Kareem Hunt Video

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Kareem Hunt Video

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:38 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:17 pm I just saw a report that Hunt attacked a man back in January at a nightclub too

https://fox4kc.com/2018/12/03/former-ch ... -says/amp/

Utter failure by the nfl to investigate is my takeaway here. They led a wild goose chase after Zeke, but sit on their hands with 3 incidents (one with video evidence) on this one?
I can tell this is made up because no one knows what George Atkinson looks like

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:16 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:05 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:59 pm
skip wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:48 pm
As to someone suggesting there are more players like Hunt in the NFL than those who aren't I don't agree with that. I believe in the grand scheme of things the reason you hear about so few of these incidents is that there are only a few of them. The vast majority of adults, athletes or not, know better.
Right. I believe there have been a few studies on it and the arrest rates etc. are actually lower for NFL players than the general public
Research done by the University of Texas at Dallas shows that the arrest rate for all men of the same general age group was nearly twice as high than as that of NFL players from 2000 to 2013.
Shhhh. You're spoiling jenkins.math's *pulled out of his arse* secret.
If you say so. Keep living in your fantasy land my man. Anybody that is close to this industry can and will tell you the same thing if they are being real with you and have no financial stake in it.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:18 pm

Friction wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:32 pm Women will always be treated like as objects by let's say 95% of pro-athletes at a minimum. That will never stop and the younger, narcissist, social media generation will only lead to worse, not better. I don't see that ever evolving from the male-side of the equation, and it takes two in that equation. So as long as there are hordes of groupies, women taking used condoms out of the trash (when they were not the original receptacle in that adventure to begin with) hoping for a quick payday, and them continue to go to these after parties/hotels/gang bangs, it will only reinforce this culture. Not saying I condone it or every woman who puts herself around an athlete deserves that treatment or is of the stereotype, they just more often than not are willing participants. It's the same with Rock Stars, rappers, actors, rich people. I don't know the full scope of the Rookie Symposium, but I have heard the condom part with both the NFL and NBA, where they instruct them to take the used rubbers with them or to destroy the evidence completely. Maybe they should work a little harder on getting these guys to not slam every decent piece of booty they see. I am not going to be the hypocrite, I remember the late teen early 20 years and which head does the thinking. Toss in some alcohol and hotties throwing themselves at you, it's a dangerous combo. I am really surprised more don't get hit with the Magic Johnson route. Speaking of Magic, read about some of his glory days and the stories. Put out or get out was there motto at the end of the night, every single night.
Do you actually think there is a significant number of women “taking used condoms out of the trash”? That this would ever be a concern shows a complete lack of understanding of science. Sperm live for less than an hour (roughly 20 mins on average) in a condom. The logistics of a used condom getting to a garbage can and then into another woman’s vagina in that time frame are almost impossible. That doesn’t even go into how insulting it is to women that you actually think there are a significant number of them that would even try to do something like this.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Flatlander19
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flatlander19 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:20 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:17 pm I just saw a report that Hunt attacked a man back in January at a nightclub too

Utter failure by the nfl to investigate is my takeaway here. They led a wild goose chase after Zeke, but sit on their hands with 3 incidents (one with video evidence) on this one?
Once again blown way out of proportion. Next we are gonna hear about him kicking a puppy in the park
Team 1
12 team PPR 1QB, 2RB,3WR,1TE, flex
QB Lawrence, Garoppollo
RB Barkley, Jacobs, Mack, Ingram,T Coleman, Gallman,E Benjamin
WR Jefferson, Mclaurin, Godwin, E Moore, Reagor, Campbell, Hardman
TE Kittle, Tonyan
Team 2
10 team Half PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE
QB J Allen, Tua, Mayfield
RB JT, Zeke, CEH, Sanders, Javontae Williams, Drake, Penny
WR AJ Brown, Chase, DJ Moore, Ridley, Mclaurin, Amon Ra St Brown, M Williams, Davis, Campbell
TE Hockenson, Engram
Team 3
10 team Non PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1Flex, 1TE, 1 K, 1Def
QB Wilson, Lance, Z Wilson, Cousins
RB Jones, Akers, Sanders, Coleman, Pollard
WR M Thomas, AJ Brown, Golladay, DJ Moore, OBJ, Jeudy, Mims, Davis
TE Kittle, Gesicki,
K Koo, Sanders
DEF Colts

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:25 pm

It seems to me that the NFLs favorite song is Video Killed The Football Star by The Buggles.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:58 pm

Flatlander19 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:20 pm

Once again blown way out of proportion. Next we are gonna hear about him kicking a puppy in the park
Nah it was less a kick and more of just shoving the puppy over as he walked past. Just disrespecting the puppy.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:12 am

@PlankMelody

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:41 am

Vid uncovered of Hunt being held back by a friend in a bar incident

Hunt has the best friends in the world who do their best to save him, but it's just not enough

Hunt seems to have an issue with looking for a fight/getting violent when drunk
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

fruity pebbles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fruity pebbles » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:59 am

So 3 incidents known about now. How many more do you think come out? I’m gonna say 2 more.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:31 am

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:16 pm If you say so. Keep living in your fantasy land my man. Anybody that is close to this industry can and will tell you the same thing if they are being real with you and have no financial stake in it.
Gross generalizations with no basis in fact and we're living in a fantasy world? I suspect that the people closest to the industry are going to tell you that players give more of what they have away than most...that they spend more time working with charities than most... I don't know about where you live but there is a local "paper" if you want to call it that titled "Jail bird" or something to that effect that comes out pretty much on a weekly basis with all of the arrests that take place in this area. If I drew similar conclusions to yours based on its content then I would have to assume that everyone here is a criminal and has been arrested at one time or another for anything from domestic abuse to DWI to meth distribution.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:43 am

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:16 pm
thebeast wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:05 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Right. I believe there have been a few studies on it and the arrest rates etc. are actually lower for NFL players than the general public

Shhhh. You're spoiling jenkins.math's *pulled out of his arse* secret.
If you say so. Keep living in your fantasy land my man. Anybody that is close to this industry can and will tell you the same thing if they are being real with you and have no financial stake in it.
None of that is surprising. It's pretty easy to point out that wealth is a pretty huge indicator of arrest rates. Considering the league minimal salary is still in the 1% of wealth in this country it makes sense. Not to mention the age NFL players are most likely is the age range that crimes are committed the most.

The problem is most of these NFL players are coming from really rough backgrounds and well below poverty, a lot of them do well adjusting to being thrown into the elite of society but its also hard for quite a few to adjust coming from some of the backgrounds that they do.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:45 am

skip wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:31 am
jenkins.math wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:16 pm If you say so. Keep living in your fantasy land my man. Anybody that is close to this industry can and will tell you the same thing if they are being real with you and have no financial stake in it.
Gross generalizations with no basis in fact and we're living in a fantasy world? I suspect that the people closest to the industry are going to tell you that players give more of what they have away than most...that they spend more time working with charities than most... I don't know about where you live but there is a local "paper" if you want to call it that titled "Jail bird" or something to that effect that comes out pretty much on a weekly basis with all of the arrests that take place in this area. If I drew similar conclusions to yours based on its content then I would have to assume that everyone here is a criminal and has been arrested at one time or another for anything from domestic abuse to DWI to meth distribution.
So cutting a check to charity (so they can write it off no doubt) and showing up to throw football with some kids (or whatever charity they devote time for) makes all these guy's good dudes? There are no doubt some good ones, and some bad ones that do some good things. Cameras on and cameras off typically reveal 2 entirely different people and an entirely different character than most see. Pro sports is much more grimy than people want to see and admit. You're confusing good deeds with good people.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:50 am

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:45 am
skip wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:31 am
So cutting a check to charity (so they can write it off no doubt) and showing up to throw football with some kids (or whatever charity they devote time for) makes all these guy's good dudes? There are no doubt some good ones, and some bad ones that do some good things. Cameras on and cameras off typically reveal 2 entirely different people and an entirely different character than most see. Pro sports is much more grimy than people want to see and admit. You're confusing good deeds with good people.
Don't good people do good deeds? What charity events have you gone to lately? Not saying giving to charity and devoting time to charity automatically makes you a good person but it makes a difference and is helping other people when they don't have to do that. That's more than the majority of society can say.

Also the charitable contribution deductions are pretty limited and its probable that they are not deducting their full contribution. Just an FYI

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:14 pm

Titans95 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:50 am
Don't good people do good deeds? What charity events have you gone to lately? Not saying giving to charity and devoting time to charity automatically makes you a good person but it makes a difference and is helping other people when they don't have to do that. That's more than the majority of society can say.

Also the charitable contribution deductions are pretty limited and its probable that they are not deducting their full contribution. Just an FYI
You can actually deduct up to 50% of your adjusted gross income in charitable giving. I would consider that pretty significant, especially considering the income these guys make. Most of these guys get with their accountant and ask what they owe in taxes, then just write a check to a charity for at least that amount. They would rather give it to a charity than Uncle Sam. Not to mention it's good publicity for them. Just an FYI.

Also I said there are good people that do good deeds. But trying to say a good deed equals a good person is terribly naive and misguided. There are plenty of charity events I've attended and met people that spend big money at these things that I have zero interest in being around. I can respect that they donated to a cause I agree with and support, but in knowing their personal lives I don't respect them as a human being at all.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:37 pm

We do a ton of charity (time, money, effort, etc.) and can tell you it is a very shady industry, if you want to call it that. I don't just mean the givers, the takers too. It got to the point to where I do my due diligence on whom I am helping out and it is crazy the amount of people either working the system or just flat out lying. This is not new news, i know.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry