Dante Pettis ... What Is Happening?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Raven_Lunatics
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Dante Pettis 2019 WR3?

Postby Raven_Lunatics » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:13 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:40 pm WR3 seems high to me, I don't think he does better than WR8 or 9
:lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:24 pm

Matt Waldman is looking smarter by the minute.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:02 pm

Pettis on the injury report again with a foot issue. I'm worried that this is becoming a trend.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:19 am

Meh. He played 52 out of 52 possible college games.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:21 am

Not concerned. When you play football, you get hurt.

I'll be concerned if he ever develops the type of injury that doesn't go away (Gronk's back, Watkins' foot, etc.)
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:40 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:21 am Not concerned. When you play football, you get hurt.

I'll be concerned if he ever develops the type of injury that doesn't go away (Gronk's back, Watkins' foot, etc.)
He's hurt again. Not concerned that he keeps getting dinged up and missing time? I like the talent, but personally, as someone who has him, I'm not liking that a WR gets hurt this much in his first year.

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:02 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:40 pm
PR0v3 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:21 am Not concerned. When you play football, you get hurt.

He's hurt again. Not concerned that he keeps getting dinged up and missing time? I like the talent, but personally, as someone who has him, I'm not liking that a WR gets hurt this much in his first year.
No not concerned. His sprained MCL should heal up fine in a few weeks and he should be 100% for next year.

The guy has a near spotless injury history, so the wear and tear on his body is pretty minimal. I’m sure he’ll get hurt many more times over his career though, since he is playing football. Thankfully none of his injuries to this point are the type that derail careers.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:02 am

I need to see a multi-year trend regarding minor injuries before I raise a red flag. Pettis played a lot of snaps for Washington -- more than most WRs since he was also a special-teams star -- and never missed a game.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:48 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:40 pm

It's never a great sign but nothing to panic over yet. He had no injury history in college and I feel like sometimes once you get banged up once early in the season the injuries just begin to pile up without you ever recovering. I would like to say that I'd like to see him add another 10lbs of muscle though.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:50 am

I think Pettis is the clear cut Wr1 for the Niners as long as they do not draft someone high. I could see them going BPA with their first pick which is likely a DE but then turn around and get one of the better WR's early in the 2nd similary to what they did with Pettis. The niners have a decent team but they need more play makers on offense for Shanahan to really be able to thrive as an offensive minded coach.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:11 pm

It's hard to be a target monster with a TE like Kittle, not to mention an offense that throws to RBs. He will have to be Baldwin/Tyreek level efficient to really smash. I think he will make a great WR3 though.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:23 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:11 pm It's hard to be a target monster with a TE like Kittle, not to mention an offense that throws to RBs. He will have to be Baldwin/Tyreek level efficient to really smash. I think he will make a great WR3 though.
From what he's done so far its been on the back of efficiency not volume. I doubt he is ever a target hog just by the type of receiver he is but if he could catch 70-80 balls per year I think he'll be great

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:25 pm

I could easily see him as a WR3. There's so many guys out there that are in that conversation. Mostly comes down to if they can stay healthy and if they can hold the job long enough and get consistent targets.

No one is raving about Golden Tate, Sterling Shepard or Corey Davis top 30 year, but hey that's a WR3 mold I could see Pettis fitting into.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:26 pm

Pettis' potential to be better than a fantasy WR3 relies on Jimmy G living up to the hype starting year 2. He didn't this year, obviously. But it's easy give him a mulligan for this season.

If Garoppolo becomes the elite QB some envision him to be, statistically Dante Pettis probably has top 10 WR potential; apart from being a bit lightweight compared to previous great Shanahan WRs, Pettis' versatile skill-set fits Shanahan's requirements for a target hog X-receiver.
Krypto_King wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:11 pm It's hard to be a target monster with a TE like Kittle, not to mention an offense that throws to RBs. He will have to be Baldwin/Tyreek level efficient to really smash. I think he will make a great WR3 though.
Some indirect misinformation here.

- Kittle has received double-digit targets in a week only three times this season. I don't think this qualifies as 'target monster'.

- Kyle Shanahan has a history of stuffing his starting X-receiver's stat-sheet, provided he has one that can actually do the job. See: Andre Johnson, Pierre Garcon (Skins era), Julio Jones. Lots of 100+ reception seasons. Each of these players posted their career best receptions total in a season with Shanahan calling the plays.

Shanahan has had several true target monsters in his coaching history, and to date they've always been versatile wide-receivers that primarily play X, but can move around the formation and work on all three levels. Disclaimer: however, he's never had a pass-catching TE in his prime as good as Kittle, so we'll see.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:41 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:26 pm Pettis' potential to be better than a fantasy WR3 relies on Jimmy G living up to the hype starting year 2. He didn't this year, obviously. But it's easy give him a mulligan for this season.

If Garoppolo becomes the elite QB some envision him to be, statistically Dante Pettis probably has top 10 WR potential; apart from being a bit lightweight compared to previous great Shanahan WRs, Pettis' versatile skill-set fits Shanahan's requirements for a target hog X-receiver.
Some indirect misinformation here.

- Kittle has received double-digit targets in a week only three times this season. I don't think this qualifies as 'target monster'.

- Kyle Shanahan has a history of stuffing his starting X-receiver's stat-sheet, provided he has one that can actually do the job. See: Andre Johnson, Pierre Garcon (Skins era), Julio Jones. Lots of 100+ reception seasons. Each of these players posted their career best receptions total in a season with Shanahan calling the plays.

Shanahan has had several true target monsters in his coaching history, and to date they've always been versatile wide-receivers that primarily play X, but can move around the formation and work on all three levels. Disclaimer: however, he's never had a pass-catching TE in his prime as good as Kittle, so we'll see.
He might be a bit small compared to previous receivers in Kyle Shanahan’s system, but Rod Smith did pretty well for himself under the elder Shanahan and he was only around 6’0” 200lbs which is well within reach of Pettis.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker