Future WR1

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
A-train
Starter
Starter

Re: Future WR1

Postby A-train » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:25 pm

As a Moore owner I wouldn't trade him for Landry so if you can make that deal I would. I would honestly take Sutton or Moore over Landry in a rebuild.
Team 1: France Les Bleus: 20 team .5 ppr dynasty league. Starters in Bold
QB: Andrew Luck, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Alex Collins, D'onta Foreman, Chris Carson, James White, Kenneth Dixon
WR: Mike Williams, Chris Godwin, DJ Moore, Laquon Treadwell, Taywan Taylor, Josh Malone
TE: Eric Ebron, Hunter Henry, Adam Shaheen
D/ST: Patriots, Saints

Team 2: New England Patriots: 24 Team standard league. Starters in Bold
QB: Patrick Mahommes, Josh Rosen
RB: Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb, Phillip Lindsay, Derius Guice, Melvin Gordon
WR: DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, DJ Chark, Desean Hamilton, Laquon Treadwell, Equanimous St. Brown, James Washington
TE: Gerald Everett, Adam Shaheen, Hunter Henry
Def: Titans

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:05 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:49 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:02 pm I’d be shocked if anyone traded Moore plus something for Moore.
Everyone wants something for nothing nowadays
Lol ... my mind was either too fast or too slow for my fingers. I meant: I’d be shocked if anyone traded Moore plus something for Landry.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:39 pm

ravn88 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:53 pm
AussieMate wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:44 pm I'm not saying it's right or even good dynasty sense, but I don't think you'll get any of those 3 straight up for Landry.
Miller fans are fanatic, most Sutton owners want him to be the wr1 at broncos and most Moore fans (me included) would prefer Moore to Landry.
I like Landry but he was always a possession guy who succeeded by being Tannehills safety valve and getting 150+ targets a year, Baker on the otherhand will throw it to anyone at any level.
The Browns PAID him big bucks, surely Baker will look his way after an other offseason.. No ?

I could also try flip him for a 2019 1st and get a Wr there..
Landry was brought in to be the focal point of Todd Haley’s system. That system no longer exists and while the team will find a use for him because of his contract, he’s unlikely to be a huge producer at this point. Who knows who they bring in after the season, but I’d much rather take a shot at a guy like Moore or Miller than stick with Landry at this point.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:01 pm

I’d take Sutton or Moore. I would still take Landry over Miller

vtejrep
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby vtejrep » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:42 pm

selling Landry now is selling him at a low. Not ideal, especially in a rebuild situation. Hold on him until next year and sell when he blows up again. (He will, his contract amount ensures that Clev will make him a focus for next year). Plus, Baker will be in year 2. The guy has tremendous upside. Wouldn't it be better to wait on that big wave?

Snake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Snake » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:07 pm

I don’t watch many Browns games, but someone told me Landry was getting bracketed in coverage all the time. Which might explain why Chubb has had some space to break big runs. Maybe defenses will adjust and Landry will get some space to operate in. Things can’t get worse.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:14 pm

vtejrep wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:42 pm selling Landry now is selling him at a low. Not ideal, especially in a rebuild situation. Hold on him until next year and sell when he blows up again. (He will, his contract amount ensures that Clev will make him a focus for next year). Plus, Baker will be in year 2. The guy has tremendous upside. Wouldn't it be better to wait on that big wave?
I don’t think his contract ensures anything of the sort. Mayfield is and will be the focus of this team. What works for him is what they will strive for. If featuring Landry isn’t in Baker’s interests, Landry won’t be featured despite the contract. IMO it isn’t as Baker is too good at reading the field to just force feed an option. Force feeding occurs when you have a qb that has simple reads and often pre-determined passes. That or when you have a WR that is just so far above the other WRs on the team that he continues to be the best option despite coverage schemes. If you want to see Landry force fed again, hope he plays with someone like Darnold in the future (or Tannehill again).

