Kareem Hunt Video

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: Kareem Hunt Video

Postby thebeast » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:49 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:40 pm I think the AP incident blew over because for some odd reason people have less of a problem with beating a child than they do with beating a woman. If Hunt came back with a stick and starting swatting that lady in her vag he'd never play again. AP does it to a little boy and a large part of the country thinks that's ok.
People probably have less of a problem with a parent disciplining their own child in their own way. If it had been someone else's child it would have probably been a bigger deal.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:00 pm

Went unclaimed on waivers.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Good.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:19 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:46 pm
jenkins.math wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:21 pm The problem is if the NFL is trying to make a change it isn't with one guy. This kind of stuff has been happening for decades. It's just getting more and more publicity now that we have social media, camera phones, internet sites, etc. If you're wanting change, you're talking about changing an entire culture. And that culture starts long before the NFL. These kids are allowed to do whatever they want starting in middle school. They aren't told no in high school. When they are being recruited they are constantly told how awesome they are. Then they make it to the league and we wonder why they aren't outstanding citizens from day 1. It's because they haven't been held accountable since they were 10 years old. As long as they ball out, things get swept under the rug at every single level.

Furthermore if this incident outrages you, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. The NFL (and professional sports in general) has way more Kareem Hunt's than it does good guys. I'm not saying they are all out there kicking women, but that type of incident is far from uncommon. Even your supposed good guys in the league aren't what you think if you have been around them in a setting without cameras.
Yeah, so lets just roll with it and keep ignoring it. Cool man. :roll:
Ya, well suspending Hunt will do nothing to change this. Is Roethlisberger in the lineup this week?

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:24 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:19 pm
thebeast wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:46 pm
jenkins.math wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:21 pm The problem is if the NFL is trying to make a change it isn't with one guy. This kind of stuff has been happening for decades. It's just getting more and more publicity now that we have social media, camera phones, internet sites, etc. If you're wanting change, you're talking about changing an entire culture. And that culture starts long before the NFL. These kids are allowed to do whatever they want starting in middle school. They aren't told no in high school. When they are being recruited they are constantly told how awesome they are. Then they make it to the league and we wonder why they aren't outstanding citizens from day 1. It's because they haven't been held accountable since they were 10 years old. As long as they ball out, things get swept under the rug at every single level.

Furthermore if this incident outrages you, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. The NFL (and professional sports in general) has way more Kareem Hunt's than it does good guys. I'm not saying they are all out there kicking women, but that type of incident is far from uncommon. Even your supposed good guys in the league aren't what you think if you have been around them in a setting without cameras.
Yeah, so lets just roll with it and keep ignoring it. Cool man. :roll:
Ya, well suspending Hunt will do nothing to change this. Is Roethlisberger in the lineup this week?
Ya, it will help. Because Rothlisberger is in the lineup is why Hunt happened and why these things kept happening.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:26 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:00 pm Went unclaimed on waivers.
Seemed like a pretty obvious outcome to anyone who can actually think beyond their own fantasy team.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:35 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:26 pm
Seemed like a pretty obvious outcome to anyone who can actually think beyond their own fantasy team.
Apparently not after the Redskins claimed Foster.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:43 pm

How so when Vernon Butler was cited for assaulting a woman but is still rostered?

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:44 pm

Bot101 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:35 pm
Well there is no video so I guess it's different....somehow?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:48 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:49 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:40 pm I think the AP incident blew over because for some odd reason people have less of a problem with beating a child than they do with beating a woman. If Hunt came back with a stick and starting swatting that lady in her vag he'd never play again. AP does it to a little boy and a large part of the country thinks that's ok.
People probably have less of a problem with a parent disciplining their own child in their own way. If it had been someone else's child it would have probably been a bigger deal.
There is discipline and there is abuse. The two are not one and the same. Corporal punishment of a child can be done appropriately. What AP did could only be described as abuse and he should have faced criminal charges.

As to someone suggesting there are more players like Hunt in the NFL than those who aren't I don't agree with that. I believe in the grand scheme of things the reason you hear about so few of these incidents is that there are only a few of them. The vast majority of adults, athletes or not, know better.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:48 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:44 pm
Bot101 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:35 pm

Well there is no video so I guess it's different....somehow?
Yes, it is, very different. A video is damning, it is proof. Everything else is an accusation, he said she said.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:59 pm

skip wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:48 pm
As to someone suggesting there are more players like Hunt in the NFL than those who aren't I don't agree with that. I believe in the grand scheme of things the reason you hear about so few of these incidents is that there are only a few of them. The vast majority of adults, athletes or not, know better.
Right. I believe there have been a few studies on it and the arrest rates etc. are actually lower for NFL players than the general public
Research done by the University of Texas at Dallas shows that the arrest rate for all men of the same general age group was nearly twice as high than as that of NFL players from 2000 to 2013.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:05 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:59 pm
skip wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:48 pm
Right. I believe there have been a few studies on it and the arrest rates etc. are actually lower for NFL players than the general public
Research done by the University of Texas at Dallas shows that the arrest rate for all men of the same general age group was nearly twice as high than as that of NFL players from 2000 to 2013.
Shhhh. You're spoiling jenkins.math's *pulled out of his arse* secret.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:17 pm

I just saw a report that Hunt attacked a man back in January at a nightclub too

https://fox4kc.com/2018/12/03/former-ch ... -says/amp/

Utter failure by the nfl to investigate is my takeaway here. They led a wild goose chase after Zeke, but sit on their hands with 3 incidents (one with video evidence) on this one?
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:18 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:17 pm I just saw a report that Hunt attacked a man back in January at a nightclub too

https://fox4kc.com/2018/12/03/former-ch ... -says/amp/

Utter failure by the nfl to investigate is my takeaway here. They led a wild goose chase after Zeke, but sit on their hands with 3 incidents (one with video evidence) on this one?
Apparently if there is no video evidence it doesn't matter. See response above.