Pair the Free Agent RB to the Team. Explain why

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Pair the Free Agent RB to the Team. Explain why

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:07 pm

Bored, thought this could be fun.

RBs to choose from: Bell, Ingram, Coleman, Yeldon, Ajayi, Latavius, AP, Collins, Barber, Ware, Mike Davis, TyMont, Buck Allen, Rod Smith

Some more obvs teams to pick: Indy, Oakland, Jets, Texans, Baltimore, Miami, Tampa, Philly, but all are free game.

Bell - Jets: They will offer the most money out of any team. His hold out was to redefine the RB market, makes saying no to the largest offer pretty tough. Even though this isn't the best spot, the contract is too big to decline. (close 2nd was Baltimore for money and rivalry with pitt)

Ingram - Houston/Jets: I think BOB wants a reliable three down RB. Ingram has shown to be just that, he can run between the tackles, and catch the ball. Still has lots of tread on the tires for a 29 yr old RB due to constantly being in a RBBC, and if Foreman can bounce back, Ingram has shown to be valuable as part of a committee. NTM by the time Ingrams contract would be up will prob coincide with Watson getting paid.

IF the Jets can't snag Bell, I think Ingram would get a great offer from NYJ to upgrade from crow for most of the same reasons said above. He can still play his role like he did in NO, only instead of Kamara the jets will use McGuire. Also Ingram is from Jersey, and his dad played for the giants. So maybe a homecoming is possibly in order for what will likely be his last contract.

Coleman - Oakland: The last of the big FA running backs left. Gruden is in love with Dmart for some reason, and Coleman has shown to be valuable in a COP role or as a three down back. He can catch the ball as well as anyone Oakland has now, and he has explosive speed. Oakland likely wants to get a touch younger (despite Grudens best efforts), and Coleman fits the bill. Also Oak will need to use all their draft picks on other positions, so buying a RB in FA seems like a logical choice.

Latavius - Indy: Brought in to be a competent back up and GL back. Basically becomes a rich mans Robert Turbin that can play if Mack gets hurt again.

Yeldon - Tampa: Yeldon gets to stay in Florida, and easily becomes the number 1 RB on the team. He takes the money and opportunity and signs that offer before the ink is dry.

Collins - Philly : I don't really know why but I feel like this will happen, but not for a ton of money. I think collins will be a later FA signing and will land here. Not sure what I think about it, feels like a downgrade for Collins, and he might become what Ajayi was in 2018...

Ware - Carolina: Compliment to McCaff who has shown he can play if required. Basically just an insurance policy for cheap.

All I got for now, feel free to add your own.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Pair the Free Agent RB to the Team. Explain why

Postby kadun2 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:19 pm

TyMont - his versality will land him with the patriots
M Davis - cop back behind Warren
Yeldon - TB
Bell - Texans finally get another Arian foster
Ingram - Baltimore
Coleman - saints
Latavius - Indy
Ware - chiefs - Andy likes having a plug in backup
Collins - eagles

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:43 am

azthecrow wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:19 pm TyMont - his versality will land him with the patriots
Yeldon - TB
Ingram - Baltimore
Coleman - saints
Latavius - Indy
Collins - eagles
Some appealing spots there

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:23 am

Valhalla wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:43 am
azthecrow wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:19 pm TyMont - his versality will land him with the patriots
Yeldon - TB
Ingram - Baltimore
Coleman - saints
Latavius - Indy
Collins - eagles
Some appealing spots there
Yeah, just messin’ around. I’m bored too :)

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:58 pm

I think Darkwa might get a shot next year. He missed the FA wave getting a screw taken out and then was demanding too much money for a guy coming in off his couch. I could see his demands going down and a team more willing to pay him with an offseason to work with him. He would make sense in Miami or New Orleans as a two down complement. Latavius could fill either of those holes as well.

I think Martin has another season as well. Maybe Oakland re-signs him. I figure Richard is staying and they’ll go to Warren or a rookie after that.

Also, I think I’d need to know who is replacing Koetter before trying to decide what RB they would bring in.

Bell to the Jets makes sense to me. I can see the reasoning of sticking it to Pittsburgh and signing with Baltimore, but he did this whole hold out in order to improve the RB market and maximize his earnings and there’s no way I see Baltimore coming out as the highest bidder.

No idea who Houston brings in. I would assume Miller gets the axe, but I have no idea why the team seems to like Alfred Blue so much. Bringing in Collins to ease in Foreman and Montgomery to complement him would be a cheap option with some upside.

Ingram in Philly. He has the versatility to shine there along with more durability than the guys they’ve had so far.

Coleman & Ajayi... no idea at this point.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:23 pm

Ajayi back to eagles

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:47 pm

darewood11 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:23 pm Ajayi back to eagles
If Adams can go out tomorrow and carry the ball 18 times for 30 yards...he’ll have accumulated what Ajayi provided. :wink:

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:24 am

Valhalla wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:47 pm
darewood11 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:23 pm Ajayi back to eagles
If Adams can go out tomorrow and carry the ball 18 times for 30 yards...he’ll have accumulated what Ajayi provided. :wink:
Interesting schtick given that Ajayi averaged like 5.5 ypc in his time with the Eagles.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:37 am

I have no idea what each team's cap situation looks like. I'll just comment on the more meaningful names:

- I think Ingram returns to the Saints on a two-year deal. Just makes sense for both sides.

- Bell goes to the Colts. Jets have a ton of money too, but the Colts are the better situation for him (if they're interested). Similar to how the Jets were linked to Cousins for a while, but he ultimately chose the better situation over the check.

- Coleman goes to the Raiders.

- Ajayi to the Ravens on a prove-it deal, similar to how they acquired Crabtree, Brown and Snead.

- Yeldon stays in Jacksonville on a 3-year deal. They want more insurance for Fournette and I think they cut Hyde after the season.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:14 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:37 am - Bell goes to the Colts. Jets have a ton of money too, but the Colts are the better situation for him (if they're interested). Similar to how the Jets were linked to Cousins for a while, but he ultimately chose the better situation over the check.
I think the big difference here is that Cousins has a decade and probably 3 contracts left in his career. It was important for him to put himself in a position to succeed as his performance will greatly affect his next contract, which will be even bigger than this one.

Bell meanwhile pretty much has this deal and that's it as his last chance for big money, and he needs to maximize it now. His performance doesn't really matter that much because by the time he's ready to sign another deal he's going to be old enough that the money will be minimal compared to this deal either way.

I think Bell takes the most money, straight up.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:16 am

I hope Bell goes to the Raiders and not Coleman. Part of the reason I bought Coleman was the potential chance if him landing somewhere I like.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:32 pm

Vcize wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:14 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:37 am - Bell goes to the Colts. Jets have a ton of money too, but the Colts are the better situation for him (if they're interested). Similar to how the Jets were linked to Cousins for a while, but he ultimately chose the better situation over the check.
I think the big difference here is that Cousins has a decade and probably 3 contracts left in his career. It was important for him to put himself in a position to succeed as his performance will greatly affect his next contract, which will be even bigger than this one.

Bell meanwhile pretty much has this deal and that's it as his last chance for big money, and he needs to maximize it now. His performance doesn't really matter that much because by the time he's ready to sign another deal he's going to be old enough that the money will be minimal compared to this deal either way.

I think Bell takes the most money, straight up.
If Bell is in the position where he has two offers with a slight difference in cash, I don't think he necessarily goes to the highest bidder.