Kareem Hunt Video

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Kareem Hunt Video

Postby ericanadian » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:44 pm

badbuddah wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:16 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:11 pm
badbuddah wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:06 pm

But none of us were raised like them most likely. These dudes come from the hood and they are conditioned to respond to wild'n'out people with violence
That's a pretty wild generalization. Who is "them" referring to here?
Many poor black athletes from the inner cities, which make up a majority of the NFL. Any more questions?
Hunt was born and raised in the mean streets of Willoughby, OH in the burbs of Cleveland. The average household income is just over $40K, it’s mostly white (like 90%+ according to the last census) and pretty sure it doesn’t qualify as inner city.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:24 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:44 pm
badbuddah wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:16 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:11 pm

That's a pretty wild generalization. Who is "them" referring to here?
Many poor black athletes from the inner cities, which make up a majority of the NFL. Any more questions?
Hunt was born and raised in the mean streets of Willoughby, OH in the burbs of Cleveland. The average household income is just over $40K, it’s mostly white (like 90%+ according to the last census) and pretty sure it doesn’t qualify as inner city.
:whistle:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:25 pm

LOL.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:49 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:47 pm I did some dumb dumb dumb stuff at 23, I was drunk to the point of belligerence many nights, but I still never found myself in any physical fights, ever. No excuses should be made for Hunt. Hunt needed to just step away, he didn't, these are the consequences, live with them.
But none of us were raised like them most likely. These dudes come from the hood and they are conditioned to respond to wild'n'out people with violence, lest they be accused of being a bitch or worse. The tough guy mentality can be hard to break. I'm not trying to make excuses but explain why this happens. Not everyone was raised in a nice two parent stable household. We were poor as hell growing up but I was lucky to have both parents, and a sound raising.
Bad argument since there are hundreds of NFL players who are from the hood who DONT get in trouble and DONT hit women. Also assuming how everyone on a message board was raised is quite a reach.

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:49 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:49 pm
Weknownothing86 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:47 pm I did some dumb dumb dumb stuff at 23, I was drunk to the point of belligerence many nights, but I still never found myself in any physical fights, ever. No excuses should be made for Hunt. Hunt needed to just step away, he didn't, these are the consequences, live with them.
But none of us were raised like them most likely. These dudes come from the hood and they are conditioned to respond to wild'n'out people with violence, lest they be accused of being a bitch or worse. The tough guy mentality can be hard to break. I'm not trying to make excuses but explain why this happens. Not everyone was raised in a nice two parent stable household. We were poor as hell growing up but I was lucky to have both parents, and a sound raising.
Bad argument since there are hundreds of NFL players who are from the hood who DONT get in trouble and DONT hit women. Also assuming how everyone on a message board was raised is quite a reach.
Then he has ZERO excuses. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. In Kareem's defense, she was being a total THOT but he HAS to know to go back inside and call the cops, or hotel security. Why does she get off scot free though when she hit him and called him the N word supposedly? That I would like to know.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:02 pm

I dunno, listening to Serial, the suburbs of Cleveland do not sound like a nice place to be for young, black folks

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:55 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:02 pm I dunno, listening to Serial, the suburbs of Cleveland do not sound like a nice place to be for young, black folks
That’s very possible. Was more a point about stereotyping than any argument for or against his environment being good or bad.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:57 pm

badbuddah wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:49 pm

Then he has ZERO excuses. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. In Kareem's defense, she was being a total THOT but he HAS to know to go back inside and call the cops, or hotel security. Why does she get off scot free though when she hit him and called him the N word supposedly? That I would like to know.
Because its all about equality....when convenient. But the reality is that no charges were filed against either one of them, and their shouldn't have been. She got of with ne repercussions because she doesn't have a multi million dollar job to lose, he does.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:07 am

Titans95 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:57 pm
badbuddah wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:49 pm

Because its all about equality....when convenient. But the reality is that no charges were filed against either one of them, and their shouldn't have been. She got of with ne repercussions because she doesn't have a multi million dollar job to lose, he does.
Well, I'll have to disagree here. If it was Joe schmo involved with something like that in a random hotel at that time of night... Well, safe to say there would likely have been charges filed. I'm no legal expert, nor, was I there, but, it sure looks like there was an incident that was swept under the rug.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:09 pm

Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:54 am

Pretty good USA today article about Kareem's family's criminal history. He's from the suburbs, but sure sounds like inner city with the escape to sports being the only (seeable) way out

Dad has 35 arrests, 9 years prison for domestic violence and drugs

Brother 2 years for criminal trespassing

Mother has multiple duis and a conviction of cocaine possession

Stepfather 8 years drug trafficking and related offenses

Cousin 23 years for manslaughter

Uncle 10 years drug trafficking

Cousin 12 years drug and gun related of fence

Four other cousins with drug related felonies

I found it interesting. Definitely seems that a person with a rough upbringing like that could have some anger issues hidden underneath the surface that alcohol brings out, and less of a social unacceptable line to crossing it into violence
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:20 am

Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:59 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:54 am Pretty good USA today article about Kareem's family's criminal history. He's from the suburbs, but sure sounds like inner city with the escape to sports being the only (seeable) way out

I found it interesting. Definitely seems that a person with a rough upbringing like that could have some anger issues hidden underneath the surface that alcohol brings out, and less of a social unacceptable line to crossing it into violence
[/
If all of this is true I feel bad for Hunt, however there is still no excuse for his behavior. I work with poor 18-24 year old minorities so I know the population a little bit, and the struggles they face with anger and other issues. Most of them have grown up with the same kind of background and would still never do this, and that's in their current situation while they are poor. Hunt being a pro athlete has even less of an excuse since he does not have the stress of being dead broke anymore like the people I work with. There is just no excuse for this kind of behavior on any level but even less of an excuse for a pro athlete who IS held to a higher standard because of who they are and has everything they need.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:00 pm

hunt family sounds like a swell bunch seems to me that the kid had zero positive role models and turned out better than he could have expected all said and done . I laughed out loud last night as aikman and buck heaped praise on tyreek hill meanwhile hunt is looking at a possible 20 game or more (lifetime) suspension if in fact he gets axed for all of 2019 as has been speculated .

All the liberal beta boys screaming about injustice for the tard kaepernick who gave away 14 MM$ final year of his deal to test the market only to have the market bend him over and educate him about the power of patriotism to the brainwashed consumer masses programmed to relish symbolism, that ilk needs to be screaming about this injustice . So hunt shoved a drunken idiot chick and kicked her softly - repugnant no argument from ol CC but really the fact joe mixon didn't get blackballed or tyreek hill didn't get black balled makes what hunt did seem like a beheading for a pillow fight.

Every terrible QB that gets a gig is a tour de force in collusion blackball case .... looky looky josh johnson alex tanney or brockweiler has a job it must be blackballing .... F THAT - were I hiring someone the 1st thing I look for is how does he work and play with others and how does his attitude reflect my mission statement . If my main customer base is liberal beta boys kaep is my 1st call if in fact my primary customer base is working class Americans very susceptible to mass media programming and corporate symbolism kaep is so far off the list I couldn't spy his name with the James Webb Space Telescope ?

Look at it like this - you need brain surgery and the neuro choices available are the 20th best neuro with a drinking & arrogance problem and you are not entirely sure he wants to operate on you or the 29th or 39th best neuro with a how can I help attitude and demeanor who would you choose ?
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:01 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:59 pm
hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:54 am Pretty good USA today article about Kareem's family's criminal history. He's from the suburbs, but sure sounds like inner city with the escape to sports being the only (seeable) way out

If all of this is true I feel bad for Hunts upbringing, however there is still no excuse for his behavior. I work with poor 18-24 year old minorities so I know the population a little bit, and the struggles they face with anger and other issues. Most of them have grown up with the same kind of background and would still never do this, and that's in their current situation while they are poor. Hunt being a pro athlete has even less of an excuse since he does not have the stress of being dead broke anymore like the people I work with. There is just no excuse for this kind of behavior on any level but even less of an excuse for a pro athlete who IS held to a higher standard because of who they are and has everything they need.