I do think Landry is considerably better than his current output but I don’t think he ever sees his Miami targets again while playing with Mayfield. Not unless there’s a bunch of injuries.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:18 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:14 pm
vtejrep wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:42 pm selling Landry now is selling him at a low. Not ideal, especially in a rebuild situation. Hold on him until next year and sell when he blows up again. (He will, his contract amount ensures that Clev will make him a focus for next year). Plus, Baker will be in year 2. The guy has tremendous upside. Wouldn't it be better to wait on that big wave?
I don’t think his contract ensures anything of the sort. Mayfield is and will be the focus of this team. What works for him is what they will strive for. If featuring Landry isn’t in Baker’s interests, Landry won’t be featured despite the contract. IMO it isn’t as Baker is too good at reading the field to just force feed an option. Force feeding occurs when you have a qb that has simple reads and often pre-determined passes. That or when you have a WR that is just so far above the other WRs on the team that he continues to be the best option despite coverage schemes. If you want to see Landry force fed again, hope he plays with someone like Darnold in the future (or Tannehill again).

I do think Landry is considerably better than his current output but I don’t think he ever sees his Miami targets again while playing with Mayfield. Not unless there’s a bunch of injuries.
Wish I could "like" this post or something. Well said

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:22 pm

Callaway baby! Hes lookin better and better every week.... get him while the price is low.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:36 pm

Bot101 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:22 pm Callaway baby! Hes lookin better and better every week.... get him while the price is low.
Nope. He's an idiot. Don't invest in those. Just my opinion. To each their own.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:48 pm

Hes so cheap I'd hardly call buying him an investment.

Cgindecent
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Cgindecent » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:11 pm

It's interesting if you watch last game and break down most of the plays. He is being utilized for sure, put in motion etc and is typically Bakers first look/option but he just isnt pulling the trigger. To me this is either Baker not confident in his ability to make those types of throws into tighter coverage trusting him to make the play or the coaches are having him look off to create space for other targets. When he does throw his way its not always the most accurate either. That was just last game though, I haven't watched over the others.

Landry owner hopeful he can turn it around but I would sell him for DJ Moore and a first but I think until he is productive that would be tough. Then when he is productive it wouldn't be worth it to dump him....catch 22
12 Team .5 PPR (Max roster 2qb-4rb-4wr-2te-2k-2def)
1 QB - 2 WR - 1 RB - 1 TE - 2 FLEX

QB:Nick Foles, Josh Allen
RB: CEH - Chase Edmonds - Miles Sanders - James Robinson
WR: Robby Anderson - Tyreek Hill - Christian Kirk - OBJ - Jamison Crowder
TE: Jordan Akins - Darren Waller
Taxi: - Darrell Henderson - Irv Smith - Rodney Anderson - Daniel Jones - Antonio Gibson - Joe Burrow - Van Jefferson - Jalen Reagor

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:13 pm

Amari Cooper? Kenny Golloday? Chris Godwin?

@OP. Golloday and Juju I like. Not liking Landry. He's a check down guy, and as soon as Baker gets a better outside WR, his numbers will dip even further. Tannehill could not throw like Baker. Baker will not check down to the slot all day. Landry is a screaming sell to me, before people realize his best years statistically are behind him.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:24 pm

Cgindecent wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:11 pm It's interesting if you watch last game and break down most of the plays. He is being utilized for sure, put in motion etc and is typically Bakers first look/option but he just isnt pulling the trigger. To me this is either Baker not confident in his ability to make those types of throws into tighter coverage trusting him to make the play or the coaches are having him look off to create space for other targets. When he does throw his way its not always the most accurate either. That was just last game though, I haven't watched over the others.

Landry owner hopeful he can turn it around but I would sell him for DJ Moore and a first but I think until he is productive that would be tough. Then when he is productive it wouldn't be worth it to dump him....catch 22
You would sell Landry for Moore and a 1st? Bro, I wouldn't give you my Moore for your Landry straight across.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:26 pm

Bot101 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:24 pm
Cgindecent wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:11 pm It's interesting if you watch last game and break down most of the plays. He is being utilized for sure, put in motion etc and is typically Bakers first look/option but he just isnt pulling the trigger. To me this is either Baker not confident in his ability to make those types of throws into tighter coverage trusting him to make the play or the coaches are having him look off to create space for other targets. When he does throw his way its not always the most accurate either. That was just last game though, I haven't watched over the others.

You would sell Landry for Moore and a 1st? Bro, I wouldn't give you my Moore for your Landry straight across.
Who would?