Kareem Hunt Video

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Monkey
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Kareem Hunt Video

Postby Monkey » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:31 am

From a purely fantasy perspective, since that's what this forum is, I would say 2nd or better to sell, otherwise hold. Unless you don't believe he is talented in his own right, if he gets signed anywhere he will be used/give you production. I would put his odds of being signed by someone in the same realm as getting a valuable player with a 3rd round or worse pick.

Again, personal feelings aside, no one cut Luck when it was clear he was going to be out of the game for a year.
If you think there's zero chance he plays again, then you don't need advice, you have made up your mind, sell what you see as worthless to someone that thinks otherwise.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:19 pm

thebeast wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:44 am Lets see if I can simplify it. Imagine your significant other finds out you have been unfaithful. Through counseling and other means you work through it together and are able to reconcile and your relationship moves forward. No way that happens if there is a video of your indiscretion that is available to your significant other. While the act is the same, video makes it worse.
I think what you mean is that the PERCEPTION is worse because it's on film. That's a marked difference than the act itself being worse than what we know others have done.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:14 pm

skip wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:19 pm
thebeast wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:44 am Lets see if I can simplify it. Imagine your significant other finds out you have been unfaithful. Through counseling and other means you work through it together and are able to reconcile and your relationship moves forward. No way that happens if there is a video of your indiscretion that is available to your significant other. While the act is the same, video makes it worse.
I think what you mean is that the PERCEPTION is worse because it's on film. That's a marked difference than the act itself being worse than what we know others have done.
Yes, you are absolutely correct.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:58 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:33 pm What did people expect him to do or say?
Idk, maybe to take some freaking ownership
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:49 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:58 pm
perkinsrooster wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:33 pm What did people expect him to do or say?
Idk, maybe to take some freaking ownership
But he is the victim because the video was leaked. That just is not what he is like and now the public does not know the real him. Have some sympathy for the guy because he is clearly sorry...

...that was supposed to be the takeaway... Right?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:00 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:47 pm So because there is no video of tyreek Hill punching his pregnant girlfriend in the gut it's not as bad as what Hunt did?
Well, there's video of Joe Mixon knocking a girl out, but he got drafted anyway. I think Hunt would've stood a better chance if this happened in school.

But, either way I'm firmly against the NFL employing anyone who hits women.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:48 pm

But, either way I'm firmly against the NFL employing anyone who hits women.

I have no problem with that whatsoever. I just find the consequences to be unbelievably inconsistent.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:50 pm

The perception is worse indeed. I don't think perception should matter. My point is that the facts should matter, not the perception.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:28 am

perkinsrooster wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:50 pm
The perception is worse indeed. I don't think perception should matter. My point is that the facts should matter, not the perception.
Unfortunately, there are few facts without video, just accusation, and speculation.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:24 am

Does anyone know what the latest Kareem Hunt could be signed this year as a FA? IE what is the transaction deadline - if any - in the NFL. After that I assume he has to wait until March 2019?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:52 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:24 am Does anyone know what the latest Kareem Hunt could be signed this year as a FA? IE what is the transaction deadline - if any - in the NFL. After that I assume he has to wait until March 2019?
That doesn't matter in this situation. No team is signing him until all the legal stuff gets worked out. If a team were going to bring him on, they would have claimed him off waivers and taken over that cheap rookie deal he is on. They wouldnt let him clear waivers then pay him more. He is done for this year for sure. How much longer after that is anybody's guess.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:12 am

I offered the Hunt owner who just lost Emanuel Sanders Golden Tate. Guessing he declines, but we'll see
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:13 am

I believe the League minimum is actually a little lower than the Rookie pay scale - plus of course they could choose to sign him to a shorter contract length than his rookie contract which ran through 2020. Maybe there are different salary cap implications if they sign him as a FA vs. claiming off of waivers. Perhaps if the transaction deadline is late enough a team will make a move if something else happens to change the spotlight. Is it likely - not really - but I'd still like to know when the latest he could be signed by a team prior to 2019 is.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:29 am

Can’t find it after 5 minutes of google searching. I’m assuming it might be the end of the league year?

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:34 am

Valhalla wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:29 am Can’t find it after 5 minutes of google searching. I’m assuming it might be the end of the league year?
Yeah I had the same issue - appreciate you taking the time. :thumbup: