Rookie WRs vs Rookie RBs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Rookie WRs vs Rookie RBs

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:47 pm

As we all know the 2018 draft class had so much hype about the RBs, a lot of this deservedly due to Barkley. I feel the WRs got totally overlooked. As a whole I feel the Rookie WRs have exceeded expectations and have definitely exceeded the rookie RBs as a whole. Yesterday was a really good example, Smith, Moore, Miller, and Kirk were all very good. Overall this class has been great, not as deep as 2017 but the WRs have been better for the most part than the top 2017 Wrs (Davis and Williams). Just wondering everyones thoughts on this? I understand Guice being injured impacts the RBS as a whole a lot.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Rookie WRs vs Rookie RBs

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:50 pm

I said that from the get-go when the narrative that 2018 was a weak WR year that the 2018 WR class was underrated. So I am not surprised at all at how the rookies have played so far and expect to see a couple more make a name for themselves between the rest of this year and in the next 2.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:10 pm

They have been really really good, especially comparing them to some of the dreadful recent WR rookie classes

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:32 pm

Have Smith and Ridley in one league and they've been terrific for rookie wide outs. Hoping a couple of Gallup, Chark, Calloway, and Washington can step up to. Picked up Trey Quinn on waivers before last weeks game and he didn't disappoint there might be something there definitely worth a stash if you have a bench spot
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:13 am

Don't forget about Kirk!

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:40 am

I didn't, its awesome how most of the top guys have looked good this season very much unlike the 15 16 1nd 17 WR drafts. Hopefully its not just an anomaly for this season since its been all about passing in the NFL this year.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:53 pm

Really, really impressive class so far. Thankfully it hasn’t only been the top guys (Moore, Ridley, Sutton, Kirk, Miller) but lots of mid/late round guys have been contributors as well like Tre’Quan, KeKe, MVS, and Callaway
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:00 pm

I have high hopes for Cain as well.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:29 pm

The narrative was definitely there. Overall I think this was a phenomenal class for RBs and WRs. Most of the RBs in this class have had some injury problems. Penny and Rojo are the only ones who havent lived up to expectations. But Penny has shown well when hes had opportunities. Rojo is the only real "bust" thus far. I think next season if Guice is healthy he will show that he is an upper tier RB. And we can look back and be quite happy with this class compared to years past.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:00 pm

Rojo has like 9 carries. Hard to say he’s the bust

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:09 am

spotxc wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:00 pm Rojo has like 9 carries. Hard to say he’s the bust
19. For 42 yards. He may not be a bust, but is definitely trending in the wrong direction. His abysmal pre-season coupled with a poor regular season and injury has killed any value he might have had. Every RB in the first round of rookie drafts (except for Guice, due to injury, but by all accounts he was easily the top back in training camp) has shown something this year at some point, EXCEPT for Jones. It's certainly too early to count him out, but he is a hold because his value has plummeted. Owners can only hope he adapts to the NFL game next year, because he has not at all this year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:24 pm

Yeah the fact that Barber is starting over RoJo has to be a concern. But RoJo is still a rookie so too early to say he's definitely a bust.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:50 pm

hoos89 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:24 pm Yeah the fact that Barber is starting over RoJo has to be a concern. But RoJo is still a rookie so too early to say he's definitely a bust.
With how poorly Koetter has managed his players are we really surprised?
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:01 pm

I'm a huge rojo hater but even I wouldn't throw a bust tag on him
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted