Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:27 pm

Clearly number 1.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Barkley the #1 Dynasty RB?

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:46 pm

RB is deep at the top now, but Saquon is cementing himself at #1. Neck and neck with Gurley in points and a few years younger.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:13 pm

CMC is putting up similar numbers at a similar age. Where is he going to go next year?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:58 am

badbuddah wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:04 pm I think you can't go wrong with him or Gurley 1 and 2. I'd take Barkley purely off age but it is practically even. The bigger question is who is third overall in startups? CMC? I have to wonder.
Gun to my head, if I was doing a startup in PPR right now, my draft list would be:

1 Gurley
2 Saquon
3 Hill
4 Zeke
5 OBJ
6 Nuk
7 D. Adams
8 Mixon
9 Kamara
10 M. Thomas

That is just off the top of my head. If I missed someone obvious, please don't curse me :lol:
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

XclickX
Role Player
Role Player

Postby XclickX » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:20 am

Fezzik wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:11 am
XclickX wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:38 pm I did a 12 team ppr start-up this year and it went :
1.01 Gurley
1.02 Barkley

I’m surprised he was falling to 5 in some of your start-ups. Definitely the dynasty RB1.
When was this? Was it before the season?
Yes , August 2018.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:02 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:58 am
badbuddah wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:04 pm I think you can't go wrong with him or Gurley 1 and 2. I'd take Barkley purely off age but it is practically even. The bigger question is who is third overall in startups? CMC? I have to wonder.
Gun to my head, if I was doing a startup in PPR right now, my draft list would be:

1 Gurley
2 Saquon
3 Hill
4 Zeke
5 OBJ
6 Nuk
7 D. Adams
8 Mixon
9 Kamara
10 M. Thomas

That is just off the top of my head. If I missed someone obvious, please don't curse me :lol:
I think the only glaring "mistake" is you should replace Mixon with CMC, then it's just an argument about the order.

1. Barkley
2. Gurley
3. Zeke
4. Nuk
5. OBJ
6. Kamara
7. Hill
8. MT
9. CMC
10. Torn on Adams and Evans

Would be my 10

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:53 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:02 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:58 am

1 Gurley
2 Saquon
3 Hill
4 Zeke
5 OBJ
6 Nuk
7 D. Adams
8 Mixon
9 Kamara
10 M. Thomas

I think the only glaring "mistake" is you should replace Mixon with CMC, then it's just an argument about the order.

1. Barkley
2. Gurley
3. Zeke
4. Nuk
5. OBJ
6. Kamara
7. Hill
8. MT
9. CMC
10. Torn on Adams and Evans

Would be my 10
Assuming PPR right? Man Nuk has bleep the bed for me last four weeks, and partially why I was a first round exit. Him AND Ertz, AND Fournette, just a bad week. I'd have CMC third, he is EVERYTHING in Carolina, and is producing so well. I might move OBJ above Nuk for when they get a QB in NY. Hard to argue with the rest of the list. Obviously I don't have Mixon in the top ten, or top fifteen probably.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:12 pm

Hopkins might be having a slight "down" year, but he's still the #8 overall WR in PPR scoring this year, both total scoring and PPG. The best player isn't necessarily going to have the highest statistical season every year, and I think Nuk and OBJ are still the two best WRs in the game. I give the nod to Nuk in my ranking because of the better QB and the fact that he is the focal point of the offense. OBJ has Barkley stealing a little bit of focus from him but still remains an obvious elite option with #1 scoring WR potential every year.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Since we're making lists.

1. Barkley
2. Nuk
3. OBJ
4. Gurley
5. Zeke
6. Kamara
7. CMC
8. Hill
9. KA
10. MT
11. Antonio
12. Juju

So yes, Barkley is #1 dynasty asset for me and I don't own him anywhere and doubt I will have the opportunity to anytime soon.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:29 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:12 pm Hopkins might be having a slight "down" year, but he's still the #8 overall WR in PPR scoring this year, both total scoring and PPG. The best player isn't necessarily going to have the highest statistical season every year, and I think Nuk and OBJ are still the two best WRs in the game. I give the nod to Nuk in my ranking because of the better QB and the fact that he is the focal point of the offense. OBJ has Barkley stealing a little bit of focus from him but still remains an obvious elite option with #1 scoring WR potential every year.
Its an easy decision for me. Hopkins is down to earth and i never fear he is going to do something silly wheras OBJ is a crying nutcase who has too many meltdowns for my liking
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:31 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:27 pm Since we're making lists.

1. Barkley
2. Nuk
3. OBJ
4. Gurley
5. Zeke
6. Kamara
7. CMC
8. Hill
9. KA
10. MT
11. Antonio
12. Juju

So yes, Barkley is #1 dynasty asset for me and I don't own him anywhere and doubt I will have the opportunity to anytime soon.
I've only got two shares of that, while the team that beat me this week has three. Probably not a surprise. I think you got the WRs a little high, as I was shot down trying to trade Fournette and Juju and a 1st for Gurley, my league worships RBs. Regardless solid list.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:46 pm

DJB wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:29 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:12 pm Hopkins might be having a slight "down" year, but he's still the #8 overall WR in PPR scoring this year, both total scoring and PPG. The best player isn't necessarily going to have the highest statistical season every year, and I think Nuk and OBJ are still the two best WRs in the game. I give the nod to Nuk in my ranking because of the better QB and the fact that he is the focal point of the offense. OBJ has Barkley stealing a little bit of focus from him but still remains an obvious elite option with #1 scoring WR potential every year.
Its an easy decision for me. Hopkins is down to earth and i never fear he is going to do something silly wheras OBJ is a crying nutcase who has too many meltdowns for my liking
Ya that's another factor too, but overall think they are pretty much equal, Nuk just wins all the tie breakers haha. The #3 WR is up for some debate, but they are the clear top 2 for me.

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:48 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:46 pm
DJB wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:29 pm
Ya that's another factor too, but overall think they are pretty much equal, Nuk just wins all the tie breakers haha. The #3 WR is up for some debate, but they are the clear top 2 for me.
Does Davantae Adams every break into that group? Is Thomas or Hill just strictly better? And Julio is still good, maybe not as valuable for startup dynasties but I think hes got a few years left.

Fezzik
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Fezzik » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:57 pm

Ice wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:18 pm
Lots of changes soon in NYG land and that could have a negative impact on his excellent production to date.
As a Giants fan... how much worse can it get?

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:11 pm

Well, I'm inclined to move Barkley a ways down my rankings and put Henry Right at the top of the dynasty rb rankings.

Who's coming with me?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.