Veto?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Veto?

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:44 am

Here’s the situation. I’m commissioner of a league that is unfortunately beginning to implode because there are 3-4 teams with a chance and the rest are dog crap. My team has won 3 years in a row now and another guys team is the most insane i’ve ever seen because some people in the league are just bad at this. An email thread went out last week about possibly starting over because it is unfair, which was argued about but it all calmed down. And then this happens.

Second best team in the league trades the 1.02-1.04 (Could fall anywhere between there, currently is the 1.4). and Tyler Lockett

Gets: the 1.1 from the worst team in the league with absolutely no future

How do i go about this? Literally just had an email argument about this league possibly bring over and now we have the worst team trading there best asset so they can get tyler lockett?????

Am i overreacting or is this not okay?
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: Veto?

Postby thebeast » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:48 am

Overreacting, prepare for tar and feathering for suggesting veto.

However, it sounds like a lot of owners may not be having fun, so your league is likely on life support anyway.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:56 am

If you veto the trade - I think that you're going to have to remove one of the 2 owners. The only reasons to veto are collusion / cheating and owner incompetence (like trading Michael Thomas for a 3rd). In which case in either scenario an owner has to be replaced.

If you feel that some teams are too strong - and take advantage of other teams too easily - then there are other actions you can take - such as replacing them in the off-season, directing them to dynasty sites such as DLF, additional draft picks for those teams that they CANNOT trade away (supplemental picks), declaring it an empire league & rebooting & so forth. Which solution applies depends on the length of time your league has existed & ownership.

But vetoing that trade, and leaving both owners in place, means you are no longer allowing the owners to run their teams. And that repurcussion will damage your league much faster than allowing that trade. 1.01 may have more value than 1.04 & Lockett at the moment but if you drafted Treadwell at 1.01 in 2016 and 1.04 took Michael Thomas .... even Fournette owners vs. CMC owners.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:03 am

I agree with both of you. I probably shouldn’t have brought up the disgraced word “veto” but what I really meant what how do you handle a situation where a league is falling apart because this guys team has (start 4!!) AB, AJ Green, Julio, Mike Evans and Deandre Hopkins........) Not to mention his RBs (Start 2!!!) are Zeke, Melvin, Cook, Guice and his QB (Start 1!!!) are Luck and Rodgers

Props to him for making an insane team, but you can clearly see why it’s become not fun for other people. Now he has the 1.1, it’s a never ending cycle that’s gone on for 3 years with trade rapes. Hard to deal with.
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:14 am

That is where I make sure that you vet carefully in the future and make sure every owner has had some modicrum of dynasty experience & can prove it - and this is in no way meant to suggest blame. It is tough to ensure every single owner is active & fully engaged - and even when they are they all have different valuations & ways to build their teams. The elite owners know how to massage trades out of every type of owner - and you cannot stop that.

Apart from that you ride it out - trust me I know the feeling - I am in a league where I feel I patiently built my team and there is a guy who is likely to win his 3rd straight championship because he keeps 'taking advantage' of other teams. But nothing he is doing is wrong. He takes 2 nickels, turns them into a dime, takes 2 dimes turns it into a quarter. Takes 3 quarters and gets a dollar. Repeat. He does not do it to my team because I force him to pay full-price - but if another team is rebuilding and wants to sell at his price *shrugs*

That is where the empire league strategy comes in - you can after year 5 of one team winning all five championships congratulate them to the high heavens - and then so long as you have the support of the majority of owners - clean the slate and start over. If they disagree you can return any deposits or future fees & thank them for their support but that you feel it is necessary to start over for the best of the league.

Or, if you get several new owners at once, you can require all remaining teams to allow some players unprotected, and add them to the dispersal draft. Obviously a stronger team is going to have better assets to toss in.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:20 am

I've been guilty of taking advantage of incompetent owners in the past. One league did a reboot another league made me give up 3 guys (1 to each of the poor teams). A reboot is probably best maybe they'll be smarter this go around after seeing how dynasty works, or you can just find better owners.
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:57 am

No vetoes. Plus I don't even think this trade is all that off to begin with, there's no Saquon or Zeke this year so the difference between #1 and number 4 isn't likely to be massive and Lockett is worth around a late 1 imo. So this deal is roughly 1.04 + 1.12 for 1.01, seems about right. If the league doesn't like this one owner being so much better than them then they should focus more on becoming better players and traders themselves than getting mad about being dominated by an owner who is just better at the game than they are.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:04 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:24 am Sounds like a few guys need to go back to ESPN redraft.
I'm offended. Why the hate for ESPN? Haha

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:15 pm

With no clear 1.01, I'd argue the team with 1.01 actually won the trade. Lockett is having a good year, is only 26, and there is a good chance whoever he gets between 1.02-1.04 will be better than the 1.01. Unlike previous years, with Barkley, Zeke etc., this year has no elite player head and shoulders above the group. It's actually a smart trade for a rebuilder to make, he is expanding his assets.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:00 pm

Giants wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:44 am Here’s the situation. I’m commissioner of a league that is unfortunately beginning to implode because there are 3-4 teams with a chance and the rest are dog crap. My team has won 3 years in a row now and another guys team is the most insane i’ve ever seen because some people in the league are just bad at this. An email thread went out last week about possibly starting over because it is unfair, which was argued about but it all calmed down. And then this happens.

Second best team in the league trades the 1.02-1.04 (Could fall anywhere between there, currently is the 1.4). and Tyler Lockett

Gets: the 1.1 from the worst team in the league with absolutely no future

How do i go about this? Literally just had an email argument about this league possibly bring over and now we have the worst team trading there best asset so they can get tyler lockett?????

Am i overreacting or is this not okay?
If you kick One out, i would like to take over One of the bad teams 😉
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:13 pm

I don’t see what the big deal is about the trade. It’s not like he traded Saquon for that

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Issues with your league aside, I think that is an extremely even deal and have no idea why anyone would want to veto it.

Not really even a discussion in my mind.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:08 pm

There is always 1 owner somewhere who thinks any offer is bad for 1 team involved.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:12 am

Nothing wrong with that trade at all.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0