Foreman Value Now?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Foreman Value Now?

Postby badbuddah » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:04 am

What kind of value are you guys seeing Foreman having moving forward? I'm not getting any interest in him in my league, should I hold him? I have no idea if he will be good post injury.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Foreman Value Now?

Postby Oddball456 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:20 am

badbuddah wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:04 am What kind of value are you guys seeing Foreman having moving forward? I'm not getting any interest in him in my league, should I hold him? I have no idea if he will be good post injury.
If you have held him for the past year, why wouldn't you hold him now that he should make it back on the field soon? I think his value has stayed around the same, early - mid second. I just hope he gets on the feild healthy this year and hopefully his stock rises in the off-season and then more in preseason next year.

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:25 am

Oddball456 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:20 am
badbuddah wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:04 am What kind of value are you guys seeing Foreman having moving forward? I'm not getting any interest in him in my league, should I hold him? I have no idea if he will be good post injury.
If you have held him for the past year, why wouldn't you hold him now that he should make it back on the field soon? I think his value has stayed around the same, early - mid second. I just hope he gets on the feild healthy this year and hopefully his stock rises in the off-season and then more in preseason next year.
Well I was wondering if I should sell him before he steps on the field in case he is not the same player as before the injury. It sounds like a high second might be worth selling him for from what you are saying. On the flipside, I guess selling him for any lower than that isn't worth it considering he might actually play well and take over the job from Miller. His value completely dies however if they sign Bell in the offseason.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:27 am

If you own him like I do and have held him the last year and a half, why would you be giving up on him when he is coming back in the next few weeks?

I agree that there is no traction around my league, but I also haven't been shopping him either. I've waited long enough on him that I am not in the mood to just flip him for 'whatever I can get'.

His value holds a second rd grade, but I'm not moving him at this time. I would like to see what sort of talent I have on my roster first.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:49 am

badbuddah wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:25 am
Oddball456 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:20 am
Well I was wondering if I should sell him before he steps on the field in case he is not the same player as before the injury. It sounds like a high second might be worth selling him for from what you are saying. On the flipside, I guess selling him for any lower than that isn't worth it considering he might actually play well and take over the job from Miller. His value completely dies however if they sign Bell in the offseason.
If you want to get out from under him, then take whatever you can get because he is a dart throw for sure.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:48 am

I'm holding. I am pretty sure I will be holding until we see what happens this offseason too. I don't expect much from Foreman when he comes back, at least not for another month at minimum. Achilles is tough to come back from. No camp or preseason... Hope I am wrong, but I think he will need time to find a groove. Also, Texans blocking hasn't really been great. Much better in Miller's 2 big games, but not great overall...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:50 am

As for value in picks, I doubt I trade him for a 2nd round pick. As long as they don't sign Bell (or Tevin Coleman) I think Foreman will be worth more than a 2nd even if he is a dud or takes a while to find his groove.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:03 am

I was crazy high on Foreman before the injury but with an achilles injury I highly doubt 2-3 weeks makes any difference at all. If he wasn't ready a few weeks ago when they could have activated him and chose not to then I find it hard to believe he's any more noticeably healed up now.

He will probably need until next year to get back to even 80-90% but the opportunity may be gone by then as I expect Houston to bring someone in this offseason.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:09 am

Get out for any 2nd. The Texans will have a decision to make in the off season, and if you look at the profile, he's a third round pick with 327 career rushing yards, with a career threatening injury that even if he comes back from, it'll be at reduced efficiency. (With a YPC of 4.2, he doesn't have much efficiency to give.) On top of that, it will be the last year of Lamar Miller's deal, and they can cut him for a cap hit of $1 million, probably the most likely outcome. The Texans would have to see quite a bit over the rest of the year to go into 2019 with Foreman as the lead back. He looked quite solid before the injury, but I think that player is gone now.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:03 am

His value will be completely unknown until we see him back in action still
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:08 am

I'd need a second to move him, where that second is depends on the nature of my team
ex. If I'm a pretty dominant team it'd need to be earlier since I can take a shot on the upside

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:09 am

themburns wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:09 am Foreman as the lead back. He looked quite solid before the injury, but I think that player is gone now.
Based on what exactly? you been watching him workout in the gym and in practice and he has lost a step?

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:24 am

He looked pretty good when healthy last year, but we just don't know about his recovery. Achilles injuries are difficult to return from, but they're no longer career-ending as in decades past. We saw from Michael Crabtree that he was effective after his Achilles injury, but he didn't look quite the same, and it took him two years to really get back up to speed. On the flip side, Foreman is much younger, which could help his recovery, but at the end of the day every person heals differently.

I'm holding Foreman where I own him, but if you're worried, I'd consider selling for a mid/late 2019 2nd.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:35 am

grandmabetty wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:09 am
themburns wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:09 am Foreman as the lead back. He looked quite solid before the injury, but I think that player is gone now.
Based on what exactly? you been watching him workout in the gym and in practice and he has lost a step?
https://lermagazine.com/article/return- ... on-rupture
This study showed that 31 acute Achilles tendon ruptures occurred in NFL players between 1997 and 2002. The average age of a player sustaining a rupture was 29, with an average career before injury spanning six years.

Of the 31 players who sustained an Achilles tendon rupture, 21 (64%) returned to play in the NFL at an average of 11 months after injury. In the three seasons following their return, those 21 players saw significant decreases in games played and power ratings compared to the three seasons preceding the injury.
Here is a more recent one: https://www.healio.com/orthopedics/spor ... don-repair
“Our study of 95 NFL players showed that it was also a career-ending injury in nearly 28% of those analyzed. Although postoperative performance was worse in running backs and linebackers (vs. pre-injury), there was no difference in postoperative performance or number of games played for any position (with the exception of linebackers) compared to rigorously matched control players in the league.”
Running backs and linebackers had significantly worse postoperative performance scores compared with preoperative scores. Linebackers had significantly worse postoperative performance vs. controls.
The Foreman crowd is betting that he's an outlier of both a late day two pick, and of an Achilles recovery. I don't like those odds.
Last edited by themburns on Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:38 am

I'd encourage anyone who thought he looked like a lead back last season to go back with a new set of eyes and watch him again. Outside of a couple of big runs, he was highly unimpressive. I think we all expect Houston will be looking to move on from Miller sooner than later (right or wrong), but the next guy up will not be Foreman. If that move happens during the 2019 off season, they will either add a top free agent option or draft their future runner. If you can more Foreman for a future 2nd, that's a good move. If you're looking to obtain him, I would wait out the next few weeks before making a move to acquire as owners are going to get frustrated with him being listed as a game day inactive even though he's returned to practice.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.