Leagues that folded

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Leagues that folded

Postby jordanzs » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:19 pm

Do you guys ever have a league that folds for whatever reason, and you look back at your team & think "damn, I wish this league was still active"?

Joe Day and I were in a superflex league and were both perennial contenders. The league folded after last season ended. My roster, as frozen in time from when the league disbanded:

QB: Mahomes, Brees, Prescott, Foles
RB: Gordon, David Johnson, Brieda, Chris Thompson, Ekeler
WR: Tyreek, Keenan Allen, Landry, Hogan, and some trash
TE: Kittle, Burton, HHenry, Vernon Davis

My draft slot & projections would've had me most likely taking Kerryon, Callaway, Daesean Hamilton. Or something like that.

Darn, this team would've been kicking some butt this year, assuming I found some depth to cover Landry.

Oh well.

Does anyone else have similar stories of all star teams that rode off into the sunset?

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Leagues that folded

Postby ArrylT » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:06 pm

I have only been in 1 dynasty league that folded - and it was a league I was leaving at the end of the season (due to not liking the format - but until you try you never know). I've actually taken over being Commissioner of 2 leagues to keep them going.

Sorry that your league folded. :(
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:30 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:06 pm I have only been in 1 dynasty league that folded - and it was a league I was leaving at the end of the season (due to not liking the format - but until you try you never know). I've actually taken over being Commissioner of 2 leagues to keep them going.

Sorry that your league folded. :(
I could've taken over as commish to keep this one going, but I was already in 9 dynasty leagues and 3 redrafters, and that's been a chore. I was ok with lessening the amount of leagues that I was in, lol just wish that other leagues folded instead of this one.

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:53 am

Since I switched to the dynasty format in 2012, I joined 8 leagues over the years, all 32 teamers, single player copies and full IDP. With one exception, all of them were orphaned rebuilding projects, and 5 of those leagues already folded due to increasing inactivity, no replacements to be found for the orphans that were run into the ground by the previous owners for one last chance at a title (all unsuccessful), or commishes disappearing (one actually died).

It was also unfortunate that some of the leages folded just when my rebuilds started to become contenders. I still managed to win at least 1 title in 3 of them before they shut down. I love the aforementioned league format and wouldn't want to play in smaller formats, but the instability of such leagues is very frustrating. Going forward, I'll probably just remain in 1 league, a money league, so the owners are at least a bit more dedicated there.
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.