guilty until proven, right?)
RB2 - Young guy that is only good because of his offensive line and workload
WR1 - A guy whose metrics make up for his stone hands
WR2 - A dude who is probably too short to catch the ball
TE - This guy played basketball, right?
DEF & K - I guess we are still doing this .. :wall: ...

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:28 am

JFever wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:56 am No. It is still as bad. But, without the video, social media and the public naturally get less outraged and forget it faster. Therefore, the NFL is able to sweep it under the rug quicker and without as much lash back. Stupid, but true.
Exactly why this is all a big joke. A bad joke.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:43 am

It is bad. What is worse is the fact that this behavior is far more common than most admit to themselves. Most are too busy, too caught up in their own busy lives, and many are purposefully ignorant. People have an uncanny ability to see what they want to see, and ignore what they want to ignore if it serves some purpose. History repeats itself. Parenting and general beleif systems (right or wrong) are often times passed on within family lineages. How men treat women is one part of this. Bottom line is that this behavior is simply unacceptable. Equal treatment of women and frankly all other humans regardless of race, economics, or sexual orientation is an issue as old as time. Lets remind ourselves that the 19th amendment was passed by congress only 99 years ago. That amendment gave Women the right to vote! Think on that. Prior to 99 years ago, prior to 1920, it was COMPLETELY normal to consider women as 2nd class individuals. Far too many are ignorant in this country. Why? Because society is set up to let them skate by. That, and many are too busy trying to earn a poor living and don't have time to care about learning, improving, or caring about larger social issues. Poverty and low income situations magnify this and allow this and even encourage this to persist. In this case, the NFL is in position to do the right thing or .... the wrong thing. I assume most folks understand that the right thing here is to teach a lesson, make a statement, and this then - will be the end of a promising young running backs career. Yes, it'd be bad for him and his (fantasy owners....) but, the real issue here is that it would be a positive thing for society if the message is sent and sent clearly and decisively. I'm a father of three teenagers and - two of them are teenage daughters. Perspective is key. Do the right thing. Look beyond the tip of your nose.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:44 am

perkinsrooster wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:47 pm
thebeast wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:48 pm
perkinsrooster wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:44 pm

Well there is no video so I guess it's different....somehow?
Yes, it is, very different. A video is damning, it is proof. Everything else is an accusation, he said she said.
So because there is no video of tyreek Hill punching his pregnant girlfriend in the gut it's not as bad as what Hunt did?
Lets see if I can simplify it. Imagine your significant other finds out you have been unfaithful. Through counseling and other means you work through it together and are able to reconcile and your relationship moves forward. No way that happens if there is a video of your indiscretion that is available to your significant other. While the act is the same, video makes it worse.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:47 am

perkinsrooster wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:33 pm What did people expect him to do or say?
He was probably better off issuing a statement than doing an interview like that where he didn't even look prepared.

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:22 am

Bjordan554207 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:32 pm
Metriculous wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:07 pm Let's get this thread back on track....

And go....
I think it’s very very likely he never plays again.

When AP was under child abuse investigations, he missed the entire year of 2015 while on the exempt list, it’s very likely Hunt will be on it all next year.

After that he’ll have to serve his suspension, which I think is likely to be 8-10 games.

So that’s about 2 years he’ll have not played football, so he’ll likely be out of football shape, so a team will have to wait around for him to get in shape, and now he’s 25, which isn’t exactly young for a RB, all while it being a PR nightmare.

Not only that but he shows almost no remorse about the situation and I think it’s likely more incidents come out, or he does it again.

Not to mention he tried covering it up, and I doubt any team can trust a word he says about anything anymore.

I’d sell him for just about anything, and wouldn’t buy him for anything.
Agreed 100%. I'm selling for practically anything with some roster value, and would only buy him for a late second or equivalent value.

His ABSOLUTE best case scenario is he gets only 6 games and gets signed in the offseason so he can be on a roster and begin serving his suspension week 1 of 2019. If you're lucky, he signs with a team that has their BYE week by week 6, and he's activated and hits the field in week 7 of 2019. And if you're lucky yet again, the team that signs him in the first place is a competent franchise with a quality offense and Hunt is a top 10 back.

Now take a step back and ask yourself how realistic is that exact scenario? Anything is possible, of course, but I'd rather not take that bet.

A very/more likely scenario is also the report that the NFL is taking his other 2 alleged incidents into consideration, and handing him an 8-10 game suspension as a result of their investigation. And I think we can safely agree Hunt isn't likely to win much of a discount of anything on appeal. So you're looking at a player who you're holding onto, unable to plug into your lineup for roughly a year of FF, only to finally be able to plug into your lineup hoping he hits the road running and is reliable enough to keep starting. And despite being a good RB, Hunt is no longer on a top 3 offense, and is probably giving you low-end RB1 to high-end RB2 numbers.

I'm personally a firm believer in the old "availability is the best ability" adage, and I'd rather risk panic selling for a useful loss now, than hold on and risk being stuck with a zero in my hand later.
#FreeCoreyDavis